PN-G Indians 24, Huntsville Hornets 21

4-0-Niner

Blatant example.

QB was sacked. Official is raising his arm and blowing the whistle to call the play over. The knee was down and he possesses the ball. The ball should be spotted at least at the 38 or 37 yard line.

View attachment 1412

View attachment 1410

Next play, the ball was spotted at the 49. The sack was ignored. Terrible call.
View attachment 1411

Also notice how the clock kept running. Not sure if that was in sync with the game clock.
Here's a close up showing knee and elbow down. This is the same drive that lead to the fake punt and eventual score. I was at the game, officials yet again leave ALOT to be desired. However I will say WE let this game be closer than it should have been. It's hard to complain when we continue to win. But sitting in the stands, it didn't feel like this game should have been this close. If we put ourselves in a position that what amount to half a down questionable calls decide the game, the in my opinion, we should have done more. I know that is probably an unpopular opinion, but i think we are at the point where we just have to accept that we cant expect even calls, much less favorable. We have to change our mindset to be that it doesnt matter who we play or who officiates, we will leave no doubt. Bad calls suck, but we cant continue to put ourselves in a position where it matters so much.

Attachments

• 3rd Quarter Sack.PNG
    3rd Quarter Sack.PNG
    542.7 KB · Views: 20

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I wasn’t speaking of constructive criticism. I was speaking about people that only seem to criticize exclusively. And as fas as bringing up players from last years team, they are gone. No longer here. This is a new team. We have to support the actual players fighting on the field this year. Bringing up any player not currently on this roster is beyond meaningless. It serves no purpose whatsoever!

There is nothing wrong bringing up past players who helped change the defensive culture here. They’re part of the reason we’re where we are now.
You must have a son on the team.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
After beating the officiating and other challenges to death, why don’t we recognize the improved run defense? That was great progress from the last week. Just need to tighten up on those QB runs. And other than a few busted coverages, the pass defense definitely had moments of obvious improvement. And give Huntsville and its 8 returning offensive starters credit. They are good. Same for Huntsville’s defense. They are good.

And the Indians offense didn’t score 40+, but they were not overmatched by H’ville’s strong defense. The offense won that battle.

But the Indians rose to the occasion and won the game. Was it a dominate win? No. But the evidence was there of a very good PNG team that finds a way to win.

As much as we like to view the world through purple lens, the green team was a tough opponent, and no doubt was impressed by the Indians resilience. There is much more to look forward to as this team improves each week!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The last three games have helped PN-G grow and get better. Thank you La Porte, Montgomery Lake Creek, and Huntsville. All very good teams in different ways. LaPorte and Huntsville were physical with very good athletes. PN-G stood strong. The Indians can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the trenches and in a physical throw down. You will not "out tough" the Indians. The MLC game had the best QB/RB duo the Indians will see all seaon. PN-G found a way to win an explosive back-and-forth game. You will not "out finesse" the Indians. This team is finding its identity and discovering it can win in different ways. The Indians are finding their strengths. The Indians are going to be a tough out come playoff time. It's all coming together.

Any word on the status of #35, #27, and #2? They all went down with tough bumps last night. Hope they are all OK.

As an aside, fun fact from last night, Huntsville had the flashy LED lights. The flashed them, off-and-on when Huntsville scored. Kind of a strobe light feel. I thought about what was said on this message boad about PN-G's new lights. I think it would be groovy to have flashing purple and white lights after the Indians scored points. I'm not tech savvy, so I don't know how, or if, it is possible, but Huntsville's strobe light effect did make me think of the conversation on this message board about purple and white lights.

GO INDIANS!

tony79

Did anyone hear the metal ping sound when the ball hit the goal post?
I was up high on the 50 and it was loud reverberating. Or was it my imagination?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
It’s natural a lot of fans are gonna be a bit “delusional” and have some unrealistic expectations coming off a State Championship season…I’m guilty as anyone. But PERSPECTIVE is KEY! Being #1 ranked defending STATE CHAMPS is a blessing and a CURSE!! EVERY team is gonna come in gunning to take us down!! Then you factor in having THREE top 10 teams in the SAME district…with 2 of them losing to us in the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs last year! So, the target on our back is HUGE and the competition is FIERCE this year but all things considered…the 2024 PNG INDIANS have rose to the challenge!!!

tony79

It's tough. On one hand we say we are not the same team as last year. New players, coaches, etc. and yet this year the new team has to "carry" the load of being state champions. Oh well, more character building required.

19PNGndn68

The PNG coaches had every reason to object to the ridiculous officiating last night. The Indians were on the receiving end of calls that were shaping the game. I’m going to take the high road and say the officials were just using poor judgement rather than trying to help Huntsville. The delay of game calls and the ball spot after the QB sack were the worst that come to mind. Thank you coach Joseph and others who fought for the team to try and turn that tide. After that penalty there was a difference in the determination level of the team. They understood that it would take a supreme effort to overcome that situation on top of playing a very good opponent. That run by Chatagnier was evidence of that fighting spirit. He refused to go down until he had a first down. Thank you coaches for fighting for your team.
Huntsville has home games against Dayton and Splendora and maybe a home bidistrict game if they can finish second. These teams/coaches need to informed on their web sites ahead of time of the unsportsman behaviors of the Game clock operator and PA announcer.
1. Working the game clock facing your team and turning off the game clock facing your opponent is shameful. After a PNG protest and delay of game penalty, the umpire instructed that both field game clocks be turned off. Did you notice how quickly our time clock was reset from a standing 35 seconds to 40 seconds and then turned off.
2. Huntsville PA using the Stadium PA to blare a rap song until a second before PNG snapping the ball. That is abusive. PNG should have asked the umpire to silence the PA rap song when the opposition breaks their huddle. These actions show the lack of confidence in their fans, band, and cheer squads to generate their own noise and compete with PNG nation. Please inform other opponents on their web sites that are going into that den and make them aware of the scheming being done.
The officiating has been very bad particularly the line judges and head umpires. PNG must do a thorough job in approving the next crew.

Rez

Huntsville has home games against Dayton and Splendora and maybe a home bidistrict game if they can finish second. These teams/coaches need to informed on their web sites ahead of time of the unsportsman behaviors of the Game clock operator and PA announcer.
1. Working the game clock facing your team and turning off the game clock facing your opponent is shameful. After a PNG protest and delay of game penalty, the umpire instructed that both field game clocks be turned off. Did you notice how quickly our time clock was reset from a standing 35 seconds to 40 seconds and then turned off.
2. Huntsville PA using the Stadium PA to blare a rap song until a second before PNG snapping the ball. That is abusive. PNG should have asked the umpire to silence the PA rap song when the opposition breaks their huddle. These actions show the lack of confidence in their fans, band, and cheer squads to generate their own noise and compete with PNG nation. Please inform other opponents on their web sites that are going into that den and make them aware of the scheming being done.
The officiating has been very bad particularly the line judges and head umpires. PNG must do a thorough job in approving the next crew.
Unless I’m mistaken, even playing the sound in between plays (other than during timeouts and actual game stoppage) isn’t allowed.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There are a couple of Texas university’s that play that exact same 3rd down rap song. Trying to be like them I guess. It’s high school. Let the bands do their thing instead of the piped in music.
Yeah. UT Austin may be the worst.
Huntsville has a modern, awesome stadium with all the bells and whistles. I wouldn’t hold it against them for utilizing it. But I agree with you and others, better to let the bands entertain and not assault the audiences ears with blaring noise from speakers. I hate the loud music and commercials at Indian Stadium too.

Torino

500+ Posts
After beating the officiating and other challenges to death, why don’t we recognize the improved run defense? That was great progress from the last week. Just need to tighten up on those QB runs. And other than a few busted coverages, the pass defense definitely had moments of obvious improvement. And give Huntsville and its 8 returning offensive starters credit. They are good. Same for Huntsville’s defense. They are good.

And the Indians offense didn’t score 40+, but they were not overmatched by H’ville’s strong defense. The offense won that battle.

But the Indians rose to the occasion and won the game. Was it a dominate win? No. But the evidence was there of a very good PNG team that finds a way to win.

As much as we like to view the world through purple lens, the green team was a tough opponent, and no doubt was impressed by the Indians resilience. There is much more to look forward to as this team improves each week!
An improved run defense is important, since Montgomery rushed for 439 yards on 41 carries against Lake Creek last night.

Eazy Money

I didn’t know Lake Creek was rolling out the Swiss Cheese defense package this year. Nederland gets them at home in 2 weeks and the Dogs have a shot. Could Lake Creek miss the playoffs? Just the thought of that is shocking to me.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores