New Stadium Upgrades

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
One thing that I believe helps smaller schools like that
Is I don’t know literally how many schools they have but I believe there’s one school “per grade” (not two or more elementary or intermediate schools) like is the case for PN AND G

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Mostly north of I-30 on the Tx side
The Arkansas side is
You guessed it ARKANSAS HIGH haha and a tiny school Genoa
(So 5 schools)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Apparently it was $7 million for the field house paid for with a $39m bond
They did a Jumbotron and adding new baseball/softball/track

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. The cost to refurbish Indian Stadium was ‘only’ around $10-11 million.

But that was 2008 dollars.

15-16 years ago. It seems like it was yesterday. Time is fleeting.

VegasNDN

I'll settle this once and for all. I'll buy a lottery ticket this week, it will hit, and we can build whatever we want at no charge to the tax payers. Easy...

bandkid

Staff member

Was cut down to $9 Million to save other bond projects post-Ike, if I recall correctly.

Would probably be $20-25 Million to do the same thing today. But still, compare that to the $50-$100 Million palaces the major suburbs are building.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Was cut down to $9 Million to save other bond projects post-Ike, if I recall correctly.

Would probably be $20-25 Million to do the same thing today. But still, compare that to the $50-$100 Million palaces the major suburbs are building.
Yeah, seems like the original plans included a completely new and bigger visitor side stands along with some other things that had to scaled back or scrapped all together in order to complete other projects due to cost of materials going up significantly after Ike.

These new stadiums are nice and all, but NONE of them come close to Friday Night Lights at THE RESERVATION!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

It all comes with a cost. For example, Cy-Fair ISD has top notch facilities for everything. Also over $3.5 Billion of debt.

Torino

500+ Posts
Yeah, seems like the original plans included a completely new and bigger visitor side stands along with some other things that had to scaled back or scrapped all together in order to complete other projects due to cost of materials going up significantly after Ike.

These new stadiums are nice and all, but NONE of them come close to Friday Night Lights at THE RESERVATION!!
That is what happened. Also, the home side of the stadium was in worse shape than anticipated and cost a little more than planned.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores