PN-G Indians 49, La Porte Bulldogs 35

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Definitely need a better pass rush against LC. We got very close to applying effective pressure many times against LP but were a step too slow.

The significance of playing against a very good option team early in the season should not be overlooked. Although poor tackling was clearly a problem against LP and needs strong emphasis during the next two weeks, I suspect (and hope) that the problem was exacerbated to some degree by the limited experience some of the defensive players had against this type of offense.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I hope for our benefit LC has stuck with the read option setback formation haha
No we’re fine
Yes big test there’s even less easy teams than maybe we once thought
Our H backs are our secret weapons and we haven’t even begun to show what we can do.

15PNG

500+ Posts
#15 must start running with a lower pad level! Going in straight up and stopping. Lower the shoulders and run through the defenders!
Oh my gosh - I’ve been screaming this over and over. Kids got power- use it. Quit dancing around once he gets the handoff #27 (I think) doesn’t and makes stuff happen once he’s past the hole. It drives me crazy - HIT THE HOLE FAST - it’s timing.

Before the sensitive come after me, yes, we won, yes #15 runs hard - but he ran straight up and down like a telephone pole. He could be so much better IMO.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With that line blocking, 300+ yards is possible for a back of his caliber when you can outrun the defense. We're talking about the tough running plays, when there is no hole, and maybe a first down, or even the game is on the line. When playing a tough run defense. Fundamental technique, when running, tackling , blocking or anything is always better. That's the reason for mentioning it. Not about the stats.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Stats from the online edition of the PA News (Reporter Daucy Crizer) https://www.panews.com/2024/09/14/png-runs-past-laporte-49-35/

PORT NECHES - GROVES INDIANS:

Blair Chatagnier had 22 carries for 210 yards and two TDs.

Tyson Henry had 14 carries for 154 yards and one TD.

PN-G rushed for 365 yards

Connor Bailey completed 8 of 14 passes for 62 yards with one TD through the air. He also scored twice on quarterback sneaks.

London Nunley caught four passes for 27 yards and Layden Williams had three catches for 26 yards and the one receiving TD from Bailey.

Seth Brisboe had INT/pick-six TD.

LAPORTE BULLDOGS:

Tyresse Barnes had 20 carries for 243 yards and two TDs.

Ricky Sandolph had 12 carries for 62 yards and two TDs.

Aiden Saenz completed 11 of 17 passes for 178 yards.

Peyton Smith had two catches for 69 yards.

Saenz completed a pass to Barnes who fumbled at the goaline, but the fumble was recovered by LaPorte's Ryker Reynolds in the endzone for a TD.

hookem14

100+ Posts
With that line blocking, 300+ yards is possible for a back of his caliber when you can outrun the defense. We're talking about the tough running plays, when there is no hole, and maybe a first down, or even the game is on the line. When playing a tough run defense. Fundamental technique, when running, tackling , blocking or anything is always better. That's the reason for mentioning it. Not about the stats.
Agreed…Not about stats. About scoring at least one more point than your opponent…Winning!

100+ Posts
Stats from the online edition of the PA News (Reporter Daucy Crizer) https://www.panews.com/2024/09/14/png-runs-past-laporte-49-35/

PORT NECHES - GROVES INDIANS:

Blair Chatagnier had 22 carries for 210 yards and two TDs.

Tyson Henry had 14 carries for 154 yards and one TD.

PN-G rushed for 365 yards

Connor Bailey completed 8 of 14 passes for 62 yards with one TD through the air. He also scored twice on quarterback sneaks.

London Nunley caught four passes for 27 yards and Layden Williams had three catches for 26 yards and the one receiving TD from Bailey.

Seth Brisboe had INT/pick-six TD.

LAPORTE BULLDOGS:

Tyresse Barnes had 20 carries for 243 yards and two TDs.

Ricky Sandolph had 12 carries for 62 yards and two TDs.

Aiden Saenz completed 11 of 17 passes for 178 yards.

Peyton Smith had two catches for 69 yards.

Saenz completed a pass to Barnes who fumbled at the goaline, but the fumble was recovered by LaPorte's Ryker Reynolds in the endzone for a TD.
I think that 4 or perhaps 5 of Bailey's 6 incomplete passes were to the same WR. I was impressed with Williams, though, with a couple of clutch catches. They were guarding Nunley close, not letting him get free down field, so Williams would come underneath Nunley's coverage for a reception. There was nothing wrong with the offense, overall.

Overall, this season's defense doesn't appear to have the speed of last season's D, but that's the way it is sometimes, year to year.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I think that 4 or perhaps 5 of Bailey's 6 incomplete passes were to the same WR. I was impressed with Williams, though, with a couple of clutch catches. They were guarding Nunley close, not letting him get free down field, so Williams would come underneath Nunley's coverage for a reception. There was nothing wrong with the offense, overall.

Overall, this season's defense doesn't appear to have the speed of last season's D, but that's the way it is sometimes, year to year.
Definitely need other guys to step up with the attention Nunley will be getting.

NHSBulldogFan

According to some research Lake Creeks D is smaller than last seasons especially on the line. This of course is Internet info but looking at the videos I could find they do look somewhat smaller on the d line. Hopefully our big o line can push them around some and wear them down as the game goes on.
TSBN covers Lake Creek football ill attach a link to their 1st game vs. Magnolia https://tsbnsports.com/magnolia-vs-lake-creek/

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores