NPLB....

wacape

100+ Posts
No Player Left Behind....

40 point lead...subs put in with 6 minutes left in the game....A.J. was throwing lasers and showing leadership in moving the team down the field. Yes, he was playing against a tired and demoralized defense but he has to take what's given to him. Arvie scores a TD but how about him carrying half the Lumberton team on his back for at least ten yards on one play? Subs should have started the second half. ::)

pngmom4

500+ Posts
here we go....... can we not be satisfied with the win. early in the 3rd quarter, coach put in serveral srs.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I'm satisfied! Lumberton may be the weak sister of the district, but it was a good win. Lots of kids got playing time. The band played Cherokee all night. The L-train horn was relativly quiet, AND thats the first time the Indians hung half-a-hundred on the scoreboard in a loooong time. Congrats to the Indians!

Bruiser

wacape said:
No Player Left Behind....

40 point lead...subs put in with 6 minutes left in the game....A.J. was throwing lasers and showing leadership in moving the team down the field. Yes, he was playing against a tired and demoralized defense but he has to take what's given to him. Arvie scores a TD but how about him carrying half the Lumberton team on his back for at least ten yards on one play? Subs should have started the second half. ::)
Wacape...I think you should go apply for a coaching job since you know everything. We lose and you have all the answers...we win and you complain...you're the reason people outside of PNG don't like Indians. Just be happy for the win, let the coaches coach, and support the decisions that are made.

newindianfan

I'm new to all of this writing. But how about #11 Soph. Logan Chipman. A great asset to the team this year and the next two! 65 yard touchdown, total 100 yards against Lumberton. Go PNG!!!! Great game Indians!!!

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
newindianfan said:
I'm new to all of this writing. But how about #11 Soph. Logan Chipman. A great asset to the team this year and the next two! 65 yard touchdown, total 100 yards against Lumberton. Go PNG!!!! Great game Indians!!!
Chipman is going to be one if those kids that we talk about. I am already a fan! He is about TEAM ! I like that! My son Jacob is the same age, kid is two times his size ! Good luck #11

wacape

100+ Posts
Auto...don't hate me because you know I'm right. Just like you and everyone else that wears purple, we expect to win every game. So I can't have higher expectations like everyone else? It's just that my expectations are different than yours. Why stay with the first team when you've got to think about next year? The game was well in hand at half time. Give those who are going to play next year VALUABLE playing time. Case in point...Travis. Didn't see much or any game play last year. Doty's gone this year and we start with a QB with little or no game experience. The kid had to learn his job on the fly this year and has done a great job of doing it. There are probably other starters this year that were in the same predicament. And don't say that JV time is the same as Varsity....it ain't. You don't think there are parents of subs that are itching to see their kids get some playing time as well? Oh....and let's not think about if Chase, Travis or any other of our stars would have went down last night especially when the game was already won alot earlier. I would have hate to have been Faircloth trying to explain THAT at the next booster club meeting. What I'm saying is save the first team to play another day and let the backups play for next season. Come on,man....use that brain matter inside your head. :)

NDN4EVA

You need to understand it is district play. Anything can happen with a district like ours. Our back-up players are mostly seniors. So, it is not going to help us to put in back-ups in there position if they won't play next year. Travis was out starting the 4th quarter as was Nelson, Bertrand, Hanks, Lacour, & any other big names I missed. You have to play our district as if anyone can come back and beat you. Yes we put up 50 points with our first string. It is district and you don't pull your starters until 4th quarter no matter what the score is.

Now with that out, Good job Indians and keep it up. We have a good game coming to the Rez next week. Good to see a big win.

wacape

100+ Posts
So, EVA you're saying run the score up everyone,eh? Let's take out their mascot, cheerleaders, drill team and band while we're at it. The way you put it makes us sound like we're blood thirsty. You get the reputation of running scores up and other teams will do it to us. Coaches have long memories on crap like that.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Like a segment of ESPN

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you complain just to complain. If you hadn't noticed we haven't played very well the past 2 games. Practice doesn't prepare for the speed of the game like live game situations. Reserves we're in the game mid way through the 3rd quarter.

indian20106

It's football... If you can score score. Footballs a contact sport the players aren't worie about hurting the other teams feelings by proving their dominance. Any one who doesn't agree can go argue with the patriots head coach.

Bruiser

wacape said:
Auto...don't hate me because you know I'm right. Just like you and everyone else that wears purple, we expect to win every game. So I can't have higher expectations like everyone else? It's just that my expectations are different than yours. Why stay with the first team when you've got to think about next year? The game was well in hand at half time. Give those who are going to play next year VALUABLE playing time. Case in point...Travis. Didn't see much or any game play last year. Doty's gone this year and we start with a QB with little or no game experience. The kid had to learn his job on the fly this year and has done a great job of doing it. There are probably other starters this year that were in the same predicament. And don't say that JV time is the same as Varsity....it ain't. You don't think there are parents of subs that are itching to see their kids get some playing time as well? Oh....and let's not think about if Chase, Travis or any other of our stars would have went down last night especially when the game was already won alot earlier. I would have hate to have been Faircloth trying to explain THAT at the next booster club meeting. What I'm saying is save the first team to play another day and let the backups play for next season. Come on,man....use that brain matter inside your head. :)
Wacape...let the coaches decide when starters come out and support their decision. You bitch too much!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
indian20106 said:
It's football... If you can score score. Footballs a contact sport the players aren't worie about hurting the other teams feelings by proving their dominance. Any one who doesn't agree can go argue with the patriots head coach.

The same one that was was fined a half million bucks for videotaping the Jets defensive signals back several years ago ??? ::)

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Very impressed with Chipman. Only a soph. and he play`s like a seasoned WR. One would think that anybody playing opposite of J. Nelson would suffer by comparison , but not Chipman. He has held his own and continues to improve. INDIAN fans will hear his name a lot over the next three season`s.

Indian20o7!

and not bashing chipman...hes young...and he has it easy this year...nelson has every teams 2 most talents guys on there defense guarding him...and the boy still makes plays...if ya ask me we are still not gettin nelson the ball enough...in order to win this game friday we are going to need to get nelson ball around 10 times..if not more...

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
As far as the score goes:

1) it does wonders for our players to be able to do this. It is fun for them. After the loss to Nederland, they probably needed the boost this game gave them.

2) if it comes down to a three-way tie breaker, don't point spreads somehow figure into the equation?

thatpngfan

Indian20o7! said:
and not bashing chipman...hes young...and he has it easy this year...nelson has every teams 2 most talents guys on there defense guarding him...and the boy still makes plays...if ya ask me we are still not gettin nelson the ball enough...in order to win this game friday we are going to need to get nelson ball around 10 times..if not more...
I dissagree the win comes from a TEAM effort, You have to put Doty in the math on Nelson's year last year, dont get me wrong kid is awesome. You have to use all your weapons to win !

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores