Next season

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With most of the offense returning in 2022, only Koby Trahan and Daylon Bergeron being significant losses, the Indians can have an amazing season if they can continue the high powered passing game that they are known for.

QB Cole Crippen and wide receivers Chance Prosperie, Landon Guarnere and others filled the record book with their performances in 2021. All return with their sights set on even bigger things in 2022.

Amazing times to be a PN-G Indian. Let’s hope a great coach can come in and help them reach the next level.

bandkid

Staff member
Crippen completed 62% of his passes last season and racked up an astonishing 25-30 passing record in PN-G’s stunning upset of undefeated #6 Montgomery in the second round of the playoffs. It was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen from a high school quarterback.

With 16 of 22 starters returning from a team that went three rounds deep in the playoffs - after being predicted to place fifth in district at the start of the season - I think a capable coach would have everything he needs to take Crippen and the team on another deep run.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
We saw last year what potential this team has. If they do not let any distractions get to them they could make a run towards winning the region. They cannot control who is gonna be coaching, so they need to buy in, get to work and finish their highschool career strong.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great point. Ideally offensive schemes won’t change a lot. Still need to focus on defensive improvement starting with more effective play at middle linebacker.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
Crippen completed 62% of his passes last season and racked up an astonishing 25-30 passing record in PN-G’s stunning upset of undefeated #6 Montgomery in the second round of the playoffs. It was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen from a high school quarterback.

With 16 of 22 starters returning from a team that went three rounds deep in the playoffs - after being predicted to place fifth in district at the start of the season - I think a capable coach would have everything he needs to take Crippen and the team on another deep run.

Do not expect 16 of those 22 to be starters next season. Wait and see. Some upset parents will influence who starts, and have already ensured that job posting is available.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Do not expect 16 of those 22 to be starters next season. Wait and see. Some upset parents will influence who starts, and have already ensured that job posting is available.
That kind of funny business will take the ‘HONOR’ and the ‘PRIDE’ right out of the HONOR, PRIDE, TRADITION motto.

Dominating in practice and making the greatest difference on the field should be the only playing criteria.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I spot 14 players on the roster that should be untouchable unless there is a superstar transfer or someone improves a lot over winter and summer. The other few could probably be pushed with one, maybe two starting positions more than wide open. So even if some players are relegated to backup, it’s still a team game and the best man plays.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
I spot 14 players on the roster that should be untouchable unless there is a superstar transfer or someone improves a lot over winter and summer. The other few could probably be pushed with one, maybe two starting positions more than wide open. So even if some players are relegated to backup, it’s still a team game and the best man plays.
hope so

Chief1987

Pretty sure it’s 14 of 22 returning not 16.

Chief1987

So theoretically 8 open spots that more than likely get filled by current juniors who will be seniors next year. Some were backups on varsity this year, couple of others were jv starters this year. Just my observation.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Consider Sophs #10 Shea Adams, #26 Chase Johnson and #79 Dillan Romero. They played a lot.

I forgot to subtract Cooper Faircloth as well who was the 4th receiver. There needs to be a more effective player at middle linebacker so that may also be a subtraction of a starter.

Sortable Roster:

Chief1987

Consider Sophs #10 Shea Adams, #26 Chase Johnson and #79 Dillan Romero. They played a lot.

I forgot to subtract Cooper Faircloth as well who was the 4th receiver. There needs to be a more effective player at middle linebacker so that may also be a subtraction of a starter.
They weren’t starters so weren’t counted in my math. Linebackers are fine, no subtraction there, replacing two senior cornerbacks is the real looming issue.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
They weren’t starters so weren’t counted in my math. Linebackers are fine, no subtraction there, replacing two senior cornerbacks is the real looming issue.

So theoretically 8 open spots that more than likely get filled by current juniors who will be seniors next year. Some were backups on varsity this year, couple of others were jv starters this year. Just my observation.
Maybe. There are several sophomores that are just as much in the running who played a lot. The three listed above at the head of the pack. Being a senior never was and never should be the deciding factor. We’ll agree to disagree, again, on the linebacker situation.

Chief1987

Explaining

Maybe. There are several sophomores that are just as much in the running who played a lot. The three listed above at the head of the pack. Being a senior never was and never should be the deciding factor. We’ll agree to disagree, again, on the linebacker situation.
It was juniors who rotated in and out with the seniors who were starters, especially on defense. I suspect they will start out as #1’s on the depth chart. Which is why I said what I said. So as for as defense goes, cornerback will be a hot spot to fill and on offense the slot and 4th wide receiver will be a competition also. Everything else is pretty well covered. Senior heavy on both sides of the ball in my opinion.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
There is no need to list the player's names on this thread.

If two players have the same ability at one position but one could benefit the TEAM at another position on the other side of the ball, they change position. That is how TEAMs are successful. Unless anyone of those current players have College Coaches recruiting them now (no coach to ensure that is currently being done), then a new coach must evaluate ALL players and their abilities on the field and in the classroom. Not what the media, or parents say the child should be doing.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Austin Bost was a great example in 2016. Ky Walker another in 2014. Koby Trahan in 2020. And many more. A player can work hard over the summer and take over a position. The top 14 I referred to have a great shot to play somewhere if not their position last year. But best man SHOULD win the job. Senior or not.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores