PN-G Has A Special Spirit

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We all knew this. Here’s more proof.

"The community support has been amazing since day one," Joseph said. "There's a spirit about this community that is special and unlike any place I've been before."

- Port Neches-Groves Head Coach/Athletic Director Jeff Joseph

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Is there a way to see the game now?
Texanlive-11.85 for monthly sub. Don’t think you can pay a single game fee after the game has been played, but not sure about that. Of course, you can also watch replays of almost all of the PNG games from this season with the monthly sub, as well as multiple playoff games from other teams in multiple classifications.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Had people with us that are from Katy and they said they’ve never seen the stadium filled like that. Just crazy to me with as many state championships Katy has put up you would think the fan base would be huge, but I guess with 9 different high schools the fans aren’t there
I’ve been saying this for years. That many of these big metro area schools have nothing on schools like PNG in terms of tradition, support and spirit, or any other intangible. That opinion has been formed by watching big school games over several decades including Katy HS, The Woodlands, multiple Cy-Fair ISD schools and more. Lot of people don’t understand how that can be the case with a ultra successful program or large school. The reason is those big schools don’t have the allegiance of generations of graduates. Big population areas result in many new schools being built. For example Cy-Fair ISD started with a single small school back in the 40s. Now there are no less than 12 6A schools in the district. Another reason is a metro area has plenty of entertainment options that a small town doesn’t on Friday nights.

My second favorite team has always been the Katy Tigers. But like mentioned here, PNG has a different kind of support that runs generations deep that has not been split up and watered down with multiple schools.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I’ve been saying this for years. That many of these big metro area schools have nothing on schools like PNG in terms of tradition, support and spirit, or any other intangible. That opinion has been formed by watching big school games over several decades including Katy HS, The Woodlands, multiple Cy-Fair ISD schools and more. Lot of people don’t understand how that can be the case with a ultra successful program or large school. The reason is those big schools don’t have the allegiance of generations of graduates. Big population areas result in many new schools being built. For example Cy-Fair ISD started with a single small school back in the 40s. Now there are no less than 12 6A schools in the district. Another reason is a metro area has plenty of entertainment options that a small town doesn’t on Friday nights.

My second favorite team has always been the Katy Tigers. But like mentioned here, PNG has a different kind of support that runs generations deep that has not been split up and watered down with multiple schools.
I love the fact that during the game -what are the 5-12 year old boys doing ?
They’re PLAYING FOOTBALL I LOVE THAT
they were doing it at the game last night.
That doesn’t happen in Houston you can’t let your kids do that
PNG kids are overall tougher they’re ~relatively~ still able to safely roam the streets (in a good way) and more independent than the kids here (IMO)
And you’ll never see the kids wearing their youth league jerseys to the game there’s way less loyalty
People ask me when they learn I spend my Fridays traveling to PN for games they ask
“Do you have a kid playing” nope but you wouldn’t understand.
I brought my friend to the game Friday and he finally got it.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I would be surprised if the attendance record is not challenged next Friday. PN-G ~ 20,000 and SOC ~ 20,000 plus 10,000 to 15,000 HS football diehard attendees and the holdovers from the earlier games?

bandkid

Staff member
Here’s what has to happen:
  • The charter buses for fans coming from Port Neches and Groves have to make a comeback. That’s already in the works, thanks to some dedicated members of the PN-G community.
  • All of the PN-G alumni from the Dallas area have to show up and bring their families. I’m working that angle via social media, but I’ll take all the help I can get.
  • The ticket link and discount code has to posted in as many places as possible. I’m also working that angle via social media.
  • We have to turn out as many fans as possible from other Southeast Texas communities.
We do those four things really well, and I think we have a shot at the record.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Some 1999 year folks are planning to meet up and take a picture outside the stadium before the game. Can’t tell you how excited our class is that the kids now are getting to experience everything we did as kids. So much fun to be a part of and they will never forget this time in their lives. Hopefully they can do what we couldn’t and finish the job!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The wildcard here is playing in an environment like that. SOC played there last year and won a championship. But I think the Indians will be ok with it. Just focus on the game and play like you’ve prepared to play.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
The wildcard here is playing in an environment like that. SOC played there last year and won a championship. But I think the Indians will be ok with it. Just focus on the game and play like you’ve prepared to play.
Right we’ve played at NRG several years in a row and in front of thousands which SOC plays in front of hundreds

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores