NEW 4A RATINGS

soccerdad86

New ratings courtesy of sportspower.com. We're movin' on up!

Ratings as of 10/12/2009, 4:29 AM

Name State PR W L T
1 Lake Travis Cavaliers TX 91.12 7 0 0
2 Longview Lobos TX 75.36 6 1 0
3 Guyer Wildcats TX 65.44 6 0 0
4 Waxahachie Indians TX 63.47 6 0 0
5 Midway Panthers TX 54.18 5 1 0
6 Angleton Wildcats TX 38.94 6 0 0
7 Lake Dallas Falcons TX 36.89 6 0 0
8 Big Spring Steers TX 36.39 6 0 0
9 Highland Park Scots TX 35.56 6 1 0
10 Birdville Hawks TX 35.44 6 0 0
11 Port Neches-Groves Indians TX 34.73 6 0 0
12 Santa Fe Indians TX 34.55 6 0 0
13 Aledo Bearcats TX 33.71 6 1 0
14 Ryan Raiders TX 33.60 5 1 0
15 Everman Bulldogs TX 33.40 5 1 0
16 El Campo Ricebirds TX 33.34 5 1 0
17 Brenham Cubs TX 33.10 6 1 0
18 Beaumont Central Jaguars TX 32.77 5 1 0
19 Denison Yellowjackets TX 32.66 6 1 0
20 Pearland Oilers TX 32.29 6 1 0
21 Steele Knights TX 32.17 5 1 0
22 Calallen Wildcats TX 31.96 6 0 0
23 Pearland Dawson TX 31.80 5 1 0
24 Montgomery Bears TX 31.06 5 1 0
25 Hereford Whitefaces TX 30.97 6 1 0

badndn

500+ Posts
This is the poll that has the Pearland Oilers in their 4A poll! Pearland is and always has been 5A.

soccerdad86

They have Vidor rated 28th due to their weak non-district schedule...It doesn't prove much when you whoop up on the 3A and small private schools.

afndn

Does anyone know how many of the teams rated 1-10 would end up in the same Division as PN-G?

soccerdad86

That would be impossible to tell until after the top 4 teams from each district are determined...then the two largest go div I and the two smallest go div II.

NDN79

500+ Posts
One step at a time loyal Indian Fans, One step at a time!

It definitely is exciting to talk about it though! Play-off's---who would have thought?

Go Indians--Beat Vidor, and we will be closer to the dream!

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
NDN79 said:
One step at a time loyal Indian Fans, One step at a time!

It definitely is exciting to talk about it though! Play-off's---who would have thought?

Go Indians--Beat Vidor, and we will be closer to the dream!

I couldn't agree with you more NDN79. I live in a community where there were 4 teams ranked in the USA Today top 25 in the country at one time 3 weeks ago. Since then, the one that was ranked No. 3 has lost two straight, albeit to two of the other in the USA top 25. All of the fans that I talk to of that No. 3 team says they think the rankings went to the heads of the players and they thought all they had to do was show up on game night and win. NOT SO!

I am very happy PN-G is flying so far under the radar currently that no one sees them coming until it is too late. Rankings mean nothing unless you back it up with play on the field each and every week that leads to wins and ultimately a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Shea9840

badndn...I think this is the new high school in Pearland that is only 4A right now..not the Pearland Oilers..not sure though

badndn

500+ Posts
Shea9840 said:
badndn...I think this is the new high school in Pearland that is only 4A right now..not the Pearland Oilers..not sure though
Nope not the case. Keep looking further down the list you will see Pearland Dawson. That's the new school. They are in the Lamarque, Friendswood, Angleton, TC district.

soccerdad86

No..both Pearland schools show up in these ratings...I e-mailed the website and they are in the process of getting it corrected.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Just a reminder: PNG was picked to lose EVERY game in the play-offs in 1975 because we were "too light and too white." (not my quote) I hope, personally, that they never rank us too high until its over and we have a state championship trophy! Back then our team was small--no massive sized linebackers or linemen. Football is all about precision and execution.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Guess you're right, Proud, as usual! 'Course we all know memory dims as we get older and older. :laugh: Anyway, my point is that football is more than just brawn. It takes brains and execution to win and the Indians have that in gigantic amounts this season. (But I DO love us having the largest O line I've ever seen them have) We owe all the skill and execution to our wonderful coaching staff and hope they realize how much the fans here love and respect them.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
squaw said:
Guess you're right, Proud, as usual! 'Course we all know memory dims as we get older and older. :laugh: Anyway, my point is that football is more than just brawn. It takes brains and execution to win and the Indians have that in gigantic amounts this season. (But I DO love us having the largest O line I've ever seen them have) We owe all the skill and execution to our wonderful coaching staff and hope they realize how much the fans here love and respect them.

If there's anything you need a refresher on, visit the web site and look at the History menu.
(Sometimes I wonder how many people here actually visit the football web site. :) )

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores