Notice of Broadcast Changes

bandkid

Staff member
The PN-G feed for this year (and probably from now on) will be on 1450 AM and 1550 AM. 92.5 FM will no longer carry it, and if you listen to it on their website, you'll now have to use the Legacy Sports website or come here. People like me who have listened to it via the IHeartRadio app on their smart phone will have to download the Legacy Sports app instead.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Thanks for this information. I downloaded the app. Maybe now we will not get those occasional cutaways to pre-programmed clearchannel radio commercials during the game.

bandkid

Staff member
PNG NDN Fan said:
Thanks for this information. I downloaded the app. Maybe now we will not get those occasional cutaways to pre-programmed clearchannel radio commercials during the game.

I've been told that a lot of the issues with the broadcasts should be cleaned up thanks to the move.

vocalindian

You can get it on iHeart radio too. Look for the two AM stations Look for La Grand AM 1450 and 1550 in Beaumont. I have it on My iHeart APP. Here is the media release from earlier today.

For Immediate Release
PNG Football Broadcast More Accessible, More Mobile
You’ll have more places and options to listen to PNG football this season than ever
before, including two radio stations, two smart phone APPs and numerous websites.
Joe Arnold, play by play announcer for the broadcast team said it was a bitter sweet
decision. “We’ve been on FM radio for a long time and were hesitant to make a
switch, but the new selections give our listeners so many more options. At the end
of the day, it’s all about the listener experience and these new outlets give them
more options to listen on their terms. Our biggest concern was staying on the radio
for the folks that didn’t have internet or smart phone access particularly our older
audience who are often shut?ins”, said Arnold. The games will now be carried on
the Legacy Sports Network website as the primary carrier with supplemental
broadcasts on AM 1450, AM 1550 and PNGINDIANS.COM as well as other websites.
The broadcast are still underwritten by BASF FINA Petrochemicals with all ad
proceeds going to PNG High School in the form of scholarships. BASF FINA
Petrochemicals manager for community and Government Affairs, Carol Hebert says
giving back to the community is important to the company. “It’s a great way for the
site to show our commitment to the community while allowing local business the
opportunity of showing their support for the home team, all while raising money for
scholarships”, Hebert said.
To listen to the games you can log on to the Legacy Sports Network at
www.legacysportsnetwork.com or tune in to AM 1450 or AM 1550 on your radio.
You can also listen on your iPhone or android smart phone with the Legacy Sports
Network mobile app or iHeart Radio app. Additionally, you can listen on the
Cumulus Radio website at http://www.lagrand1450.com/, and
www.pngindians.com. For more information please contact Joe Arnold at
409.344.3133 or Eric Sullivan at 409.832.2027.

Cajun78

Not Happy! should have stayed on FM. I had to dig up an old radio with a dial to get clear reception while sitting on my porch. My new state of the art boombox is all digital and unable to fine tune. Cool 92 was premium quality. should not have changed what was working. The web was ok if i wanted to sit at the computer, but I like to sit outside on patio. :(

bandkid

Staff member
I don't know how well things went on the radio, but I though the quality of the internet broadcast was much better. A few hang-ups, but there weren't half as many problems as there have been in previous years. Legacy was a great choice.

Cajun78

Yes Web site was good quality. I will try my Ipad next time and see how that goes. I couldn't get it away from the wife tonight.lol

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I have a Bluetooth receiver plugged into my stereo on my back porch. I also have one plugged into the stereo in my garage. All I have to do is connect the iPhone or iPad over Bluetooth on the porch or garage and I can listen to the game over the speakers.

I agree. This broadcast was far superior to the previous several years. I'm also assuming that an AM broadcast costs advertisers far less than an FM broadcast. In this economy, I'm guessing that we may be having a harder time getting advertising lined up to cover the games.

phetonb

I had my android ready to listen while I was at the game. I could not get it to play on my Android Legacy App which I had installed. I have Iheart Radio, but could not find the station 5 min before the game, and another thing, the location of Silsbee's stadium gave me fits with connection....4G, then 3G, then 1X it was never constant, so I did not get to listen to the game.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I listened from the office and then from home over the Internet. 1 or 2 lapses where I had to reconnect to the website, but overall, I heard Joe and Paul loud and clear. The 1st Q at the office was clear and no problems. The late 3Q and 4Q were fine at home. No complaints from 1989NDN. Thanks to Joe, Paul, and BASF Fina Petrochemicals for sponsoring PN-G football.

One suggestion/question to Joe and Paul if you read this message board...can you do a quick 2 minute pregame segment with Coach Faircloth or perhaps a different assistant coach each week about that week's game/opponent, e.g. what the fans might see/hear on the broadcast as far as changes or improvement? Even if it is taped earlier during the week it might help you fill some pregame time. I enjoy listening to both of you. You are passionate about PN-G (that's a good thing), you call the action as you see it, you make a few guesses about play calls and penalty flags, and you give alumni and fans across the nation a chance to reconnect with PN-G.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I have had the iheart app on my iphone for years and never had any problem with it. However, I recently had to reinstall it due to itunes changing a couple of their useage conditions. After reinstallingt it half of the channels skip so it sounds like a bunch of chipmonks. Anybody have a similar problem and, more importantly, anybody know the solution? I have downloaded the Legacy app and think I will be able to get the games that way, but I would like to have a backup if possible.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure. I couldn't get the broadcast over the Legacy app. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Iheartadio worked fine for me. I was using it on an iPhone 4.

badndn

500+ Posts
Couldn't make SC game, but was trying to listen in car on the way to BMT. AM stations were horrible! Barely picked up bits and pieces of game. And for a while I was passing through PN. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

bandkid

Staff member
badndn said:
Couldn't make SC game, but was trying to listen in car on the way to BMT. AM stations were horrible! Barely picked up bits and pieces of game. And for a while I was passing through PN. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

Are you sure it was the radio station? The digital broadcast had several problems as well last week.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
The broadcasts have had issues each week this year so far.

I am hoping all the kinks are worked out for district and playoff time!Q!

75NDNDB

Bring Back The FM station PLEASE!!! Cannot always make the games due to work and driving distance. We cannot pick up a signal from either AM station, but we can pick up AM games in Louisianna! The FM channel was clear and dependable up here in the country West of Lumberton, and we have some trouble w/ Legacy broadcasting? Why did we drop FM?

bandkid

Staff member
75NDNDB said:
Bring Back The FM station PLEASE!!! Cannot always make the games due to work and driving distance. We cannot pick up a signal from either AM station, but we can pick up AM games in Louisianna! The FM channel was clear and dependable up here in the country West of Lumberton, and we have some trouble w/ Legacy broadcasting? Why did we drop FM?

Cost. 92.5 FM wanted WAY too much money. PN-G now broadcasts through an independent internet service plus two radio stations for less money.

81alum

You get what you pay for. I agree AM stations STINK! I can't even pick them up at work in Pt.Neches. Computer is ok if you sit right there but on the radio sure is better. Maybe can pick up more sponsors to cover increased cost before next year because for me the current broadcast setup is a major letdown from where it was. I'm sure many of our older fans who listened on the radio would agree. I know my parents do, they haven't been able to listen to a game all year.

15PNG

500+ Posts
yeah, I don't know what it is, but it has been horrible on the computer and on the iPhone. Doesn't matter. I haven't heard a game at all so far. Despite the occasional drop and that 15 minute commerical about chemicals on the FM station, at least I got to hear last year. ???

NDN79

500+ Posts
I've held my tongue long enough. The changes that have been made to the PN-G football broadcasts are TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
The quality (or lack there of) is horrendous!! As fans we are missing out on the opportunity to follow our team. Something needs to be done immediately!

There are always issues with the internet broadcast, it cuts in and out, or you can't make the internet connection at all.It is no better trying to use an android based mobil device either.
Whoever came up with this ridiculous idea needs to have their head examined. Too many loyal Indian fans are missing out on the chance to follow their beloved team.

Every week we are told---we are working on it, or we think we got the bugs worked out, etc... That's not good enough!! This needs to be fixed right away before the entire season gets by us.

I'm sure someone got an atta boy for saving a few dollars, but is it really worth it to alienate your loyal fan base and deprive them of the opportunity to listen to the Indians broadcast.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP FIX THIS....the season is quickly slipping by.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores