Playoff tickets go on sale Tuesday Morning !

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I went to the admin today to buy a few more student tickets and asked about playoff tickets. They told me they would be on sale Tuesday morning. She said the info will be up this weekend more than likely on the ISD web site and on the cable channel. Let the lines begin !

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Got this off of the PNGISD website.

PNG vs. Barber's Hill Playoff Game
The PNG vs. Barber's Hill playoff football game is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 12 @ 7:30 p.m. at Butch Thomas Stadium in Beaumont. Tickets will be sold to SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY on Tues., Nov. 9 beginning at 8 a.m. at the PNGISD administration building. All tickets are general admission...$6 - Adult, $4 - Student. Season ticket holders will be allowed to purchase tickets equal to the number of season tickets they currently hold. Season ticket holders will be required to show I.D. (Driver's License) when purchasing tickets on Nov. 9 If you are allowing someone to purchase your tickets for you, please send a note giving them permission. Information regarding ticket availability & sales will be updated at this site and on Time Warner Cable Channel 7 after Nov. 9 sales are complete.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Another reason why picking a small stadium is crap. There will be alot of people not able to go to the game due selling to season ticket holders, students and then others. Why not have the game played at a bigger venue? Just curious. If stadium holds 10,500 that meand only 5,250 on each side. We had I think about 4,200 season ticket holders this year. If all are sold that leaves about 1,000 tickets, but you add band and indianettes and now about 700 left. Student tickets you figure about 300, and now left with 400. Good luck trying to be one of 400 to get tickets. I know I sound like a baby on this, but just don't understand.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNGfan said:
Another reason why picking a small stadium is crap. There will be alot of people not able to go to the game due selling to season ticket holders, students and then others. Why not have the game played at a bigger venue? Just curious. If stadium holds 10,500 that meand only 5,250 on each side. We had I think about 4,200 season ticket holders this year. If all are sold that leaves about 1,000 tickets, but you add band and indianettes and now about 700 left. Student tickets you figure about 300, and now left with 400. Good luck trying to be one of 400 to get tickets. I know I sound like a baby on this, but just don't understand.

You will be able to get a ticket. There will be plenty of room at BISD stadium. (1) it's deer season; (2) Nederland plays on the same night as PN-G so the Ned fans that support both schools will not be coming to the PN-G game and vice-versa, the PN-G fans that support both schools will not be going to Ned's game, (3) PN-G came nowhere close to selling out it's side when the Indians played Ozen at BISD stadium; (4) the out-of-town alums usually start going to games during the 3rd round, during the semis, and of course during the finals, and (5) our fan base is full of petro-chemical workers that must work shift work and many of which will not be able to attend the game due work. PN-G will probably bring about 5,000 to 5,500 ... maybe 250 will have to sit on BH's side, sit on the hills if that is allowed, or SRO on the Indians' side. I don't think this game will be a sell-out. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow ... it would not be the first time. I'm optimistic ... you will get a ticket and have a great time at the game watching the Indians win.

Go Indians. Peace.

phetonb

PNGfan said:

Well, if you don't have season tickets, just walk up on the BH side Friday night. The sad part is BH will reap the benefit, but OUR fans can still see the game.

I wish WO-S had the Butch, and we had Humphrey. But we got what we got.

Go Indians!!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
My husband will be amongst the deer hunters so there's one ticket right there! I agree, I don't think this game will be a sale out.

NDN53547781

pngfan66 said:
I went to the admin today to buy a few more student tickets and asked about playoff tickets. They told me they would be on sale Tuesday morning. She said the info will be up this weekend more than likely on the ISD web site and on the cable channel. Let the lines begin !

NDN53547781

pngfan66 said:

We hope to get out tickets tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. AS I understand the season ticket holders will be able to get the same number of tickets as you hold. I hope all this information is correct

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Got there at 8 and just got home! Took about an hour and a half! There's a steady line down the street. I know there's a better way to do this but it's all part of the tradition of INDIAN football so not many complaints!

Torino

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
PNGfan said:

You will be able to get a ticket. There will be plenty of room at BISD stadium. (1) it's deer season; (2) Nederland plays on the same night as PN-G so the Ned fans that support both schools will not be coming to the PN-G game and vice-versa, the PN-G fans that support both schools will not be going to Ned's game, (3) PN-G came nowhere close to selling out it's side when the Indians played Ozen at BISD stadium; (4) the out-of-town alums usually start going to games during the 3rd round, during the semis, and of course during the finals, and (5) our fan base is full of petro-chemical workers that must work shift work and many of which will not be able to attend the game due work. PN-G will probably bring about 5,000 to 5,500 ... maybe 250 will have to sit on BH's side, sit on the hills if that is allowed, or SRO on the Indians' side. I don't think this game will be a sell-out. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow ... it would not be the first time. I'm optimistic ... you will get a ticket and have a great time at the game watching the Indians win.

Go Indians. Peace.
Now that 4 teams from each district are in the playoffs in most classifications there is great demand for large stadiums in the first round of the playoffs. Also, in metro areas some school districts are adding high schools but not adding stadia. They just play more games on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Anyway, my understanding is that WO-S clinched a playoff spot before PNG and Hooks, in classic one-upmanship, immediately reserved Lamar Stadium for his first-round game. Now, WOS and Livingston won't draw 5,000 people but he will play in the largest stadium and feels good about it--probably as much for keeping Nederland or PN-G out of it as for using it himself.

WO-S/Livingston should be playing at the Butch Thomas Monument at best and more likely at Nederland, leaving us to play at Lamar.

I've heard (and I have no inside info) that BH was willing to flip home and home, but that wouldn't have been good for our fans to play at BH if we lost the toss.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
Got in line @ 7:15 and got my tickets at 8:30 line moved pretty good! The asst. Supt and Supt. handed out donuts, and Coach Faircloth shook everyones hand and chatted with the ppl in line!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
PNGfan said:

Ok, let me see if I can repeat a little of what coach said at BC meeting last night regarding how we ended up with BISD stadium, please don't quote me on any of this because I have slept since then...lol! First he said since we had to wait until Fri night before we knew who we would play and it put us behind in securing a bigger stadium in advance. Last year we had a BIG advantage on stadium choice since we knew how we fell in the mix much earlier. WOS secured Lamar stadium sometime last week, so that was out, why they needed that stadium I'll never know but what's done is done. I think he said if we got Stallworth it would've been a Thursday game so not ideal for us or the kids. He said BH coach would NOT agree to play on Saturday, not sure why, maybe he's a deer hunter...lol! Flipping for home/home is a BAD idea and coach wasn't going to take that chance, look what happened to Nederland, Crosby stadium only holds 5000 TOTAL with most of that on the home side! So, stadium choices were looking pretty slim for us. So, sometime during Fri nights game, coach was approached by the almighty Butch Thomas about Da Butch and Faircloth said he was under the impression Dayton had it for Fri night, but Thomas said they were on the list but it wasn't a done deal and he offered it to us on the spot, ya think he saw $$$ signs, nah, not ole Carol...lmao! Now, BH coach didn't want to agree to that either cause he said it was too close to home for us....ummm....didn't we play in their backyard at Stallworth last year??? So, finally BH coach said they'd agree to BISD if Faircloth agreed to use Houston officials, so that's how it went down! I'm thinking coach is hoping we fill up our side and overflow onto theirs and surround them with wild PNG Indian fans....hehehe!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores