Phil Danaher

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He declined. Makes me wonder why he made the trip.

http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9758362&nav=menu192_4

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Now that makes no sense does it? travel all the way hear, but not even listen to an offer. Sounds like he was just plugging for a raise at CC to me. It happens all the time.

badndn

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Now that makes no sense does it? travel all the way hear, but not even listen to an offer. Sounds like he was just plugging for a raise at CC to me. It happens all the time.
Happens all the time. Sucks, but it is part of the business. I just think it sucks that all that FOI crap was for Danaher and now this!
Remember Nueman and Lamarque. Got ol' Larry a big raise didn't it!

Faircloth! Can't argue with his success as a playcaller and he obviously is used to winning (Permian, Highland Park and Westlake). But the Westlake job just came open today! We might want to act fast.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:

I have no hard feelings for Danaher, but I do resent his comment ".....and my heart is not for sale." Someone needs to remind him that he came to us and we didn't want his heart---we wanted his play calling. I hope he gets whatever it is he wanted out of this trip and I hope we get a fine, energetic coach who is proud to be here.

badndn

500+ Posts
Why the He!! did he waste our time? Did we pay his expenses to come up here? At least Vance had the wearwithall to pull his name without wasting our time!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Why the He!! did he waste our time? Did we pay his expenses to come up here? At least Vance had the wearwithall to pull his name without wasting our time!
I have NO respect for him at all. Calallen can have him! I just hope he paid his own way here in his attempt to make us look bad so he can reap whatever rewards he wants from Calallen. What a jackass!

BWS

There's no benefits he's trying to "reap" by coming here. After his visit today he just decided that PNG wasn't for him. It was a tough decision. I spent the day with him and he had great things to say about the school and his host, Mr. Keith. He was sitting on the fence and the weight of too many issues to be discussed on a message board pulled him in the opposite direction.
I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up. It feels like a punch in the stomach. But please stop posting comments about "alterior motives". He's an honorable man and he had a tough decision to make.

pngfan1

BWS said:
There's no benefits he's trying to "reap" by coming here. After his visit today he just decided that PNG wasn't for him. It was a tough decision. I spent the day with him and he had great things to say about the school and his host, Mr. Keith. He was sitting on the fence and the weight of too many issues to be discussed on a message board pulled him in the opposite direction.
I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up. It feels like a punch in the stomach. But please stop posting comments about "alterior motives". He's an honorable man and he had a tough decision to make.
Good post, we made a good run ay him thanks to BWS. it's actually impressive that he would consider. Look at what he has done at Calallen, can't say I could have left it if I had built it either. No need to bash him.

tribesman

100+ Posts
Don't make all of us look bad by starting to trash everyone that turns us down !! He listened to what his heart was telling him and made a decision that he feels comfortable with. This type of talk makes everyone look bad. :mad:

pngfan1

tribesman said:
Don't make all of us look bad by starting to trash everyone that turns us down !! He listened to what his heart was telling him and made a decision that he feels comfortable with. This type of talk makes everyone look bad. :mad:
You're correct, good post.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It's too bad. I read that Danaher has two longtime assistants at Calallen that he attributes much of his success over the past 20+ years. Maybe some discussions about options with the coaching staff was part of the decision to stay at CCC.

ndn1994

squaw said:
IndianFan said:

I have no hard feelings for Danaher, but I do resent his comment ".....and my heart is not for sale." Someone needs to remind him that he came to us and we didn't want his heart---we wanted his play calling. I hope he gets whatever it is he wanted out of this trip and I hope we get a fine, energetic coach who is proud to be here.

Did you just say "we don't want his heart, we want his playcalling"?

I'm not sure how to respond. Sure, I'm in agreement. You want a guy with extensive football knowledge, great playcalling abilities, great leadership abilities for his staff, excellent discernment in pciking a staff.....BUT....you don't want his heart?

I'm not sure I understand...Is PN-G a college program or NFL program now? We don't care that your heart's not in it, we just want you to call the right plays to put PN-G in the win column?

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT by the students of PN-G....which, if I'mbeing honest, have all been lost in the thousands of posts about who the next coach will be........What's right for the kids?

Do they want a coach who is a football robot? Calls plays, talks football, then rushes home to CC on the weekends to go where his HEART is?

I'm just not sure what you meant by that quote...PLEASE, PLEASE explain

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
When you are trying to get the best talent, you have to realize that both sides are interviewing one another. I don't blame him for investigating the possibility. When someone has a good position to begin with the new offer has to be absolutely perfect for them. It could be something as simple as "my wife would never like it here"..although that really isn't "simple" ;) Or, many times, it is just a gut feel about things, and your gut is often times right.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndn1994 said:
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

Did you just say "we don't want his heart, we want his playcalling"?

I'm not sure how to respond. Sure, I'm in agreement. You want a guy with extensive football knowledge, great playcalling abilities, great leadership abilities for his staff, excellent discernment in pciking a staff.....BUT....you don't want his heart?

I'm not sure I understand...Is PN-G a college program or NFL program now? We don't care that your heart's not in it, we just want you to call the right plays to put PN-G in the win column?

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT by the students of PN-G....which, if I'mbeing honest, have all been lost in the thousands of posts about who the next coach will be........What's right for the kids?

Do they want a coach who is a football robot? Calls plays, talks football, then rushes home to CC on the weekends to go where his HEART is?

I'm just not sure what you meant by that quote...PLEASE, PLEASE explain
I said we don't want to BUY his heart, just his call playing. You can't buy anyone's heart- its either there or its not.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndn1994 said:
Squaw...

I stand corrected...However, the post was a little misleading....
No problem! :) I probably sounded a little upset which I was at the time. I had my hopes all built up and then I had such a hard fall. However, I think you know how much I love this community and school district. No one loves them more. I just have to pick myself up, dust myself off, and hope it ends up being for the good. Who's in the wings now?

NONS81

PNG Proud said:

At the expense of our attorney with all the FOI stuff and AG stuff. Can you say chu rouge!!!

badndn

500+ Posts
Not trying to bash Phill Danaher, I have never met the man, but I was told by people in the know that he really wanted the job. So when he traveled 5 hours to spend the day in the interview process I assumed that it was legit, but when I read his comments after the fact it looked like he really never was interested and that is a waste of our time and money! The "my heart is not for sale" comment is what erks me.

When Vance withdrew I respected that decision, but probably because I never was led to believe what his real intentions were regarding PNG. I guess what I am saying is that Phill obviously had his mind made up before he got here so why the wasted time and effort? I am probably more frustrated with the folks that lured him into this process and gave some of us false hope! If he wants to stay at CCC I respect and understand that 100%.

Let's move on. Faircloth?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores