Next Year??

Longbow

I predict a district championship. We have alot of great talent coming back next year. Receivers, QB, running backs, lineman and defense. They all look great. We will be hard to beat.

badndn

500+ Posts
A little overly optimistic there Longbow. I see us back in the playoff mix, but unfortunately Nederland will be atop the standings again next year. They return a lot and add a good group from JV.
For PNG there are some good young kids coming in to mix with a pretty good group of returners. Some names to remember next year: T. Smith, Mayfield, Benoit, Bruer, Halfin, Sparks, Hughes, Langston, Romero, Peveto all on JV. We will be starting a Soph at QB (Morse). He will take some lumps, but he is going to be very good. Also look for Soph Giblin to play on Varsity somewhere (LB or WR). Walker looked good the other night at CB even with only one hand. Rose is back as is Murdock and 3 O Linemen. And Dawson and Broussard at LB. Sums it up from what I've seen. I'm sure I missed someone. So no one get upset.

Longbow

The last thing that needs to be started is another QB contraversy. Coach BF has already said that Walker is "our QB of the future". He named him his starter this year for a reason and I don't see that changing. Lemoine will be Walker's backup. If Walker gets hurt then they will pull Morse up. As for Nederland, I believe that we can and will handle them along with everybody else. We are blessed with alot of talent the next few years.

badndn

500+ Posts
No controversy at all. Walker can play most any skill position and do it well. Have you seen Morse?

png fan for life

If I'm not mistaken haven't we been pulling players each week from our JV team? This has to hurt our JV team over time. Put all them players back and take out the injurys and I wonder if that Ned vs PNG score would have been different?

bark

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
A little overly optimistic there Longbow. I see us back in the playoff mix, but unfortunately Nederland will be atop the standings again next year. They return a lot and add a good group from JV.
For PNG there are some good young kids coming in to mix with a pretty good group of returners. Some names to remember next year: T. Smith, Mayfield, Benoit, Bruer, Halfin, Sparks, Hughes, Langston, Romero, Peveto all on JV. We will be starting a Soph at QB (Morse). He will take some lumps, but he is going to be very good. Also look for Soph Giblin to play on Varsity somewhere (LB or WR). Walker looked good the other night at CB even with only one hand. Rose is back as is Murdock and 3 O Linemen. And Dawson and Broussard at LB. Sums it up from what I've seen. I'm sure I missed someone. So no one get upset.
?????????????????????
what about the Henry kid and the big D lineman from Groves -can't think of his name, GMM last year, 9th this year_ also several of this years 8th graders are really good, they will be 9th next year. Several are talented and really know the game inside and out. Groves has a Riggs kid - maybe?

got to get better - I can't remember being next to last in District in a long time.

Longbow

Yes, I have seen Morse. I am his biggest fan. That kid is very special in his talents. Both kids will benefit us well. All I am saying is nobody spends more time each day with our QB's than BF. He knows their abilities best of all. Coach said in a recent newspaper article that Walker was perfectly suited for our offense and he is our QB. Coach wants a 3 year guy. I also think that BF does not want to get into a similar situation like this year where your future starter is a backup not getting playing time. That's why I feel like Morse will get alot of playing time on JV until Walker graduates or is injured. We are extremely lucky. We could have this conversation about every position on the field. Lots of talent and Coach will make the rights calls.

hpt2012

Longbow said:
Yes, I have seen Morse. I am his biggest fan. That kid is very special in his talents. Both kids will benefit us well. All I am saying is nobody spends more time each day with our QB's than BF. He knows their abilities best of all. Coach said in a recent newspaper article that Walker was perfectly suited for our offense and he is our QB. Coach wants a 3 year guy. I also think that BF does not want to get into a similar situation like this year where your future starter is a backup not getting playing time. That's why I feel like Morse will get alot of playing time on JV until Walker graduates or is injured. We are extremely lucky. We could have this conversation about every position on the field. Lots of talent and Coach will make the rights calls.

My take on this QB issue for next year is very simple. Ky will be the starter while Morse will be the back up. As for Lemoine he will be possibly be converted into a WR. Just like this year Ky became the starter and AJ the back up. next few years they will use Lemoine as a QB if they both get injured, Just like there doing now with Cervantes being the back up in case AJ get hurt. He (Cervantes) is listed as a WR on the roster.

Longbow

I think that Morse is too good of an athlete to sit for the next 2 years. I believe that BF will want him to get as much playing time as possible. If Walker gets hurt, Lemoine would finish that game. The next week Morse would be pulled up. Who knows what's in the game plan. BF may put Morse on defense and be Walker's backup at the same time. Many good options there.

PNGDAD15

The Purple freshman team has outscored their opponents 190-63 so far this year. I say the future looks good for both sides of the ball for the next few years.

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNGDAD15 said:
The Purple freshman team has outscored their opponents 190-63 so far this year. I say the future looks good for both sides of the ball for the next few years.

????????????????
I agree the 9th graders are outstanding hopefully it won't fall off after they leave.

how did this years seniors do as JV/Fresh.?

bandkid

Staff member
bark said:
PNGDAD15 said:

????????????????
I agree the 9th graders are outstanding hopefully it won't fall off after they leave.

1-9

bark

1,000+ Posts
bamakid said:
bark said:
PNGDAD15 said:

????????????????

1-9
???????????????????????????
there ya go. Are you still at Alabama?

png94

100+ Posts
Come out this Thursday to Indian Stadium and watch them play Vidor at 5PM so you can see what a great group of boys they are.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores