Next season

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I hear what you are saying Indian Tax Payer. However, the PN-G school board and administration must not share your views. If they did, Coach Faircloth would still be at PN-G. The buzzwords or phrase from the anti-Faircloth crow is, "right fit." The new coach must be the right fit. Exactly what does that mean? I've yet to hear a definition or explanation. I'm guessing it includes, "play my kid," or "kiss ass to the school board and administration," or "stop shattering the record books and stop going to the playoffs," or "let's go 5-5 and play great defense," or "keep underperforming assistant coaches on the payroll." I don't know. I'm just guessing. Let's get rid of a winning coach so we can, according to rumors, bring in .500 or below .500 coaches. But, don't worry. Bark tells us that no one outside of Port Neches or Groves really cares. The THSCA is not laughing at PN-G...no, they are laughing with us, not at us. SMH.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
Austin Bost was a great example in 2016. Ky Walker another in 2014. Koby Trahan in 2020. And many more. A player can work hard over the summer and take over a position. The top 14 I referred to have a great shot to play somewhere if not their position last year. But best man SHOULD win the job. Senior or not.

I agree 100%. I am very familiar with the 2014 and 2016 years. Like I have stated on other threads, I know a lot more from the inside than people think is possible. I understand the collegiate recruiting process and NFL Scouting Process by being involved.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
I hear what you are saying Indian Tax Payer. However, the PN-G school board and administration must not share your views. If they did, Coach Faircloth would still be at PN-G. The buzzwords or phrase from the anti-Faircloth crow is, "right fit." The new coach must be the right fit. Exactly what does that mean? I've yet to hear a definition or explanation. I'm guessing it includes, "play my kid," or "kiss ass to the school board and administration," or "stop shattering the record books and stop going to the playoffs," or "let's go 5-5 and play great defense," or "keep underperforming assistant coaches on the payroll." I don't know. I'm just guessing. Let's get rid of a winning coach so we can, according to rumors, bring in .500 or below .500 coaches. But, don't worry. Bark tells us that no one outside of Port Neches or Groves really cares. The THSCA is not laughing at PN-G...no, they are laughing with us, not at us. SMH.

Not all of the School Board members agree with what is occurring! Unfortunately, as citizens we have to wait it out until a possible coach is selected for approval.

Chief1987

There is no need to list the player's names on this thread.

If two players have the same ability at one position but one could benefit the TEAM at another position on the other side of the ball, they change position. That is how TEAMs are successful. Unless anyone of those current players have College Coaches recruiting them now (no coach to ensure that is currently being done), then a new coach must evaluate ALL players and their abilities on the field and in the classroom. Not what the media, or parents say the child should be doing.
We ain’t talking about stjfl in here.

Torino

500+ Posts
I agree 100%. I am very familiar with the 2014 and 2016 years. Like I have stated on other threads, I know a lot more from the inside than people think is possible. I understand the collegiate recruiting process and NFL Scouting Process by being involved.
What happened in 2014 and 2016?

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts

Players moved positions during the spring. They were starting at previous positions the year before before. Some parents, and others in the community were upset and felt it was the wrong decision by Faircloth for those individuals; however, they had no concern for then TEAMs success.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I used those years as an example of players changing positions for the good of the team. In 2014 Ky Walker lost the QB position to Adam Morse. In 2016 Austin Bost did the same as Roschon Johnson won that job. Both Walker and Bost made the move to defensive back and were highly successful there. You know their dream was to play QB but they sacrifice that personal goal for the good of the team. True PNG Indians.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I used those years as an example of players changing positions for the good of the team. In 2014 Ky Walker lost the QB position to Adam Morse. In 2016 Austin Bost did the same as Roschon Johnson won that job. Both Walker and Bost made the move to defensive back and were highly successful there. You know their dream was to play QB but they sacrifice that personal goal for the good of the team. True PNG Indians.
Just like RJ did for the good of UT.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
what about dustin long
Lot of good write ups, records and general reading over on the website.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
Lot of good write ups, records and general reading over on the website.
dustin long has the best win record and that is what counts he is up there with roschon

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
dustin long has the best win record and that is what counts he is up there with roschon
All three are among the best IMO, each with slightly different strengths and weaknesses but none with any great weaknesses. Not sure if Doty quite reaches the level of those three, but he was certainly close. Before Morse came along, I thought he was probably the best PNG QB since Richy. And of course Richy himself has to be in the elite group. Different strengths and weaknesses but no major weaknesses, and difficult to compare QBs from different eras and operating within the context of different offensive (and even opposing defensive) systems.

90NDN

500+ Posts
I will never forget the game playoff game in '99 at Kyle field with Long at the helm. I was living in the Dallas at the time and didn't expect we would have a game due to the weather, but I made the trek anyhow and I'm glad I was wrong. I believe we played Schertz Clemens ...what a great game and memories.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
I will never forget the game playoff game in '99 at Kyle field with Long at the helm. I was living in the Dallas at the time and didn't expect we would have a game due to the weather, but I made the trek anyhow and I'm glad I was wrong. I believe we played Schertz Clemens ...what a great game and memories.
yes that long drive in the end to win

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores