PN-G doling out green for new turf

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I drove by yesterday and they still haven't started the Indian Logo or the Indian in the endzones. Hope they can complete before the end of week as practice starts Monday.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Today I saw they had INDIANS in the endzones... PNG at the 20 yard line...and they have started applying the material (rubber) to the field. Except for the center area where the Indian will go. Hope they get that part in very soon. I will try to post a pic tonight.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Pic of end zone.
photo2-Copy.jpg

Pic at 20 yard line. PNG
photo-Copy.jpg

phetonb

I stopped by to check out my new seats I traded for yesterday. The field looks great! I was wanting to catch a peek at the new mid-field logo, but it was not done yet. I do like my new seats, row 13 is way better than 35. That was a hike, and I'm not as young as I used to be.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I can't wait to see the field tomorrow!! My little guy has football pics at 4! Kinda wish the Indian Head would've been done but I'm just excited to see some purple and white on a field of green!!! :woot:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Well, I was so excited to see the field today when my son took his football pictures but I only got to see it from the parking lot! :mad: Construction foreman said no one allowed on the field even though the president of PNGYFA was given permission by Administration and Matt Burnett! Foreman called Coach Faircloth and he said no as well!! I realize they don't want the turf messed up but all the kids do is stand in the end zone for about 10mins! Sounds like a BIG communication breakdown between administration and Coach Faircloth! What's sad is, now everyone has the impression that Coach isn't supportive of the youth football program! I do not feel that way...I just think no one talked to him before giving permission! Oh well, our little Indians will get their pictures on that beautiful field soon...just hated to see them disappointed!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I heard that Matt has no say so on the stadium anymore. He has taken his personal items from the ticket office.

PNGDAD15

I was there Friday afternoon and they still had a full work crew on the field. I dont know if the field is 100% complete yet ready for people to walk on.

hookem14

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
Well, I was so excited to see the field today when my son took his football pictures but I only got to see it from the parking lot! :mad: Construction foreman said no one allowed on the field even though the president of PNGYFA was given permission by Administration and Matt Burnett! Foreman called Coach Faircloth and he said no as well!! I realize they don't want the turf messed up but all the kids do is stand in the end zone for about 10mins! Sounds like a BIG communication breakdown between administration and Coach Faircloth! What's sad is, now everyone has the impression that Coach isn't supportive of the youth football program! I do not feel that way...I just think no one talked to him before giving permission! Oh well, our little Indians will get their pictures on that beautiful field soon...just hated to see them disappointed!
You say everyone has that impression about coach. Who is everyone? I don't know anyone that feels that way.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ummmm I don't feel that way. I'm sure there is a reason why no one is allowed. Maybe the turf contractor is concerned about liability with equipment out there or something of that nature. I wouldn't take it personally. They, the turf company, is under serious pressure to get the field ready for Monday Morning.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ok, when I read my post I knew I should've edited it! Let me clarify, everyone I talked to seemed to be upset with Coach Faircloth! However, I told them it just seemed like a communication breakdown between him and administration! I know he supports the kids 100% and is also looking out for their safety! No big deal, they will be rescheduled and it's for the best for everyone involved!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Another aspect could be the liability of one of these kids getting hurt on a construction site. Then "everyone" could question why a bunch of kids were allowed on the field when it wasn't completed.

IMO it was a good call. Bad timing, I'll admit tho.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I agree! It just irks me when people want to automatically assume things without knowing all the facts! Yes, I'm sure Coach Coach Faircloths first priority is not wanting to delay the progress on the field so he can start practices on schedule but he also has to look at the big picture and think about the safety of the kids! My frustration wasn't with him at all...it was that it seemed permission was given without his knowledge and it created a lot of confusion that could've been avoided! It's ok...I told "everyone" that I am a Booster Club Member and if he said no, then he had a very good reason and it wasn't that he was "unsupportive" of the youth football program, quite the opposite actually!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Insurance does not cover a person on the field during construction and leaves the school district liable for any injury that happens during construction.

Cajun78

I DO NOT LIKE THE SOCCER MARKINGS ON OUR NEW FOOTBALL FIELD. They stand out way too much. It takes away from the look of a football field. Just my opinion. No offence to the soccer crowd.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Cajun78 said:
I DO NOT LIKE THE SOCCER MARKINGS ON OUR NEW FOOTBALL FIELD. They stand out way too much. It takes away from the look of a football field. Just my opinion. No offence to the soccer crowd.

It's not a big deal, I know. But I'd have to agree on this one. I'll get used to it :)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores