Nederland Transfer to PN-G?

akifan94

500+ Posts
Peveto came from OF but I am not sure of why he would not be able to play unless he could not establish that he lived in the district.

More on the Ned issue.

September 21, 2010

Lack defends his decision to exit Nederland
Anonymous The Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News Tue Sep 21, 2010, 10:57 PM CDT

Dear Port Arthur News:

This is Andrew Lack, the young man you wrote about Sept. 21st in your newspaper. I felt that it was necessary to contact you and explain my side of the story and why I actually left the team.

The way the situation actually happened was Ben Jones, Austin Dial, and I were all talking on the sideline during practice about Dionte Forney. What was said was that we thought it was wrong for the coaches to use Carson (Raines) and toss him to the sideline when they didn’t need him anymore.

I mentioned that my father and I talk about the team after the games are over. One of the running backs, Edwin Nelson, overheard us talking and told Dionte. Dionte felt that we were disrespecting him and told coach Neumann.

After practice Neumann talked to Nelson and and heard what he had to say. After his talk with Nelson, coach Neumann brought Austin Dial, Ben Jones, and I into his office and started talking to us and letting us know that what we said was wrong.

During his rant he said, "You and your father can take your opinions and shove them up your bleep."

After Neumann had said this, while the other two players were in the room, I told him I didnt want to play anymore. I didn't care who was in the backfield. I played football cause it was what I loved to do, but Neumann disrespected me, but on top of that he disrespected my father.

After I made my decision I was going to just walk the halls as a regular high school student. The next day other students started harassing me and trying to cause problems. I felt that it would be in my best interest to leave the school before everything got out of control.

I decided to go to PNG and be a regular student. I decided that if if was going to go to a different school I might as well try to play football while I was there.

I talked to the coaches at PNG and they explained the UIL rules to me, and I told them the story and they said they would do all they could to help me play again.

— Andrew Lack

Neumann’s differs with Lack’s account

EDITOR’S NOTE: Nederland football coach Larry Neumann strongly denied Andrew Lack's specific comments in reference to what Lack and his father could do with their opinions. Neumann added that he wishes no ill will toward Lack and his family and doesn’t understand the motivation behind what he called a “fabrication.”

“This situation has been well-documented,” he said. “I believe our principal, Dr. Soileau, addressed what Andrew contends I said, with at least one of the other kids involved, and was satisfied with the response

bark

1,000+ Posts
Thanks for the reply Squaw, I forgot about that situation -

That's why I love your responses you always have good insight and remember!

Really, good to hear from you

BBHS-65

Why would Andrew Lack just walk away from his starting position at Nederland in his senior year? From what I have read, he was a star player. And why would Coach Newmann want to jeopardize the team by making such a comment? (Witnesses say Coach Newmann did not make that comment.) I don't think we need this situation interfering with our Indians football season.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
BBHS-65 said:
Why would Andrew Lack just walk away from his starting position at Nederland in his senior year? From what I have read, he was a star player. And why would Coach Newmann want to jeopardize the team by making such a comment? (Witnesses say Coach Newmann did not make that comment.) I don't think we need this situation interfering with our Indians football season.

I have said there is more to the story than just what has been said. I personally know players who played for Nederland in the last couple of years and they are glad that Lack made a stand.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
BBHS-65 said:

+1

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I don't know all of the facts, but from Lack's letter this is how it might have gone down. The boy who overheard the Linemen talking only heard part of the conversation on the practice field, went to Coach Neumann without all of the facts, and Neumann passed judgment without hearing the full story.

Neumann says that administrators were ok with what they found when they talked with "one" witness. There were more people in the room than this. And I am of the belief that whomever that witness was would not tell the full story of what happened in the office for fear of throwing Neumann under the bus. If he were to throw the coach under the bus, he wouldn't be seeing the field anytime soon. So basically, the witness was covering his own back.

Finally on to Squaw's point. She is right. At the end of 2002 we had a "soon to be" star running back at PNG that didn't get along with MB and decided to transfer to Ned. I'm not sure how everything went down, but he was allowed to play the next 2 years at Ned.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
What ever the story is its a very sad situationfor the coaches the players and the school district to be in.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I really like Coach Faircloth. Here's the latest on this in PA News today.

http://panews.com/sports/x180462969/PN-G-chief-quiet-about-Lack

VegasNDN

This sounds like a messy divorce. The sad thing is that there are three sides to this story...the player's side, the coache's side, and the truth.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I think the UIL committee headed by the coach at Central should allow Lack to play ball. Now, that said, I think he should be able to practice, have fun with the guys, and play second string at times when we are way ahead and, therefore, give us depth and skills and give the student an opportunity to have great memories of his senior year. To me, this is just my opinion, but I think that would be a win/win situation for all. Football should be about fun, too. That said, after watching PNG ball for years, that is NOT what I think will happen. Newmann facilitated the transfer when that kid in 2002 left PNG for Nederland and most teams seem to enjoy seeing the Indians lose. I don't see Central's coach giving us anything. Hope I am wrong because if it was OK for Nederland, it should be OK for PNG.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I really dont know what difference it would make, as far as the Indians are concerned. We have a pair of stud-hoss offensive tackles right now, probably the best I've seen in years. I dont see the Lack kid getting playing time unless there is an injury? I don't have all the details, but thats my uninformed perspective from the bleachers! It is a pity that the injury-plagued Nederland team got all their dirty laundry aired in the PA News.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I am with you Shovelhead. BF did right and refused a comment. I really think Neumann should have done the same thing. If he had, this may not have been such a big deal.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
i am with you shovelhead! if lack is allow to play i would hate to see him become a starter , and to think what it would cause in the locker room.. the guys that are there have earn their spots and should not be romved. Also i agree with the post that it sounds like a nasty divorce! if i was BF i would tell the kid that he will most likely be not able to play and to just get the education and be a student at PNG. We do not need this added distraction for our locker room and sideline.

NDN79

500+ Posts
You can bet that Coach Faircloth has the good of the team, and their chemistry together as first priority. He will not let this or anything else take away from the focus of the team. He did the best thing by refraining from comment and just passing the students request down the line.

badndn

500+ Posts
Neumans witness is covering his @$$. Sorry, but it is what it is. So they move on.

Faircloth recieved a request to complete the paperwork and he did, I am sure with full understanding that the district would vote no, but this takes it out of BF's hands and he did what he could for the kid.
Neuman will do the same and sign off on the paperwork. Knowing fully that the district (as a fraternity) will vote no. Therefore Neuman is not the bad guy that said no. It's just the way things work.

As far as the young man is concerned I would have one question for him...Since he did not agree that Forney should start over Raines because Raines had been the starter for the season so far, does he or his father, understand that he would be the ultimate hipocrate if he were to come over here and take someone's starting position?

Nasty situation.

Also on the transfer from PNG to Nederland in 2002 (who was this by the way, you can name names since the kid is now an adult), pretty sure the transfer of Stinson from Nederland to PNG made up for it, and may have actually been before it.

What class is Peveto in?

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Peveto is a sophomore.

With the alledged attitude of Forney, I wonder if Lack was disgruntled because of special treatment Forney may have been getting. Just an idea that I have, no proof it

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores