PN-G doling out green for new turf

png94

100+ Posts
When I went by Sunday, There hadn't been anything done yet. It was suppose to start last Thursday. :huh:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I've been driving by often. I live a few blocks from the stadium. I'm not sure what's going on. Supposedly everything has been approved for them to get started. They're going to have to hurry if it's going to be finished by the first home game.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Id like to no if the Indian head has been added to the new turf?????????

pngmom4

500+ Posts
yes it has. the Booste Club has agreed to pay for it. The BC chose the large Indian head that will be by itself on the 50. PNG will be on the 20's. There is a pic of the design of the Port Neches Groves Athletic Booster Club page on facebook. The cost to the Booster Club is somewshere near 15,000.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I drove by the field again last night, and they haven't even started moving equipment to the premises yet. I'm beginning to doubt this gets done before football season starts.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I went by there yesterday as well. I agree, having some doubts myself. Thought they were starting on the first.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Drove by today and saw this:

IMG_1064.jpg

I'm guessing these are the tractors they will use?!?!

If this is indeed the start, I'll try to post photo updates of the progress often.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
Drove by yesterday afternoon and they had removed a small section of turf near the end zones.

I took a picture to post, but it really wasn't much to see. I couldn't find a way to get in the stadium, so I just took from standing in my Jeep. I'll try to find a way to get better pictures as the work progresses.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
was by there around 4ish today. over 2/3rds up and stacked outside the fence. Don't know what they are doing with the old turf. They have it spray painted with its size.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Just got back from the stadium. I took a picture from my Jeep, but I still can't find a way to get into the stadium.

IMG_1080.jpg

pngfan66

500+ Posts
ok. all the old turf is gone. Site sup told me that the new turf would probably be showing up within 3 days. It will take a couple of weeks to install apparently. Same style turf as at BMT stadium and Lamar.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Hey 93, you can go around the backside, behind the field house, and get in that way. At least today it was open.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores