Official Game Thread: PN-G vs. Willis

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
You're right, in that the defense made the stops when we had to have them most. But, in no way did they play like they did against Central. This was a very good team tonight. It looked like we were playing ourselves. Those are always difficult games. I'm so proud of our kids!

Indian03

100+ Posts
Way to go Indians! What a game! You proved tonight to our community and to our district that the Indians never give up no matter what. You deserve your success and stayed focus when people were ready to count us out. We're so proud of you!

WHO ARE WE? PNG!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
You're right proud...key stops were made at the right time but those long balls still killing us. Great game overall...Willis was no slouch and Manvel won't be either!

NDN79

500+ Posts
WOW!! What a game!! I'm so proud of the Indians for playing so hard and never giving up. Great job by the team and the coaches.It only takes 1 more pt. than the other team has to win--and we got 3 more. AWESOME JOB INDIANS--LETS KEEP IT GOING!!!

png tribe

100+ Posts
No our defense was not there, we just made a key stop when it counted most. I don't understand what we were doing with DJ tonite. He was alway's on the opposite side of where the play was going. We never sent him after the qb, therefore the qb had all night to throw the ball. I cannot get over how wide open the Willis wr's were all night. Hopefully we have a better game plan next week. Luckily the offense did not miss a beat tonite. Great job men! Let's get ready for next week.

gpwildcat

Congrats to PNG. good luck for the rest of the playoffs. Go all the way!

GP is done. lot to calallen 42-14 last night. They scored 2 quick TDs and knocked us out of our game plan. We never got in the groove.

See you guys in August!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
gpwildcat said:
Congrats to PNG. good luck for the rest of the playoffs. Go all the way!

GP is done. lot to calallen 42-14 last night. They scored 2 quick TDs and knocked us out of our game plan. We never got in the groove.

See you guys in August!
Thanks, GPWildcat! I hate that you lost to Calallen. I wish we were going to play them-I'd like to give Danaher a view of our wonderful Indians. See you in August, too, and have a nice, safe winter, spring, and summer. OMG, we just can't lose yet. What will we do without football?

ndnwarrior

Absolutely NO voice this morning, tired as heck, but feeling like I'm on top of the world! Gotta love those INDIANS!!!!! Those boys played their hearts out and never stopped...even with the cheap shots from Willis! Get your rest today boys, thrive in your victory...tomorrow we start getting ready for Manvel! Hope this week goes by FAST!!!!!!! Just can't wait much longer! Kudos to the MIGHTY PNG INDIANS!!!! YOU make us believe...HONOR>>>PRIDE>>>>TRADITION!!!

Scalp 'em, Indians, SCALP 'EM!

PNGALWAYS

In the same way that it does not make sense to be too derogatory toward Willis' defense given the greatness of our offense, it does not make sense being too derogatory toward our own defense given the weapons that Willis had on offense. On the other hand, the game does expose the fact that our biggest weakness on defense at the present time is our pass defense.

I thought the run defense was actually quite good most of the time, particularly since we could not afford to focus on the run given Willis' ability to make big plays against us through the air. However, we do seem to have a great deal of trouble with scrambling quarterbacks.

TheBoysMom

We sat in the lower section last night, around the 20 yard line by the scoreboard, and down at the very bottom of that area was a large group of PN-G students, very nicely mannered and obviously THRILLED to be there, who stayed on their feet cheering the entire time. I noticed they were eventually joined by several Nederland kids too.

I'd like to send out a big BOOOOO to the adults seated behind them who yelled and screamed at them to "SIT DOWN," and when that was ineffective, they went and got a cop to try and make them sit! Surely these people realized they were seated behind a large group of students when they got there, but I guess they thought we were at a tennis match, not a football game.

Thankfully, a nearby dad got involved, who announced that everyone should leave these kids alone at their high school football game, then went and spoke to the cop, who left them alone after that. All of the people who threw hissies easily found better seating by moving a few rows up, and after that, everyone was happy.

WTG with that victory, Indians.
25sagi0.gif

ndnwarrior

To TheBoysMom: I agree with you..those students had EVERY right to be standing and yelling for the INDIANS!!! We're in the PLAYOFFS.....NO ONE should stay seated...we ALL need to be standing, yelliing, cheering our guys to victory! Just my opinion.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
WOW! What a game INDIANS!!!!!

I have been out of pocket for all the regular season games (shutdown work night shift). What a great time to make it back.

Some pics. For those not able to attend can get a sense of the playoff atmosphere.

I got to the stadium 1 1/2 hrs before the game. Thought that would be early enough. I had to really search to find a parking spot on our side.
A shot of the Willis side.
DSCF0351.jpg

PNG side lower level 1 1/2 hrs early.
DSCF0352.jpg

PNG side upper level 1 1/2 hrs early.
DSCF0353.jpg

PNG fans had to park on Willis lot and walk to PNG side.
DSCF0355.jpg

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
TheBoysMom said:
We sat in the lower section last night, around the 20 yard line by the scoreboard, and down at the very bottom of that area was a large group of PN-G students, very nicely mannered and obviously THRILLED to be there, who stayed on their feet cheering the entire time. I noticed they were eventually joined by several Nederland kids too.

I'd like to send out a big BOOOOO to the adults seated behind them who yelled and screamed at them to "SIT DOWN," and when that was ineffective, they went and got a cop to try and make them sit! Surely these people realized they were seated behind a large group of students when they got there, but I guess they thought we were at a tennis match, not a football game.

Thankfully, a nearby dad got involved, who announced that everyone should leave these kids alone at their high school football game, then went and spoke to the cop, who left them alone after that. All of the people who threw hissies easily found better seating by moving a few rows up, and after that, everyone was happy.

25sagi0.gif

Great post!

It kills me to read on this board all year long that the fan participation is not what it use to be, complaining that people do not stand for Cherokee and do not appear to be in to the games anymore. Finally, we are advancing in the playoffs and now we have fans that want people in front of them to "sit down"??

:huh: :angry: :angry: :flaming: :flaming: :angry: :angry:

Please... this is a high school football game. If you are not prepared to stand up and cheer for your Indians, maybe you should rethink your seating choice or stay in the comfort of your living room and listen to the broadcast over the radio.

INDIAN PRIDE..... often imitated, never duplicated.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
PNG vs Willis pics cont.

PNG run thru sign to start game.
DSCF0367.jpg

Great halftime show by Indianettes.
DSCF0374.jpg

PNG Band having fun at halftime.
DSCF0376.jpg

PNG Band working up the crowd with the Tomahawk Chop.
DSCF0377.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
PNG vs Willis pics cont.

PNG second half run thru sign......how appropriate for this season and this game.
DSCF0382.jpg

WOW!!! INDIANS WIN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
DSCF0388.jpg

Our Indians begin the celebration.
DSCF0392.jpg

Celebrating Indians and Fans!
DSCF0395.jpg

Great job by our Indians, great Coaches and wonderful Fan support. It should be a great meeting at the Booster Club Monday night.
DSCF0398.jpg

IBLEEDPURPLE said:
TheBoysMom said:

25sagi0.gif

Great post!

It kills me to read on this board all year long that the fan participation is not what it use to be, complaining that people do not stand for Cherokee and do not appear to be in to the games anymore. Finally, we are advancing in the playoffs and now we have fans that want people in front of them to "sit down"??

:huh: :angry: :angry: :flaming: :flaming: :angry: :angry:

Please... this is a high school football game. If you are not prepared to stand up and cheer for your Indians, maybe you should rethink your seating choice or stay in the comfort of your living room and listen to the broadcast over the radio.

INDIAN PRIDE..... often imitated, never duplicated.
We have been standing for Indian football games for years and don't plan to quit any time soon. The price of admission gives you the right to the seat and the area in front of it. You can sit or stand in your space. We choose to stand in ours. At home we have top row seats so nobody is behind us to complain (except that Central coach who got mad at us for being so loud but, oh well). At the Butch, the back row of the lower section is too small and uncomfortable to use so we go to the top section. Standing is not to upset anybody but to support the Indians. Kudos to the Dad who solved the problem. BISD cops are not used to seeing the type of crowd that was supporting the Indians last night.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
My group hardly sat down all night. I pity the person that screams at me to sit down because I will tell them they need to be standing up. So far we haven't had any problems. I always inform the people sitting by us that we yell the whole game and stand for the most part and they tell us don't stop because of us. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for next week, this game should be exciting.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores