Next season

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
August, 2012
Cade McCrary was a little boy in the first grade when his dad joined the coaching staff of Mack Brown at Texas in 1998. He grew up dreaming of being a Longhorn, and even after his dad, Hardee, left the staff and moved over to the Longhorn Foundation, that dream never wavered. In high school, he was a leading receiver and one of the top players during Lake Travis' run of state championship success over the past five years.

When it came time to attend college, he had several offers at other places, but made it clear to his folks that he wanted to be a Longhorn. So three seasons ago, he made the team as a walk-on wide receiver. He also had a special skill that would turn out to serve the team well - he was a holder for extra points and field goals. When the Horns were looking for a holder two years ago after Jordan Shipley left, Cade McCrary stepped up and won the job.

The tradition of, "Justin Tucker....out of the hold of Cade McCrary" became a common announcement for the Longhorn kicking game. In fact, as Justin was lining up for the winning field goal in College Station last Thanksgiving against Texas A&M, all I could think about was, "Tucker, out of the hold of McCrary." The rest, of course, is history. You never hear much about a deep snapper or a holder unless they screw something up, and in one of the grandest moments in Texas Longhorn football history, Cade McCrary became a hugely important footnote to legend.

FDA77DAD-3282-467C-B23E-330D14F1BC34.jpeg
7EA3C371-351F-417E-B02F-A0E7955738AF.jpeg

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Honestly. The dynamics of the PNG demographics etc. there’s not much better cultures to emulate than SLC Katy and LT
The towns care about football success. And the kids come from maybe not exact backgrounds but closer than say my home town etc.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The new coaches coming in are all young with tremendous football pedigree and winning backgrounds. They know what it’s like to win big and have been in the top programs in the state.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Looks very good on paper. Whether or not this translates into a top level football program or not remains to be seen. But I'm optimistic and excited - much like how I felt when Faircloth was hired.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Pure speculation unless Chief has insight and can be more specific on the finalization.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores