PN-G Indians 24, Huntsville Hornets 21

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Hmm I believe you
But it seems counter intuitive
I’m waiting for the day they are required to wear the padded things they wear in practice or something similar

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I agree with this. I'm glad these tough games came early. It's a jump start. Last year these games were our 12th and 13th, respectively. This year they were 4th and 5th. Add in the revenge factor. Very good test of our metal.
And not be 0-2

99JBBG

"It was tough".
Not much to say really.
I watched the segment on us from last week. It was uncanny how much they discussed the kicker, his back story, and how they were hoping they wouldn't place the game on his foot.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

"Opening the game, Huntsville’s offense struggled to move the ball for much of the first half. The Hornets connected on a 93-yard throw and catch from Taylor to Savion Conteh that resulted in points, but that was all they could muster.

PNG held Huntsville to 129 yards on the ground, with the bulk coming from Taylor, but they made up for it in the passing game. Taylor finished by tossing the rock for 207 yards and two scores. While he is credited with a pick, it came from a tip that went right to a defender.

Conteh finished with 148 yards and two touchdowns for the Hornets.

While Huntsville was struggling to move the ball, Port Neches Groves was not. The Indians moved the ball up and down the field at will behind running backs Blair Chatagnier and Tyson Henry.

The duo had 42 attempts for 260 yards. Chatagnier finished with two touchdowns for PNG. With the run game making its way at will, Huntsville started to find some answers with Sam Cleveland and Isaiah Lewis up front, but then PNG would find an answer through the air.

Indian quarterback Conner Bailey threw for 103 yards with most of it going to London Nunley. Bailey helped convert six third downs as well."

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Notice that the Huntsville writer is not missing the keys necessary to type out the word Indians. Sports writers need to leave their politics out of their art as that writer did.

The Huntsville paper is more informative and positive about PNG than anything else I’ve read coming from other sources this year. Some local word dispensaries failed to even cover the game.

tony79

Notice that the Huntsville writer is not missing the keys necessary to type out the word Indians. Sports writers need to leave their politics out of their art as that writer did.

The Huntsville paper is more informative and positive about PNG than anything else I’ve read coming from other sources. Some local word dispensaries failed to even cover the game.
SETX in general is under represented.
Perhaps it's time for new outlets to step in and fill this hole.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
"It was tough".
Not much to say really.
Huntsville coaches and players that spoke are overconfident. Yes, they are good but no way they were going to win by double digits. Each team had their share of miscues and weird officiating. Not a stretch to suggest officiating was more beneficial to the Hornets.

There are fewer improvements that the Indians need to make than Huntsville to win a rematch. Offensively, PNG will have advantage over that defense. Defensively, the Indians improved from the prior week but still need to tighten up the secondary play and the edges. And be better prepared for punt fakes. Even so, H’ville scored 21, not 56 like Lake Creek did. Most of their yardage was made on maybe 4 plays.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts

The Huntsville paper is more informative and positive about PNG than anything else I’ve read coming from other sources. Some local word dispensaries failed to even cover the game.
Huntsville has so much positive dealings with INDIANS because of Sam Houston’s influence
Huntsville area was where SH lived WITH the Indian tribes (they called him “Big Drunk” (as he was 6’6 where the average adult man at that time was 5’2-5’4)
He also had a “kill on sight” feud with Mirabeau B Lamar (yes that Lamar) because of Lamar’s brutal dealings with the INDIANS documented to skin them alive
When asked “what shall we do about the Indian problem?” He said
“Kill ‘em all”
So it’s the other side from Sam Houston that has the problem with the word INDIAN
US ON THIS SIDE consider it a matter of pride (most Indians call themselves Indians)

tony79

Huntsville has so much positive dealings with INDIANS because of Sam Houston’s influence
Huntsville area was where SH lived WITH the Indian tribes (they called him “Big Drunk” (as he was 6’6 where the average adult man at that time was 5’2-5’4)
He also had a “kill on sight” feud with Mirabeau B Lamar (yes that Lamar) because of Lamar’s brutal dealings with the INDIANS documented to skin them alive
When asked “what shall we do about the Indian problem?” He said
“Kill ‘em all”
So it’s the other side from Sam Houston that has the problem with the word INDIAN
US ON THIS SIDE consider it a matter of pride (most Indians call themselves Indians)
FYI, Sam Houston is my uncle by blood.
I'm also a little Saponi Catawba Indian.
I am proud to be a part of the PNG Indian nation as well.

99JBBG

Huntsville coaches and players that spoke are overconfident. Yes, they are good but no way they were going to win by double digits. Each team had their share of miscues and weird officiating. Not a stretch to suggest officiating was more beneficial to the Hornets.

There are fewer improvements that the Indians need to make than Huntsville to win a rematch. Offensively, PNG will have advantage over that defense. Defensively, the Indians improved from the prior week but still need to tighten up the secondary play and the edges. And be better prepared for punt fakes. Even so, H’ville scored 21, not 56 like Lake Creek did. Most of their yardage was made on maybe 4 plays.
I thought it was funny that the first guy, DC, D line? Coach was flabbergasted and aggravated by the calls. There were so many missed calls on our end. To place blame that heavy speaks to something else

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I get it. But an odd take
Biased opinions. He could have just as easily pointed out the times PN-G made mistakes that kept the score closer. One example is the bad punt near the end of the game allowing them to start on the Indians 35. Otherwise, short of some big gains, they would have never been within distance to attempt a FG. Which by the way would have tied the game. Not won it. The Indians also shot themselves in the foot on other drives.

tony79

Biased opinions. He could have just as easily pointed out the times PN-G made mistakes that kept the score closer. One example is the bad punt near the end of the game allowing them to start on the Indians 35. Otherwise, short of some big gains, they would have never been within distance to attempt a FG. Which by the way would have tied the game. Not won it. The Indians also shot themselves in the foot on other drives.
I was at the game when that punt was done. The blocker got a hand on it. The punter could have gotten the kick off right away but instead chose to run to the side giving time for the blocker to get closer.
But who knows if the short field position was what motivated the defense or a longer field would have resulted in a long plays.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores