Next Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I’ll answer this right now. Until the School Board comes out and talks about what happened I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY INCUMBENT until they’re all voted out. I’ll donate to anyone who runs against any of them. They can say whatever the want, but he was forced out and at election time I hope there dirty little secrets don’t get out.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
I’ll answer this right now. Until the School Board comes out and talks about what happened I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY INCUMBENT until they’re all voted out. I’ll donate to anyone who runs against any of them. They can say whatever the want, but he was forced out and at election time I hope there dirty little secrets don’t get out.
me too that is the way i feel too

PNGAlum

Time to bring home David Satcher. He's been head coach in some really tough districts in which at times they didn't even have weight rooms. Chose to take positions with under privileged kids. Is a defensive mastermind. Time to bring him home and see what he can do with talent. Very smart smart coach. His name was bring thrown around quite a bit when Fairckoth got hired.

Coach Satcher begins his 6th year of coaching at Clear Lake, and has 12 years of coaching overall. He has coached at both the high school (Woodville, Brazosport and Bay City) and college (Northwester State University and Texas State University) levels. Coach Satcher grew up in Groves, Texas. His favorite saying is "never mistake activity for achievement" According to Coach Satcher, the most important thing to learn from playing football is working together in a group, having the experience of bringing diverse skills together so they fit into a single unit working toward a common goal, one in which everyone dose his own job. The highlight of his time at Lake has been Region lll Championship game victory over Katy. He and his wife have one child, Alina. Coach Satcher also teaches P.E.

i am available and have personally kicked Daid Satcher’s ass in Tecmo Bowl. His grasp of the Oiler Run and Shoot was rudimentary at best and could not stop the simple Power I formation.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
In my profession, we call that "the Spin" say what you can to get the least amount of questions, come off as positive, and then huddle in secret to figure out .... how do we get out of this mess and save face.

Stop discussing bringing in local coaches. The proof is that it is not a successful venture. That is how you "Spin" out of the discussion.

Just the the Principal attending the UIL realignment on February 3rd, 2022 instead of the Athletic Coordinator. Athletic Coordinator performs duties of the Athletic Director when they are not available.

Things are "Spinning" in the Corporation into Corruption for all to see.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stop discussing bringing in local coaches. The proof is that it is not a successful venture. That is how you "Spin" out of the discussion.

Just the the Principal attending the UIL realignment on February 3rd, 2022 instead of the Athletic Coordinator. Athletic Coordinator performs duties of the Athletic Director when they are not available.

Things are "Spinning" in the Corporation into Corruption for all to see.
Sounds like both of you are in agreement with the concern for limiting the selection process.

PNGAlum

If a head coach is selected that possesses a losing record, what does that say to the community and fan base?
The fan base would have to be shown where he was. As to why that record is poor. Don’t think he’s actively seeking this job. Doubt he’d turn it down. This is someone’s pipe dream. PNG fans need to brace themselves for another little known commodity. PNG is a storied high school program but Port Neches and Groves are not storied places to live. I know. Lived there. It’s getting better but it is not the kind of place a top candidate is going to run to to raise a family. Great school but that is it. I’m not trying to flame this board or poo poo on my hometown. Many on here know what I am talking about. Whether they’ll admit deficiencies are not. To attract a family. A family which comes with a wife. Might be a tougher sell.

bandkid

Staff member
If a head coach is selected that possesses a losing record, what does that say to the community and fan base?

I can just about promise you the public will be rightfully irate. And this isn't a comment about Satcher, specifically.

Indian99

500+ Posts
The fan base would have to be shown where he was. As to why that record is poor. Don’t think he’s actively seeking this job. Doubt he’d turn it down. This is someone’s pipe dream. PNG fans need to brace themselves for another little known commodity. PNG is a storied high school program but Port Neches and Groves are not storied places to live. I know. Lived there. It’s getting better but it is not the kind of place a top candidate is going to run to to raise a family. Great school but that is it. I’m not trying to flame this board or poo poo on my hometown. Many on here know what I am talking about. Whether they’ll admit deficiencies are not. To attract a family. A family which comes with a wife. Might be a tougher sell.

I know what you mean, but Faircloth came from a pretty good distance to move here and this place is probably the only home his kids remember - and now he talks about how much he will miss it. We might not have all the bigger city amenities, but the people are what make a community - just saying.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I know what you mean, but Faircloth came from a pretty good distance to move here and this place is probably the only home his kids remember - and now he talks about how much he will miss it. We might not have all the bigger city amenities, but the people are what make a community - just saying.

I've been out in central Texas since 1989 - and maybe I'm a weird one, but I judge all schools by what I know and have lived, played, bled, etc....... It's not the same. So I'm actually one of those that misses "home" and although everyone bitches about it, when you've been in the rat race for so long, it becomes appealing in its simplicity, but PASSIONATE community. I've seen nothing like it since 1989.

I can't vote people out...... but you can bet I've been on the phone with probably at least ~50 back home. I'm vested in it, believe in it, and am passionate about it. Your politics don't mean.... um, SQUAT to me.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Again I will not vote for a current board member and will lobby everyone else I know which is a lot and most of them are pissed about the situation until someone comes out and says what REALLY HAPPENED. Because trust me there is some that really knows what happened.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Again I will not vote for a current board member and will lobby everyone else I know which is a lot and most of them are pissed about the situation until someone comes out and says what REALLY HAPPENED. Because trust me there is some that really knows what happened.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores