Next Game: 5A Division II State Championship

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
White or purple uniforms, Indians just didn’t bring their A game that day, whatever the reason. Plano had a very tough defense on top of that with Billy Ray Smith dominating in that game. Also Justin Eicher was injured in that game which was a big blow.
At 7 years old I remember Billy Ray was all the talk -so I watched him the whole game - I think I remember there being signs for the PLAYER -that’s the first time I ever remember seeing that at a football game. Don’t remember much else about it other than that.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
At 7 years old I remember Billy Ray was all the talk -so I watched him the whole game - I think I remember there being signs for the PLAYER -that’s the first time I ever remember seeing that at a football game. Don’t remember much else about it other than that.
10 seasons as an NFL linebacker. He was the real deal and a force even in high school.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It’s quite on the message board front now. All the numbers, if-then-else scenarios and what-ifs have been mentioned. Maybe PNG fans are focusing on and mentally resting up for the journey and a tremendous showing of support at the game tomorrow. Hoping to see a massive crowd that is loud and energetic. The team feeds off of that.

Win or lose, but we will win, it’s a memorable event for the community.

Hope that everyone has a safe trip.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It’s quite on the message board front now. All the numbers, if-the-else scenarios and what-ifs have been mentioned. Maybe PNG fans are focusing on and mentally resting up for the journey and a tremendous showing of support at the game tomorrow. Hoping to see a massive crowd that is loud and energetic. The team feeds off of that.

I also noticed it was a bit quiet and was not sure what to make of it. My own state of mind involves confidence mixed with a bit of anxiety. I have no doubt that we are good enough to win this game, but we all know that in games like this it is often the case that you also need the ball to bounce your way a few times (or at least not bounce away from you). Hopefully we play well enough that in this particular game it won’t matter.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
48 minutes of play, maybe 10-12 possessions if lucky, and every play is critical. It all goes by so quickly.

Making the most of every opportunity should end with good results. But much easier said than done. If we can score on half of those possessions and not give them cheap scores like last year, I like our chances.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
48 minutes of play, maybe 12 possessions if lucky, and every play is critical. It all goes by so quickly.

Making the most of every opportunity should end with good results. But much easier said than done. If we can score on half of those possessions and not give them cheap scores like last year, I like our chances.

I am hoping that the experience gained from last year will make the difference, and I think there is a good chance that it will.

1310TheTicket

48 minutes of play, maybe 12 possessions if lucky, and every play is critical. It all goes by so quickly.

Can't have many possessions without points. Got to score off of ANY turnovers. It's going to take 40+, however you get there.

Early game. Jump on them quick like last year and play with your hair on fire for 48 minutes.

100+ Posts
It’s quite on the message board front now. All the numbers, if-then-else scenarios and what-ifs have been mentioned. Maybe PNG fans are focusing on and mentally resting up for the journey and a tremendous showing of support at the game tomorrow Saturday Hoping to see a massive crowd that is loud and energetic. The team feeds off of that.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
It’s quite on the message board front now. All the numbers, if-the-else scenarios and what-ifs have been mentioned. Maybe PNG fans are focusing on and mentally resting up for the journey and a tremendous showing of support at the game tomorrow. Hoping to see a massive crowd that is loud and energetic. The team feeds off of that.

I know there was A LOT more media coverage, hype, build up and chatter last year, but this time I think the quietness is a we’ve been here before “SWAGittude” as my son calls it…lol! Making BACK TO BACK trips to the BIG SHOW isn’t “luck” or a “fluke”…it’s a STATEMENT that the PNG INDIANS have EARNED the right to be here!!
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve had this nagging feeling like SOMETHING is coming and IT’S SHOWTIME might just be MORE than a battle cry, it could be a WARNING that this team is gonna UNLEASH EVERYTHING and put on a SHOW at Jerry’s World!!

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
I think we have hashed the rehash that has been hashed already. No doubt in my mind that coach has been planning for this since spring training. Indians by 10. I have a nice party at my house all planned out with the victory cigars and whiskey ready to go. Go Indians.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think we have hashed the rehash that has been hashed already. No doubt in my mind that coach has been planning for this since training. Indians by 10. I have a nice party at my house all planned out with the victory cigars and whiskey ready to go. Go Indians.
He also has a couple of extra football minds with lots of experience at his disposal to assess and advise on game plans. If he even needed it.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
Can't have many possessions without points. Got to score off of ANY turnovers. It's going to take 40+, however you get there.

Early game. Jump on them quick like last year and play with your hair on fire for 48 minutes.
Just like Aledo last night. They were fired up the whole game with some serious intensity.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores