PA News

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
squaw said:
IndianFan said:
The News hasn't published an article about any PN-G players in weeks. Have they stopped publishing them online or stopped entirely? It's a disappointment as they were interesting reading.

There is weekly online coverage of Nederland players.
David Henry, sportswriter for the Bmt Enterprise, is NOT a PNG fan and it shows. At least, the News has one good article most weeks about the Indians. The News receives a lot of trash talk from PA natives because mid-county is in the news so often. (albeit, most emphasis on Nerd-land). Guess our students aren't going to work at any of our local newspapers.

LMBO..when will you learn how to spell??

it's N E D E R L A N D

2.gif

bark

1,000+ Posts
Right on Indianfan with Jethro, Mack (Mr. February) and the Jamal Charles thing. Further evidence of his Pt. Arthur BS.
We had a Port Arthur PD talk to our group and said there is no reason for anyone with any brains to be south of Hwy 73 after dark.
Port Arthur is sooooo low *** 60% on welfare, 18% unemployment (not counting the ones who don't count, ie unemployment benefits have run out) ***
Why do you think the cops run radar and insurance/seat belt checks as you enter mid county at Jimmy Johnson & 69, 365 @ HEB and Twin City Hwy @ the Pompano.
If they did it in PA no one can pay the fine. They were bragging on how the Auto wrecks were down - well none of them can afford a car or their licence is suspended.
West has nothing to hold on to but the past ,WAY PAST like 25 years ago. Name 1 good thing happening in PA?

90NDN

500+ Posts
bark said:
Bob West despises PNG since we took Ethridge away and went on our 4 year run to the top and a State Title.
I have some compassion for his sons situation BUT no good feeling toward West. He continues to salivate over Dodge and Duhon -31 years later.
Dodge was a heck of a High school player. While he was extremely successful as a High School coach, most of the non-stars that were apart of (my two nephews included) the team never got to play while the team was blowing others out by 40 - 50 points. He allowed the Qb's and Rb's to play and elevate their own stats to make himself look good. And they did.
Then he went to North Texas and got embarrassed, showed his rear end, then got fired. He did turn back up at Pitt.
If you put Bob, Jimmy Johnson and Dodge in the same room Bob West would wet his pants!

Nice Post :) That said, I take it you have relatives that live in Southlake? I assume they were apart of some of the championship teams then if Dodge was around.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Post :) That said, I take it you have relatives that live in Southlake? I assume they were apart of some of the championship teams then if Dodge was around.
[/quote]
***********************************************************************************
Yes, the younger one - God's truth - practiced everyday from 7th grade through 12th and played 3 plays his entire Senior year (Newton's class) . What a sorry SOB - 6 years of practice 3 plays.

Real Christian man a Son of a Preacher, Todd Dodge

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
bark said:
Right on Indianfan with Jethro, Mack (Mr. February) and the Jamal Charles thing. Further evidence of his Pt. Arthur BS.
We had a Port Arthur PD talk to our group and said there is no reason for anyone with any brains to be south of Hwy 73 after dark.
Port Arthur is sooooo low *** 60% on welfare, 18% unemployment (not counting the ones who don't count, ie unemployment benefits have run out) ***
Why do you think the cops run radar and insurance/seat belt checks as you enter mid county at Jimmy Johnson & 69, 365 @ HEB and Twin City Hwy @ the Pompano.
If they did it in PA no one can pay the fine. They were bragging on how the Auto wrecks were down - well none of them can afford a car or their licence is suspended.
West has nothing to hold on to but the past ,WAY PAST like 25 years ago. Name 1 good thing happening in PA?

One good thing... the influx of Mid-County tax dollars from placing all new businesses practically in Mid-County. Good for PA at least.

PA is nothing but distant good memories to me now (as a kid, going to Fred Miller's every December and perusing the toy and bike aisles and dreaming, going to the old theatre on Gulfway Drive, going with my Dad to Gibsons to buy fishing or hunting gear, going to the 'big' Sears store and riding the escalator, going to a PNG-TJ game and seeing the 'Red Hussars' perform at halftime, etc). All gone now except the good memories. Now you risk being a gang casualty if you go there.

bark

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
bark said:

One good thing... the influx of Mid-County tax dollars from placing all new businesses practically in Mid-County. Good for PA at least.

PA is nothing but distant good memories to me now (as a kid, going to Fred Miller's every December and perusing the toy and bike aisles and dreaming, going to the old theatre on Gulfway Drive, going with my Dad to Gibsons to buy fishing or hunting gear, going to the 'big' Sears store and riding the escalator, going to a PNG-TJ game and seeing the 'Red Hussars' perform at halftime, etc). All gone now except the good memories. Now you risk being a gang casualty if you go there.
Those are my exact memories - I grew up on Graves birth till 11. First bike at Millers on Bluebonnett etc...distant memories

90NDN

500+ Posts
bark said:
Post :) That said, I take it you have relatives that live in Southlake? I assume they were apart of some of the championship teams then if Dodge was around.
***********************************************************************************
Yes, the younger one - God's truth - practiced everyday from 7th grade through 12th and played 3 plays his entire Senior year (Newton's class) . What a sorry SOB - 6 years of practice 3 plays.

Real Christian man a Son of a Preacher, Todd Dodge
[/quote]

That's too bad :( Even though they were somewhat down that year compared to years past, they still beat teams badly. I don't see why he would not have put the sub's in late in the game. I saw one game of theirs that year when they lost to that Florida team at SMU.

15PNG

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
bark said:

Spot on post IndianFan - I have those EXACT same memories. Except for the part about it being with your Dad. As a kid, I looked forward go going to PA as a kid. I clearly remember the escalators at the 'big' Sears store, Fred Miller's, all that :)

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Well, Indian Fan, we do agree about certain things. Those old memories are just memories now. At least, I doubt you are going to our ballgames now wearing a shirt that reads "I'm wearing purple now, but my heart still bleeds maroon and gold." I think that's pretty pitiful. We are fortunate here in PN to have some nice, solid, All-American citizens from PA to become Indians. We welcome them.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Being a PNG grad and former player, I'm as purple and white as you or anyone else here. But the ties to Port Arthur, and Thomas Jefferson High School run deep in mine and previous generations. Many of our parents attended or graduated from TJ as one of my parents did. And my parents livelihood depended on one of the PA refineries and other businesses there. So there is much to remember and appreciate about the old Port Arthur. Port Arthur was a great city before its decline.

Port Arthur High/Thomas Jefferson High has a storied tradition and history in Texas high school football history. And the city was vibrant and important to the area. What has happened to the high school since the 80s, and ultimately the city itself will never tarnish that.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Being a PNG grad and former player, I'm as purple and white as you or anyone else here. But the ties to Port Arthur, and Thomas Jefferson High School run deep in mine and previous generations. Many of our parents attended or graduated from TJ as one of my parents did. And my parents livelihood depended on one of the PA refineries and other businesses there. So there is much to remember and appreciate about the old Port Arthur. Port Arthur was a great city before its decline.

Port Arthur High/Thomas Jefferson High has a storied tradition and history in Texas high school football history. And the city was vibrant and important to the area. What has happened to the high school since the 80s, and ultimately the city itself will never tarnish that.

Yeah that. ^

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:

I too am a product of Port Arthur. Both of my parents graduated from TJ and our livelihood also depended on the refineries until later being transferred to the Houston area in the 80's. Both my brother and sister were fortunate enough to attend their complete K-12 educations in the Port Neches-Groves Independent school district and participate in many of the extra curricular activities. This upbringing has enabled each of them (as well as myself) to become productive members of society who have never forgotten "where we came from". We all still have many friends and family that remain in the community.

Although Port Arthur may have seen it's "better days", I am still grateful for the experience of growing up in a small refinery town and still, to this day, have no problem answering the words, "Port Arthur" when the question continues to arise... "Where were you born -- or Where did you grow up". ;)

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
bark said:
Bob West despises PNG since we took Ethridge away and went on our 4 year run to the top and a State Title.
I have some compassion for his sons situation BUT no good feeling toward West. He continues to salivate over Dodge and Duhon -31 years later.
Dodge was a heck of a High school player. While he was extremely successful as a High School coach, most of the non-stars that were apart of (my two nephews included) the team never got to play while the team was blowing others out by 40 - 50 points. He allowed the Qb's and Rb's to play and elevate their own stats to make himself look good. And they did.
Then he went to North Texas and got embarrassed, showed his rear end, then got fired. He did turn back up at Pitt.

Great post, Indian Fan! So spot on.....
If you put Bob, Jimmy Johnson and Dodge in the same room Bob West would wet his pants!

Don't forget Jamaal Charles.

I get sick or hearing about his hatred for the Texas Longhorns and Dallas Cowboys. Stick to reporting the sports news.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Well just for the record, I too loathe the cOwboYs - really, more anything related to Jurry Jonz, which by default includes the cOwboYs. I have fun rooting against them and love to watch Tina Romo fail miserably. :clap:

I LOVED them when they WANTED it, worked for it - aikman, smith and co., staubach, etc, etc. Now they are reflective of society IMO. Greed and "me first", not team.

So I am actively seeking a team to root for on Sundays. Right now, it's anyone playing Jerry's Team. ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
IndianFan said:

I too am a product of Port Arthur. Both of my parents graduated from TJ and our livelihood also depended on the refineries until later being transferred to the Houston area in the 80's. Both my brother and sister were fortunate enough to attend their complete K-12 educations in the Port Neches-Groves Independent school district and participate in many of the extra curricular activities. This upbringing has enabled each of them (as well as myself) to become productive members of society who have never forgotten "where we came from". We all still have many friends and family that remain in the community.

Although Port Arthur may have seen it's "better days", I am still grateful for the experience of growing up in a small refinery town and still, to this day, have no problem answering the words, "Port Arthur" when the question continues to arise... "Where were you born -- or Where did you grow up". ;)

Never lived there but I was also born in PA as many of us were. My mother grew up in Groves but they lived in PAISD. PNGISD from K-12 for me. :thumbsup:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
IndianFan said:

Never lived there but I was also born in PA as many of us were. My mother grew up in Groves but they lived in PAISD. PNGISD from K-12 for me. :thumbsup:
AND, you show your purple pride well as all Indians fans should! (IMHO only). Go to PNG games, wear purple and white darnit! I went to school elsewhere but I promise I've forgotten where! lol

thetestament

IMO Bob West sucks. I remember an article back in the 90's were one of our players was called out after a playoff loss by Bob. He basically put the entire game on one missed tackle by a kid who played one of the best games ever. Later in the article he wrote about a touchown that the same kid scored but did not say who scored it. The stats for that kid for the game were something like 21 tackles, 2 sacks, and an int for a touchdown. Bob West blasted him for one missed tackle and costing PNG's season. He is a @$%@#$%^@! Remember the "I beat Bob West" contest? We should rename it to the "Screw Bob West" contest!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores