PA News

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The News hasn't published an article about any PN-G players in weeks. Have they stopped publishing them online or stopped entirely? It's a disappointment as they were interesting reading.

There is weekly online coverage of Nederland players.

Purple Runs Deep

IndianFan said:
The News hasn't published an article about any PN-G players in weeks. Have they stopped publishing them online or stopped entirely? It's a disappointment as they were interesting reading.

idk? good question no PN-G love?

OldEagle

500+ Posts
On Oct 19, the PANews had an article about Alan Hanks. I am pretty sure that every Wednesday there is an article about a PNG player. They usually have an article on Tuesday about a Nederland player.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
So maybe they don't bother to add them to the web site. i guess they want PNG fans to buy a newspaper or subscribe to the e version. ???

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I would not be surprised to see Bob West retire at year's end or within the next 2 years...he's around retirement age, the newspaper business continues to decline, and I think he is ready to play more golf. I don't blame him...he's covered sports for the PA News for 40 years. I wonder how Tom Haliburton is doing? He battled cancer...hope he is doing well. When I have read the PA News online in the past 4 to 6 months, I have not seen many articles/stories from TH. Anyone know? Did he retire? Medical leave? Hope he is OK. The new writers seem to do a good job covering PN-G, PAM, and Ned. Like IndianFan, I have not seen many articles online in the past 2 or 3 weeks featuring PN-G players....

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There are articles on Nederland and Memorial players this week. No online PN-G player stories since 10/12. :thumbsdown:

oldindian69

Nicotre deserves the article........Solid every week at Left Tackle......keep up the good work.....see you in the PLAYOFFS.....

bark

1,000+ Posts
Bob West despises PNG since we took Ethridge away and went on our 4 year run to the top and a State Title.
I have some compassion for his sons situation BUT no good feeling toward West. He continues to salivate over Dodge and Duhon -31 years later.
Dodge was a heck of a High school player. While he was extremely successful as a High School coach, most of the non-stars that were apart of (my two nephews included) the team never got to play while the team was blowing others out by 40 - 50 points. He allowed the Qb's and Rb's to play and elevate their own stats to make himself look good. And they did.
Then he went to North Texas and got embarrassed, showed his rear end, then got fired. He did turn back up at Pitt.
If you put Bob, Jimmy Johnson and Dodge in the same room Bob West would wet his pants!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I rarely read the PA News anymore. I was a regular subscriber years ago and really enjoyed the sports pages, especially oudoor articles by Ed Holder. I sometimes liked Bob West's perspective. I always liked the weekly column by the late Lewis Gizzard and "The Bottom Ten" sports parody. All of that (except for West's column) is gone now. I find it hard to pick up the paper anymore. Glad to hear they are writing some good stuff on our PNG players.

bark

1,000+ Posts
shovelhead said:
I rarely read the PA News anymore. I was a regular subscriber years ago and really enjoyed the sports pages, especially outdoor articles by Ed Holder. I sometimes liked Bob West's perspective. I always liked the weekly column by the late Lewis Gizzard and "The Bottom Ten" sports parody. All of that (except for West's column) is gone now. I find it hard to pick up the paper anymore. Glad to hear they are writing some good stuff on our PNG players.
Was it the bottom ten were they parodies the names - such as the LA (Rams) lambs, etc...?

shovelhead

100+ Posts
bark said:
shovelhead said:
I rarely read the PA News anymore. I was a regular subscriber years ago and really enjoyed the sports pages, especially outdoor articles by Ed Holder. I sometimes liked Bob West's perspective. I always liked the weekly column by the late Lewis Gizzard and "The Bottom Ten" sports parody. All of that (except for West's column) is gone now. I find it hard to pick up the paper anymore. Glad to hear they are writing some good stuff on our PNG players.
Was it the bottom ten were they parodies the names - such as the LA (Rams) lambs, etc...?
That was it. They parodied both college and pro teams. The LA Lambs, Tampa-at-Bay, etc. The ragged on Purdue Univ, called them Purdont. Funny stuff every week. I have not seen it in years.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
Bob West despises PNG since we took Ethridge away and went on our 4 year run to the top and a State Title.
I have some compassion for his sons situation BUT no good feeling toward West. He continues to salivate over Dodge and Duhon -31 years later.
Dodge was a heck of a High school player. While he was extremely successful as a High School coach, most of the non-stars that were apart of (my two nephews included) the team never got to play while the team was blowing others out by 40 - 50 points. He allowed the Qb's and Rb's to play and elevate their own stats to make himself look good. And they did.
Then he went to North Texas and got embarrassed, showed his rear end, then got fired. He did turn back up at Pitt.
If you put Bob, Jimmy Johnson and Dodge in the same room Bob West would wet his pants!
He hated PNG 40 years ago. He's diehard TJ, but now its TJ without a home :ha:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:

David Henry, sportswriter for the Bmt Enterprise, is NOT a PNG fan and it shows. At least, the News has one good article most weeks about the Indians. The News receives a lot of trash talk from PA natives because mid-county is in the news so often. (albeit, most emphasis on Nerd-land). Guess our students aren't going to work at any of our local newspapers.

Purple Runs Deep

bark said:

Great post

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
bark said:

Don't forget Jamaal Charles.

I get sick or hearing about his hatred for the Texas Longhorns and Dallas Cowboys. Stick to reporting the sports news.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores