PN-G goes undefeated in Crosby's 7 on 7 tournament!!!!!!

badndn

500+ Posts
Re: 7 on 7 ????

Porter, W 54-25
Lumberton, W 48-19
Huffman, W 34-13
Crosby, W 34-33
Kincaid, W 33-27
Championship
Pearland Dawson W 48-33
Thanks to Ashley Elam of KBMT 12 for the scores.

badndn

500+ Posts
Kincaid is no slouch in 7 on 7 either. They have a hot shot QB that committed to Rice last week after the coaches from Rice sent a letter to his CAT. Funny and very ingenious. It worked.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Yes, our 9,10th graders are a good bunch. You can tell their dads worked with them. I believe many of the dad's played FB at PNG and the next level too. You can tell they know the game, etc...

Hope BF stays to see them through. Time WILL tell. Should expect our 1st State Champions since 1975 (40 years) with all expectations this group is getting.

Looking forward to enjoying them succeed

bark

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
Yes, our 9,10th graders are a good bunch. You can tell their dads worked with them. I believe many of the dad's played FB at PNG and the next level too. You can tell they know the game, etc...

Hope BF stays to see them through. Time WILL tell. Should expect our 1st State Champions since 1975 (40 years) with all expectations this group is getting.

Already got an email I did not mean to slight Burnetts team. Of 1999 that came so close, they had a heck of a passing game and the defense was hitting machines Goelke I believe was on that team safety I think.

Torino

500+ Posts
bark said:
bark said:

1999 was a great team. Very balanced on offense. 2 RB ran for almost 3,000 yard and Long ran for 600. Long threw for over 3,000.
But, poor play calling in finals. Stephenville had no answer for our running game, but we abandoned it in third quarter..

Already got an email I did not mean to slight Burnetts team. Of 1999 that came so close, they had a heck of a passing game and the defense was hitting machines Goelke I believe was on that team safety I think.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
What I remember about the 1999 game with Stephenville was Kendall Briles. When Stephenville needed a play, he made it. The play where he scrambled sideline to sideline and zig-zagged for a 20 yard TD was impressive. He was in the shotgun 99% of the time and he ran the QB roll out pass/run option to perfection. When PN-G dropped into coverage, he ran the ball on us. When PN-G came after the QB, he extended the play and found the open man. It was impressive. I also remember Joey Price hitting a 48 yard FG and Bo Wortham with a long TD run. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. Time flies.

Two people I spoke with about the PN-G 7 on 7 team at Crosby said QB Morse was throwing lasers all over the field. And, we've got some WRs with sticky hands, i.e., they catch the ball.

Go Indians. Peace.

Torino

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
What I remember about the 1999 game with Stephenville was Kendall Briles. When Stephenville needed a play, he made it. The play where he scrambled sideline to sideline and zig-zagged for a 20 yard TD was impressive. He was in the shotgun 99% of the time and he ran the QB roll out pass/run option to perfection. When PN-G dropped into coverage, he ran the ball on us. When PN-G came after the QB, he extended the play and found the open man. It was impressive. I also remember Joey Price hitting a 48 yard FG and Bo Wortham with a long TD run. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. Time flies.

Two people I spoke with about the PN-G 7 on 7 team at Crosby said QB Morse was throwing lasers all over the field. And, we've got some WRs with sticky hands, i.e., they catch the ball.

Go Indians. Peace.
I remember Briles going in motion and taking the snap from center. It was his/their day. Our boys fought to the end, though.

badndn

500+ Posts
I also remember a big 6'5 WR from SVille that was a tough cover. He made a huge third down catch late in the first half that extended the drive into a TD and started to put it away. Think we abandoned the run in the third because we were running outta time and playing catchup.

biaplayer

The offense sounds like they are getting their timing together. Should have plenty of arsenal to spread around to. I'm wondering if Cropper will get more time carrying the ball behind Halfin. My concern is the defense. I am worried that we will have to outscore the other team in 90% of the games. We should have beaten Nederland last year, I think this year we get the job done. I'm curious about what we got coming up. Not real familiar with the younger players coming up on Defense. Can anyone show my the light on DEFENSE and get me up to speed. Heard that they have Murdock going to Defense and Lejune going to Safety? I'm just chomping at the bit to start some smack talk! ;D

bark

1,000+ Posts
I heard Lejune corner. One thing about him - he is undersized, maybe not enough speed - but WILL NOT make a mistake
the hardest working kid there
a fantastic competitor
a great kid
dad was a coach - helps
granddad was a coach, all state baseball of Beaumont High '60 State champs- with Coach Cobb
Smart and always prepared

No I am not kin to him - one HELL of a kid and athlete

reminds me of David Mire '73, Carl Griffith '77 and Ronnie Delcome '78

you rarely see me brag BUT this kid is what HS sports is all about

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
No idea who plays where, but I spoke to two people who watched every minute of the Crosby 7 on 7 tournament and was told that QB Morse was throwing lasers, our WRs were not fast, but we have kids with sticky hands, i.e., they catch the football. The DBs may be the quickest group of kids PN-G has had in years. DBs are not big, but they have the quicks to stay with WRs. We may get beat over the top by taller or bigger WRs, but we won't get beat deep and we have some kids who can cover off the line of scrimmage. I'll take smart and quick DBs. If a bigger WR beats you over the top on a jump ball, you tip your hat and say good play, let's move on to the next play. As long as we are smart enough to not get beat deep and we have some DBs with enough quickness to be around the football, then we can live with that. PN-G kids are usually fiesty on defense. They get to the football. It's good to hear we have some talent at QB, RB, WRs and DBs. If things pan out in the trenches and we have some depth to withstand injuries, it may be one of those seasons were PN-G makes some noise in district with a district championship and a deep run in the playoffs. So, note to the school board, leave Coach Faircloth alone and let him do his thing.

Go Indians. Peace.

biaplayer

I graduated with his dad and mom. His dad coached us when we were young. The sky is the limit with his abilities. I'm thinking we can win district this year. What about special teams, do we have a kicker this year, if so I hope the coach lets him kick the ball in crucial moments, it cost us the Nederland game last year. We had the ball twice late in the game, where had we kicked the two fieldgoals we would have won the game.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores