Other Team's Noise Makers

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
2weeter said:
Did anyone else notice during the 1st quarter of the LCM game, PNG scored a TD and our receiver almost ran into the wagon that carries the train horn. Check out the webcast - about 32 min into the telecast. Major problem with that. If someone - a player - had been hurt because the idiots left their horn wagon too close to the field....well, just glad he wasn't hurt. My opinion - no mechanical noise makers.

I remember in 1999 Stephenville had this "dreaded" stinger noise maker. If I rememeber correctly it was 7-8 propane cans welded together and the students would shake them when the teams ran out on the field. The game started and there goes the cans - then HALF the Astrodome starts clapping and singing Cherokee!!!! I actually remember watching the boys slowly stop rattling the cans and their jaws just dropped. That's the kind of noise makers Indians need!!
Nothing can compare with the INDIAN NATION that is on the war path and being loud.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Does anyone else think its kind of funny that Nederland has to copy the ball bearing cans from Stephenville????? Myself, I am proud that the Indians don't have to copy anyone else's traditions or noisemakers because we, Indian fans, make our own noise and don't need artifical noisemakers. Indians are unique.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
2weeter said:
Did anyone else notice during the 1st quarter of the LCM game, PNG scored a TD and our receiver almost ran into the wagon that carries the train horn. Check out the webcast - about 32 min into the telecast. Major problem with that. If someone - a player - had been hurt because the idiots left their horn wagon too close to the field....well, just glad he wasn't hurt. My opinion - no mechanical noise makers.
You are correct 2weeter. Collin Gizzi almost ran into that d*** thing! If we allow those things inside our fence (which I don't think we should), we should require them to be well away from the playing field. And furthermore if we are at our opponent's field and they have one of these wagon, our coaches should ask the officials to more it if it is too close to the field.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Does anyone else think its kind of funny that Nederland has to copy the ball bearing cans from Stephenville????? Myself, I am proud that the Indians don't have to copy anyone else's traditions or noisemakers because we, Indian fans, make our own noise and don't need artifical noisemakers. Indians are unique.

Well I noticed at the game against LCM one of our Indianettes had a propane tank noise maker. Also during the 1999 playoff run PNG fans copied Lamarque with fan chant "we are PNG" then if i remember we copied Schertz Clemens by giving a cheerleader a mic. Correct me if im wrong but thats what i remember

pngbax20

100+ Posts
I think it was a U of H WR who ran into a equipment wagon against Marshall a few years back.I believe the kid sued Marshall. I'm glad the staff starting moving the practice equipment further back from the endzone on the scoreboard side.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcqVloclNNI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcqVloclNNI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gpwildcat

I've been to games at the Reservation. PNG played some sort of indian war chant (not Cherokee) over a sound system. This was several years ago, so may no longer be doing it, but it seems that would qualify as using artificial noisemakers. It was VERY annoying.

NDN79

500+ Posts
That's the point GP--it's our field so we CAN! But visiting teams should not be allowed to use anything but their fans to generate noise. If the visiting team doesn't bring many fans--that's their problem! !

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGBax20 said:
squaw said:

Well I noticed at the game against LCM one of our Indianettes had a propane tank noise maker. Also during the 1999 playoff run PNG fans copied Lamarque with fan chant "we are PNG" then if i remember we copied Schertz Clemens by giving a cheerleader a mic. Correct me if im wrong but thats what i remember
True, but fans put a stop to it--indianette should be rebuked for noisemaker.

gpwildcat

NDN79 said:
That's the point GP--it's our field so we CAN! But visiting teams should not be allowed to use anything but their fans to generate noise. If the visiting team doesn't bring many fans--that's their problem! !

I'm not sure I agree with you. If one side can have artificial noise makers than both sides ought to be able to. GP has a train whistle, I'm not a big fan of it. I tend to think it should just be fans making noise with no artificial noisemakers. Would hate to go to a game and have to listen to visuvias or whatever those horns are called that they were using in the world cup soccer matches. I think it would ruin the enjoyment for many.

By the way, GP is now 6-2. Lost 2 stright district games :<( Both teams, Port Lavaca and Victoria East, ran the option, we just could not cover the corners. Should have won the Port Lavaca game, but Victoria East is pretty darn good. They could make some noise in div 1. Assuming we get back on track, we will be D2.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I still say: Our field--then out rules. When they did the War chant on the P.A. it was only during breaks in live action, time-outs, etc. Never while the game was being played. :)

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
squaw said:
PNGBax20 said:
squaw said:

Well I noticed at the game against LCM one of our Indianettes had a propane tank noise maker. Also during the 1999 playoff run PNG fans copied Lamarque with fan chant "we are PNG" then if i remember we copied Schertz Clemens by giving a cheerleader a mic.
True, but fans put a stop to it--indianette should be rebuked for noisemaker. me if im wrong but thats what i remember
Squaw - You would say that. I guess all the fans with clappers previously purchased as a fund raiser from the soccer team need to throw those away and the fans with homemade noise makers like beans in cans/bottles should be banned also. These are not mechanical. They are human powered and anybody tries to take my clappers will have a fight on their hands.

Seriously ! Who cares who copies who?! It's about showing spirit. At the fire it up pep rally the cheerleaders started the cheer "Who Are We?" - "PNG". Is 2 Bits copying another team? These are cheers that all the cheerleaders statewide learn at camp.

Sometimes the mic may be needed just for the fans to hear the cheerleaders. You can't hear them from goal line to goal line unless they are spread out especially at a big stadium. Who cares if they have a mic? ! !

squaw

1,000+ Posts
You missed my point completely. What I was saying is that true PNG fans don't need mechanical noisemakers as we make plenty of noise without them. Also, its a matter of common courtesy. I guess you think its all right to "clapper" in someone's ears??? Cheering is a totally different thing. We should all cheer on the team. As for copying-I was referring to copying another team's ridiculous manner of making senseless noise. Doing the same cheers as other cheerleaders do is NOT copying----all schools say those same cheers and did most of the 40 years ago.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
squaw said:
You missed my point completely. What I was saying is that true PNG fans don't need mechanical noisemakers as we make plenty of noise without them. Also, its a matter of common courtesy. I guess you think its all right to "clapper" in someone's ears??? Cheering is a totally different thing. We should all cheer on the team. As for copying-I was referring to copying another team's ridiculous manner of making senseless noise. Doing the same cheers as other cheerleaders do is NOT copying----all schools say those same cheers and did most of the 40 years ago.
What I was referring to and I don't think I missed your point completely was that you said and I quote "...Indianette should be rebuked for noisemaker...". Why? She is choosing to support her team.

Cheering is cheering whether it is using clappers, a megaphone, a mic, a homemade propane tank noisemaker, a cowbell or just standing up yelling the whole game. Some teams may think their form of noise is as important to them as we do playing Cherokee hundreds of times in the season. It is what makes them who they are and fires up their team and fans.

I'm all for common courtesy, but I don't think a football game is the place to act like a mouse in church. (And I am religious by the way so no one needs to take it that I'm not.) If you go there thinking there won't be any noise (whether in your ear or not) you came to the wrong place. As long as it's not yelling profanity, the more noise the better and there have been times at some of our games (against Nederland for example) that I wished I had a train horn to get some people fired up. Look at the college teams, A&M & the Longhorns, the Pros., Texans and Cowboys. Those fans are into the game.

But I will say this - the fans at the LCM game wanted the win as much as the boys and got more into the game and I believe had a part in the win. That's the Indian Nation that I love and am proud to be a part of for over 40 years. That's the INDIAN NATION coming together as coaches, team and fans. When we are all together on the same page we are unstopable. I hope that's how it is the next two weeks and into the playoffs. GO INDIANS !! WOOOO WHOOOO !!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
But I will say this - the fans at the LCM game wanted the win as much as the boys and got more into the game and I believe had a part in the win. That's the Indian Nation that I love and am proud to be a part of for over 40 years. That's the INDIAN NATION coming together as coaches, team and fans. When we are all together on the same page we are unstopable. I hope that's how it is the next two weeks and into the playoffs. GO INDIANS !! WOOOO WHOOOO !!
You are right row46. The LCM game had the greatest fan participation (especially for a home game) I have seen in the last few years. Especially for a home game as the fan participation at away games are usually much better then at home games. I asked my grandson on the team if he noticed the fans and he said they did. The standing and cheering of the fans at critical times was great!

OldEagle said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
You are right row46. The LCM game had the greatest fan participation (especially for a home game) I have seen in the last few years. Especially for a home game as the fan participation at away games are usually much better then at home games. I asked my grandson on the team if he noticed the fans and he said they did. The standing and cheering of the fans at critical times was great!
And yet there are those who say standing and yelling every play is not necessary....well, I beg to differ with them. And there are those who say the boys on the field don't know what is going on...well, I beg to differ with them too. If that was so, some of our players wouldn't be trying to get the crowd into the game at times when more noise and participation is needed. The more noise we can make and the louder and longer we are the better. Our guys are used to it but opposing teams are not and it can cause penalties, etc for them. That being said, I am in it for the long haul, and as loud as I can. See you in Vidor where the Indians will have the Pirates walking the plank./

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
OldEagle said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
And there we have it. It's what I and several others have been saying for while - the noise is important. Whether to pump up our team or distract the opponent. That's why we play Cherokee repeatedly because the fans get it to it, why some schools choose to blow train horns, why some schools have propane cans with ball bearings, etc. CHEER ON INDIANS !!! MAKE SOME NOISE ANY WAY YOU CAN !! GO INDIANS !! WOOOO WHOOOO !!

NDN79

500+ Posts
And yet we are digressing away from the original topic of this thread: Skould visiting teams be allowed to bring in their own mechanical or other type noise makers, i.e. train horns on trailers?!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN79 said:
And yet we are digressing away from the original topic of this thread: Skould visiting teams be allowed to bring in their own mechanical or other type noise makers, i.e. train horns on trailers?!
You are right on the money (which is usually the case). The Who? ladies think they are the only ones making noise???? I've been "who hooing" for many years. And the answer to your question is "He** NO!" Read the UIL rules again--its against the rules. Ms. Indianette shouldn't be punished but she should have been educated! Blow a horn in my ear and the fight will be on!

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
squaw said:
NDN79 said:
You are right on the money (which is usually the case). The Who? ladies think they are the only ones making noise???? I've been "who hooing" for many years. And the answer to your question is "He** NO!" Read the UIL rules again--its against the rules. Ms. Indianette shouldn't be punished but she should have been educated! Blow a horn in my ear and the fight will be on!

If y'all would actually look again it isn't just one Indianette there are several that have propane tanks and others who have homemade noise makers of all kinds.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores