New DCTX web site and mobile app

IndianFan

pngindians.com
Dave Campbell’s Texas Football modernized their web site and app to help with performance. I think k there stated goal was to handle 200,000 simultaneous users.

It seems that the mobile app needs a lot more work. It’s failing to load content in multiple areas.

Some features are temporarily unavailable
Most content is still available. Please try again shortly.


I would not have chosen to release a new version in the middle of the season!
 
New scoreboard is lousy imo. I’ve gone there for years to check statewide scores and with the graphics on the new scoreboard there are only a few games per page, so it takes forever to look them over. I don’t need the graphics, just the scores.
 
That’s a case of the UX designer or developer having too much of an influence on the design. I would revise the use case for that page and follow your criteria. A simple list of easily read scores. Function over appearance.

But more questionable than anything is the decision to make these changes in the middle of a football season. A lot of paying customers are unhappy.
 
New scoreboard is lousy imo. I’ve gone there for years to check statewide scores and with the graphics on the new scoreboard there are only a few games per page, so it takes forever to look them over. I don’t need the graphics, just the scores.
100%
Good opportunity for a web guy to take over scorekeeping on Fridays
 
Dave Campbell’s Texas Football modernized their web site and app to help with performance. I think k there stated goal was to handle 200,000 simultaneous users.

It seems that the mobile app needs a lot more work. It’s failing to load content in multiple areas.

Some features are temporarily unavailable
Most content is still available. Please try again shortly.


I would not have chosen to release a new version in the middle of the season!
Agree. Same problems as above. Tried removing and reinstalling app. Not what I signed up for. @&$ input gives you @&$ out. Pay and IT service rep thousands of dollars to tell you to reboot the system.
 

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (2-3)
vs.
Texas City Stingarees (5-1)


Friday, October 9, 7:00PM

The Reservation

HOME GAME TICKETS

NDN PRESS ON YOUTUBE

Regular Season Broadcasts

RADIO

INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Huge shout out to the entire Port Neches-Groves community for the support last night! You all created an amazing atmosphere for a high school football game and brought so much energy to our team! Our Band, G Crew, Indianettes, Frontline, and Cheerleaders were awesome!  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

DISTRICT SCORES

Back
Top