never fails

former ndn

i played for the indians in 03 and 04 i still keep up with them and look at the message board every now and then but i love getting on here and reading about all you guys who shoulda been coaches because yall know the game so well and yall could do such a better job than any of the coaches out there they should prolly just hire one of yall as the next head coach also coach mb has nothing to do with the offense he didnt when i was there and i dont see why he would know and for him making deffensive adjustments he is no long the dc and i remember how much everyone loved the new dc last year and thought he was awesome but one loss one loss on the whole year and every coach should be fired and for the ones who keep talking about kids only playing becuase their dad is a coach segura is the only one thats dad is a coach and playing alot and he had the most catches on the team going into the game i love how loyal you guys are the coaches are great when we are winning i remember reading last year yall thought the play calling was so much better and liked the oc but one loss and everyone wants all the coaches fired i just love reading yalls comments keep them up they make me laugh and i know they coaches read this sometimes becuase ive talked to them and i know they would like to see all yall who bash them come out and coach one game and see how it goes

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, I hear you former ndn. It's tough being a football coach in the state of Texas. Especially PN-G. Coaches after all are teachers with a second job of coaching. You're right, most fans could not coach the team to a win. But the expectations of winning will always be there. There is no other way.

Having been a former player, and a player on the 2004 team that lost 13-19 to Nederland, you surely understand the emotion.

Looking back at that game article, a couple of paragraphs stress the same point being made this year, and every year.

It marked the only time any team had held PN-G under 115 rushing yards all year. The Dogs put the clamps on PN-G tailback Josh Cook, who rushed for a season-low 58 yards on 14 carries.

"They knew what we were doing," Cook said. "They were really well-prepared. We waited too long to open it up. We didn't open it up until the fourth quarter and that hurt us."

Ironically, the game marked the first time that PN-G passed for 200 yards in a game all season. Hemmings completed 15 of 24 passes for 209 yards, including a seven-yard scoring pass to Watson with 29 seconds to play. Those numbers are a bit misleading because Hemmings was only 6 of 14 for 63 yards after three quarters.

No one thinks all the coaches should be fired. They just see some good, and sometimes great talent on the field that isn't always fully leveraged.
PN-G fans that have loyally watched the games for decades, many of whom played on the field, actually are qualified to make such comments.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Man!....Whatever happened to caps, punctuation and spelling???

Remember kiddies...STAY IN SCHOOL! (and pass English!)
4.gif

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Sorry, I could not help myself, but I had to translate former ndn's post. This is what texting has done for the English language. So for those of us who are texting illiterate it would read as follows:

I played for the Indians in '03 and '04. I still keep up with them and every now and then look at the message board. But I love getting on here and reading about all of you who should have been coaches. You all think you know the game so well and could do such a better job than any of present coaches. They probably should just hire one of you as the next head coach! Also, Coach MB has nothing to do with the offense; he didn't when I was there and I do not see why he would know. As for him making deffensive adjustments, he is no longer the DC and I remember how much everyone loved the new DC last year. Everyone thought he was awesome! But one loss and only one loss on the whole year and every coach should be fired! For the ones who keep talking about kids only playing because their dad is a coach, Segura is the only one whose dad is a coach. Segura is playing frequently and he has had the most catches on the team going into the game. I love how loyal you guys are and think the coaches are only great when we are winning. I remember reading last year you thought the play calling was so much better and liked the OC. But one loss and everyone wants all the coaches fired! I just love reading your comments; keep them up they make me laugh! I know the coaches sometimes read this board. I have talked to them and I know they would like to see all of you who bash them come out and coach one game and see how it goes!

I do agree we do go overboard being Monday Morning Quaterbacks, but who doesn't like to win against their biggest rivalry. By the way, you are never a Former NDN. Once an NDN always and NDN!

pncoach

He said that he "played", which means that he passed english class. Now that scares me!! I thought the translation was excellent, with maybe one exception. I think he meant to say, I played the first six weeks of the 03 and 04 seasons.

NDN X

100+ Posts
yankee: read on SETX board that you haven't been well, hope things are getting better. you are in my prayers :angel:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
There is a lot of people being negative on here. I believe its there right to express their opinion. This is a message board that is why we have them.

footballfan

former ndn I hear you but i can tell you one parent on the team that could outcoach them anyday is brian wright. When a man behind me is calling the plays of what port neches is going to do i would say that is pretty sad. I know people think oh well its just we have lost one game but my opinion is even when we are winning we need to get a fresh batch of coaches that has more experience than just playing high school ball. I know Matt played for Lamar but he has lost what he learned for us to run the same play over and over and over and over again. Yes that is the oc calling the play but have you gforgot what the head coach means is you make final decision. when we went to state Matt didn't take us there it was Mike Long which we have sucked offensively ever since. The best coach Port Neches has ever had is Danny Malone and because he didn't play the political game or kiss up to the clicks Port Neches ran him off but in my opinion they ran the best coach we ever had off.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
3 of my co-workers played for D. Malone. They all say that he was a great coach and they loved playing for him. They never could understand why he was run off. I agree he was a good coach and made his ball players tough.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
lets not forget that mike long had a son and he played as a soph and a junior.I recall he faired pretty well. So saying hes only playing because his dads a coach isnt fair to the player.If anything they are under extreme pressure to perform because if they screw up it only makes people on sites start complaining more.And the whole thing about the kid only playing because he had brothers or other family play for the program there is nothing wrong with giving the kid a shot.i think were most people have a problem is playing time,with a roster the size of PNG not everybody is going to play.One of the great thing i have always liked about matt is when the game is out of reach the backups go in.i enjoyed my time playing for matt and never had a problem earning my chance to play.I didnt have a father play for the program i didnt even play 8th grade football.i had to tryout for the 9th grade football team without the coachs even knowing my name.i worked hard and come my senior year i made 1st string on defense.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
#20, no doubt you were a good one. #21 was pretty tough as well. Both prototypical PN-G defenders. :helmet:

former ndn

Thanks for the translation. You were right that is what texting does to you. I just started typing and put what i felt and didnt stop till i was done. I will be the first to admit though, I am not good in english but i never missed a game played in all 24 games in my two years and started.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores