Next Year??

bandkid

Staff member
bark said:
bamakid said:
bark said:
PNGDAD15 said:
The Purple freshman team has outscored their opponents 190-63 so far this year. I say the future looks good for both sides of the ball for the next few years.

????????????????
I agree the 9th graders are outstanding hopefully it won't fall off after they leave.

how did this years seniors do as JV/Fresh.?

1-9
???????????????????????????
there ya go. Are you still at Alabama?

Yes I am.

badndn

500+ Posts
Indianforever I have seen Morse on a few occasions and let me start by saying he has good talent protecting him. This young man just has a grasp of the position. He is big, I'd guess 6'1 and about 180+ (not a skinny freshman), has a very good arm and a feel for pressure. He makes good decisions and can run as well. You can tell watching him that he has been to QB camps and works at it even out of fb season. The plus for him and us as NDN supporters is that he has a lot of talent in that class. Added to a very talented Soph class and 8th grade groups and the Reservation could be hoppin' in a few years again. Also I was told he was asked about moving up to JV earlier when Walker moved up and he wanted to work with his class, which tells me they are a tight group.

indianforever

100+ Posts
png94 said:
:band:
indianforever said:
Sounds like a good idea...I'll be there
. Well, what did you think Indianforever?

all i can say is WOW!!...some of those boys look like they can play varsity now.....We have some deep playoff runs coming very soon. I am very excited about the future for PNG!!! :woot:

Purple Dove

:shout: Let the future take care of itself. We need to dwell on the present. This year's team is working hard every day . They deserve our support. We love you!!! :rocks:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Stopped and watched some of the Groves/PNMS 8th A team game tonight. Who is the QB for PNMS? Why is #7 for PN only playing defense? #7 from Groves is a beast. The 2 tackles for PNMS looking like varsity linemen.

bbmom77

#7 for Groves is Dylan McGough...great athlete and kid! And #7 for Port Neches is Keynel McZeal...both teams played a great game last night! Can't wait to see them all play together next year! :clap:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
png1977 said:
#7 for Groves is Dylan McGough...great athlete and kid! And #7 for Port Neches is Keynel McZeal...both teams played a great game last night! Can't wait to see them all play together next year! :clap:

Why doesn't Keynel McZeal play offense?

badndn

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
png1977 said:

Why doesn't Keynel McZeal play offense?
He has in the past and earlier this season. I know he missed several games with an injury and might have just returned. Maybe they wanted to limit his time due to injury?
Does anyone know if McZeal is related to the McZeal from SFA in the mid 80's. Brian McZeal was a very good player on those SFA teams that made it to a couple Semifinals.

Longbow

The entire offensive line will be back, except Reasons. Taylor Smith will take his place. Sparks and Lane at H back. Halfin at R back. Walker at QB. Recievers will be Rose, Murdoch and Bryan. I think BF will make some changes on defense so I can't really speculate.

thatpngfan

badndn said:
A little overly optimistic there Longbow. I see us back in the playoff mix, but unfortunately Nederland will be atop the standings again next year. They return a lot and add a good group from JV.
For PNG there are some good young kids coming in to mix with a pretty good group of returners. Some names to remember next year: T. Smith, Mayfield, Benoit, Bruer, Halfin, Sparks, Hughes, Langston, Romero, Peveto all on JV. We will be starting a Soph at QB (Morse). He will take some lumps, but he is going to be very good. Also look for Soph Giblin to play on Varsity somewhere (LB or WR). Walker looked good the other night at CB even with only one hand. Rose is back as is Murdock and 3 O Linemen. And Dawson and Broussard at LB. Sums it up from what I've seen. I'm sure I missed someone. So no one get upset.
Romero... Is he kin to #8 Romero from last year?

Longbow

PNGproud, why would you say that? We have a very good QB that made starter this year as a Sophomore. His play was outstanding before breaking his hand. Why would he be replaced?

badndn

500+ Posts
Yes that's Chase Romeros brother.
As far as the QB battle goes, you gotta see the Freshman QB. It's not a knock on Walker. Walker is a very good athlete and has proven he can help us at another position of need. Morse fits the bill of a spread QB. Big, strong, hard runner, with a great arm and grasp of the offense. I see Walker at CB and even as the Wildcat QB and general offensive utility guy. BF will want to get them both in the game. Its a great problem to have!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
WOW!!!!

"INDIAN INKLINGS: The PN-G football team had 57 players on opening day this year, but only was able to suit up 38 to start this week".

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I honestly think Morse should be the QB next year. Walker is a great athlete that could be used in many different positions.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores