Phil Danaher

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Wildcat_Fan said:
You all will be very happy with Coach Danaher if he chooses to leave us. He knows how to win, and he knows how to handle a voracious fan base. And if he does choose to coach at PNG, then I will become an instant Indian fan. Good luck...to both of our schools.

Very classy statement from a very classy fan. Danaher is respected around the state for the job that he does on the field as well as off. If we are able to land him, Indian nation will accept him with open arms. We have thousands upon thousands of fans, and you, Wildcat, are definitely welcome into the Indian fan base. Thank you for commenting on the board.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Gumbeaux said:
I think he already knows in his mind what he wants to do....
I hope so and I hope its a "yes" because I truly believe we've found our "special coach". (see my last post) If he is offered the job and accepts it, I hope our school board members will be courteous enough to let all of us know as soon as possible.

Wildcat_Fan

squaw said:
Gumbeaux said:
I hope so and I hope its a "yes" because I truly believe we've found our "special coach". (see my last post) If he is offered the job and accepts it, I hope our school board members will be courteous enough to let all of us know as soon as possible.

If he accepts, I believe the timing of the release of that news will be up to Coach Danaher (it should be, anyway).

pngfan1

Wildcat_Fan said:
squaw said:
Gumbeaux said:

If he accepts, I believe the timing of the release of that news will be up to Coach Danaher (it should be, anyway).
I agree, whichever coach is selected should have the say in this.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Wildcat_Fan said:
squaw said:
Gumbeaux said:

I agree--let me restate it. If Danaher accepts the job, I hope he will let US know as soon as possible. All this suspense is aging me. lol

Wildcat_Fan

squaw said:
Wildcat_Fan said:
squaw said:
Gumbeaux said:

I agree--let me restate it. If Danaher accepts the job, I hope he will let US know as soon as possible. All this suspense is aging me. lol

I imagine he would like to let folks at Calallen know first...especially the players. But, you'll have your answer soon enough, I'd imagine.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDNTime said:
squaw said:
Smurf said:
Start making some calls.It could happen!
I'm calling and volunteering for the "Fan-tastic Coach Hunt Parade".

Man I wish I could join you squaw. I want to talk with Danaher myself and get him into our tribe. Too bad I'm in houston...Squaw, you are going to have to pick up the slack for me. Also, IndianFan is going to need you to pick up the slack since he lives over here as well...
FYI, I did try to find him today (several times, in fact) and they really had him under wraps! lol I'm aging while I'm waiting. Hope we hear soon.

pngfan1

Posted on setxsports.com any confirmation ?

CatFan4Ever
Freshman

Re: VIDEO......Danaher To Meet With PN-G Thur/His Heart Is In Callallen
« Reply #112 on: Today at 06:18:02 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danaher withdraws his name after interview with PNG officials!!!! Awesome! Come on home Coach D! Calallen LOVES you! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

CatFan4Ever

pngfan1 said:

CatFan4Ever
Freshman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danaher withdraws his name after interview with PNG officials!!!! Awesome! Come on home Coach D! Calallen LOVES you! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

The confirmation is that I just got off the phone with him.

Wildcat_Fan

CatFan4Ever said:
pngfan1 said:

CatFan4Ever
Freshman

That's confirmation enough for me!

pngfan1

Wildcat_Fan said:
CatFan4Ever said:
pngfan1 said:

CatFan4Ever
Freshman

That's confirmation enough for me!
Sounds like it is official.Everything works out for a reason. Best of luck to ya'll, Danaher built an awesome program there, it would have been hard for me to leave. That leaves it up between Garrett and Faircloth in my opinion. We will be fine. Maybe see ya'll in the semi's in the near future.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
If it is true, and i am not saying that it isn't, then good luck to the Wildcats next season. We will be just fine and it was an honor to have him visit the school.

pngfan1

modmouse78 said:
If it is true, and i am not saying that it isn't, then good luck to the Wildcats next season. We will be just fine and it was an honor to have him visit the school.
Ditto

Wildcat_Fan

modmouse78 said:

Thank you, sir. I have to admit that I admire the Indian fans...they have it together. Good luck to those Indians!

I think that Garrett has a lot of potential...could be a great match.

CatFan4Ever

Please understand I mean no disrespect to PNG and its long tradition. I am a Beaumont native (West Brook) and well remember PNG’s run in the mid-70’s. I wasn’t much of a high school football fan until being bitten by the Calallen bug and marrying into this madness and my recollection of PNG football was colored by the mid-70’s success – until I researched their record. My loyalty and concerns are with the future of Calallen football and the future of Phil Danaher. He is a very good friend of mine and I work my ass off to support him and the program and, well, take it personally when someone tries to mess with it. Phil has a much better opportunity to achieve the state record for most wins by a coach at Calallen than he would at PNG and I believe the opportunity to win a state championship is about equal at either school It is not a perfect world in Calallen ISD, but I doubt it’s a perfect world in PNG either and he has a strong support base here – there are detractors for sure, but he would have them in PNG as well. Good luck on the coaching search...I wish yall the best.

pngfan1

CatFan4Ever said:
And before anyone gets too bent out of shape with my other posts - I am a Beaumont native, grew up knowing all about PNG - lots of friends who went there and who now live in the area. Best of luck!
Thanks I believe most of us admire CCC and their program. We still have some good candidates available and hopefully we will get to see ya'll in the semi's soon.Best of luck to ya'll.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
If its true, I'll throw my support to the Permian OC -- I believe his name is Brandon Faircloth. I'm still not sold on Stump's ability to succeed without his all-star coaching staff.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores