PN-G Indians 24, Huntsville Hornets 21

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I was at the game when that punt was done. The blocker got a hand on it. The punter could have gotten the kick off right away but instead chose to run to the side giving time for the blocker to get closer.
But who knows if the short field position was what motivated the defense or a longer field would have resulted in a long plays.
I didn’t notice that. On video it looks like he just shanked it because he chose to try and kick while running to the side. Either way, Indians didn’t execute that punt. The back didn’t hold his block to keep that guy out of there, and the punter had a bad moment.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I didn’t notice that. On video it looks like he just shanked it because he chose to try and kick while running to the side. Either way, Indians didn’t execute that punt. The back didn’t hold his block to keep that guy out of there, and the punter had a bad moment.
I definitely didn’t see it
But NDN press thought the defender made contact with the punter (not a penalty once they take steps forward other than regular step step punt

19PNGndn68

I didn’t know Lake Creek was rolling out the Swiss Cheese defense package this year. Nederland gets them at home in 2 weeks and the Dogs have a shot. Could Lake Creek miss the playoffs? Just the thought of that is shocking to me.
It’s payback time for Nederland to avenge last year’s bi-district loss to MLC.

19PNGndn68

I don’t think LC misses the playoffs, but they’ll need to right the ship before going to Nederland. If LC loses to Nederland and then has to face Huntsville the following week they’re looking at a steep hill. Still, if LC ends up even being the 4th seed it would be shocking. Still a lot of ball to play. No one is locked into their spot.
A 4th place MLC? greetings from Texarkana in bi district. Ranked #1 in MaxPreps and DCTF computer polls. A pregame trip of 4hrs + game site experience of 4hrs + a post game trip 4hrs = 12 hrs trip experience. Maybe MLC will fly into DFW like Odessa Permian did for the 1975 title game. Feel sorry for the MLC band. Did you notice that the MLC cheerleaders and pep squad arrived at PNG in chartered limo buses while the band took school buses.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
A 4th place MLC? greetings from Texarkana in bi district. Ranked #1 in MaxPreps and DCTF computer polls. A pregame trip of 4hrs + game site experience of 4hrs + a post game trip 4hrs = 12 hrs trip experience. Maybe MLC will fly into DFW like Odessa Permian did for the 1975 title game. Feel sorry for the MLC band. Did you notice that the MLC cheerleaders and pep squad arrived at PNG in chartered limo buses while the band took school buses.
If school busses make it in 6 hrs I’ll eat my hat lol

Texas High is maybe the most inconsistent team I’ve ever seen
So we might see a blowout in EITHER direction
They’re so raw it isn’t even funny
I heard an anecdote where Earl Campbell post retirement was asked what the hardest hit he ever experienced in football
He said “the concrete wall at Grim Stadium IN TXK” (they’ve replaced it since (it was there during my HS years and beyond) still super close to the field.
I honestly think I’d rather meet THS than MLC (for our chances)
And of course I like it due to my connections to both teams (my loyalty lies with the Indians)
If Texas High had Morcos they would win state IMO
they have a QB on paper who should be all world
But he makes bad decisions but he’s backed by two fantastic RBs (the better of the two Ball more plays slot) THS is very similar to PA in demographic and style IMO
The key to beating them is morale
That’s 80% of the battle.
But I’ll definitely watch a potential MLC THS matchup (I watch PNG and THS every week (sometimes at the same time ha)

Rez

If school busses make it in 6 hrs I’ll eat my hat lol

Texas High is maybe the most inconsistent team I’ve ever seen
So we might see a blowout in EITHER direction
They’re so raw it isn’t even funny
I heard an anecdote where Earl Campbell post retirement was asked what the hardest hit he ever experienced in football
He said “the concrete wall at Grim Stadium IN TXK” (they’ve replaced it since (it was there during my HS years and beyond) still super close to the field.
I honestly think I’d rather meet THS than MLC (for our chances)
And of course I like it due to my connections to both teams (my loyalty lies with the Indians)
If Texas High had Morcos they would win state IMO
they have a QB on paper who should be all world
But he makes bad decisions but he’s backed by two fantastic RBs (the better of the two Ball more plays slot) THS is very similar to PA in demographic and style IMO
The key to beating them is morale
That’s 80% of the battle.
But I’ll definitely watch a potential MLC THS matchup (I watch PNG and THS every week (sometimes at the same time ha)
I’ve watched portions of most of the Texas High games this year. They’re definitely good, but I agree they’ve got flaws. For all that PNG worries about our defense, TH isn’t even curious about good defense. A few of their people I’ve seen on another forum seem to think they’ve got Region 2 on lock, but I don’t see it.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I’ve watched portions of most of the Texas High games this year. They’re definitely good, but I agree they’ve got flaws. For all that PNG worries about our defense, TH isn’t even curious about good defense. A few of their people I’ve seen on another forum seem to think they’ve got Region 2 on lock, but I don’t see it.
What do you mean they are not curious about defense?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that the Indian D was adjusted for the Huntsville game. They’re stronger with having #4 in the middle.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores