Next Year??

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Longbow said:
Well, Coach Faircloth pretty well cleared up the QB situation in the paper this morning.

I didn't read it that way. He said "He COULD play a prominent role". He also said that Walker could be moved to defense too.
All I'm saying is that, just like this yr., things can change as the team comes together. AJ was THE GUY... at first.
Time will tell. I'm just suggesting that the position is not cemented by anyone... just yet.

hpt2012

Longbow said:
PNGproud, why would you say that? We have a very good QB that made starter this year as a Sophomore. His play was outstanding before breaking his hand. Why would he be replaced?

I agree with you Longbow, Walker played will as QB but also did awesome as a DB. Next year will still be a rebuilding year for PNG, And as much as I like Walker, I see Adam Morse moving up to the starting QB roll next season, and Ky as his back up. Both are great QB's, But Morse is still going through his growth spurts and in a couple of years will be a Rothslenberger type size QB. He will be a beast.

Longbow

I did some research on this topic. In Walker's first game against WOS he QB'ed the only drive this year of any team that has scored an offensive TD against WOS' defense. In his second game he outpassed the kid from Humble SC who is being recruited by everybody. In his first start, against Lumberton, he scored on the sixth play. My information is from the Pt Arthur news archives. On Aug. 14th Coach BF said "Walker is our QB of the future. He is perfectly suited for what we do". I have great confidence that BF will do what is in the teams best interest. Morse is a great kid and his time will come but as long as Walker is healthy he is the guy according to Coach. Just my opinion and our opinion doesn't matter. Ask the players their opinion.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Sorry, still think Morse is better suited for this offense and should be given a equal chance come spring ball.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With high school kids, you never know what difference a year will make. From one year to the next a player can mature, grow, improve, and come in and take over a position. It's good to have options with players with that much upside.

badndn

500+ Posts
Longbow said:
I did some research on this topic. In Walker's first game against WOS he QB'ed the only drive this year of any team that has scored an offensive TD against WOS' defense. In his second game he outpassed the kid from Humble SC who is being recruited by everybody. In his first start, against Lumberton, he scored on the sixth play. My information is from the Pt Arthur news archives. On Aug. 14th Coach BF said "Walker is our QB of the future. He is perfectly suited for what we do". I have great confidence that BF will do what is in the teams best interest. Morse is a great kid and his time will come but as long as Walker is healthy he is the guy according to Coach. Just my opinion and our opinion doesn't matter. Ask the players their opinion.
Walker didn't outpass Sharp. It's apples and oranges. One team was gaining almost 10 yards a carry and had a big lead early in the game while the other was playing catchup, had no ground game and had to throw. And in the end Sharp was 11/22 115yards one TD and an INT while Walker was 10/20 126 and no TDs or INTs. And In the WOS game it was Smith that led the team down on the TD drive. Walker only threw a couple of passes in that game. Smith threw the two TD's against WOS. Ky completed only 48% of his passes in his limited action this year. Again not bashing the young man, I think he could be good in the position, but I think Morse has a better tool set for QB and Walker can help in other areas of need where Morse can't or should I say might not. If Adam Morse sits on the bench for the next two years it would be a waste of a great young talent at QB, but time will tell. Not a bad problem to have.
Look at what Summer Creek did with Sharp. As a freshman they had him spliting time on Varsity. Last year he was the starter as a Soph and they went 9-2 and this year they are 9-0 and look to be a seriuos contender for a state title run this year and next.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
P-N-G said:
WOW!!!!

"INDIAN INKLINGS: The PN-G football team had 57 players on opening day this year, but only was able to suit up 38 to start this week".

Anyone remember a couple of years ago when Nederland was plagued with injuries and West, Halliburton, and some of the other local media kept reminding people of that in reference to the mediocre season that were having? PN-G hasn't gotten much ink this year with what is likely a worse injury situation.

badndn

500+ Posts
Those injury riddled Nederland teams still found a way to make the playoffs. That's what gets you ink.

badndn

500+ Posts
Also Tom loved Nederland football! And Bob loved Tom...Our own local version of Bob and Tom, only we were laughing at them not with them most often! :)

bark

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Also Tom loved Nederland football! And Bob loved Tom...Our own local version of Bob and Tom, only we were laughing at them not with them most often! :)
Having been involved in the '74, '75 and '76 football seasons in HS when Ethridge came from TJ and West made such a big deal out of it, it turned me off and the way he idolized JJ and Todd Dodge - both good/great but let it go.

JJ don't coach and Dodge fell on his face at North Tex. they are not perfect!

hpt2012

Just wondering since tommorrows game is not of important significance's, Meaning were not going to the playoffs, Does anyone knows if Coach BF is intending to let his 2nd and 3rd string see some playing time against Livingston? I know some players got moved up, But you have the spring and all summer to get them ready for next season. I couldn't make the QB meeting. It would be nice to see this seniors get some playing time, I know some did but quite a few haven't other than when they were warming up. That would be the right thing to do. Let hope. JMO

bark

1,000+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
Just wondering since tommorrows game is not of important significance's, Meaning were not going to the playoffs, Does anyone knows if Coach BF is intending to let his 2nd and 3rd string see some playing time against Livingston? I know some players got moved up, But you have the spring and all summer to get them ready for next season. I couldn't make the QB meeting. It would be nice to see this seniors get some playing time, I know some did but quite a few haven't other than when they were warming up. That would be the right thing to do. Let hope. JMO
????????????????????????????
agreed it is THE right thing to do!!!

Todd Dodge did not -EVER - I know because I had 2 nephews that played on those great teams. Both played grade 7 - 12 one played 4 or 5 plays and the other NEVER got into a game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That's unfortunate. Play the seniors. The underclassmen have 1-3 years to earn playing time.

PNGDAD15

Morse did play last night. My understanding of the rules is that since he played last night he wouldn't be able to play with varsity tonight.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stronger and faster is always good. But nothing without execution and taking care of the ball.
Next year let's hope that interceptions aren't the killer that they were this season.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores