PN-G rated #9--Gimme a break!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Looked at the rankings on setxsports.com and couldn't believe my eyes!! I have never, repeat, NEVER seen PNG rated #9 in our district. Come on, Coop, you can do better than that. Wanna place some money on it?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No personal offense to setxsports but they're just regular guys that have a sports web site. Rankings and such are just opinion and not gospel.
The same applies to DCTF magazine. It's all about generating traffic and sales.

Anyone remember where PN-G and Nederland were ranked in 1999 going into the game? Unranked slaughtered the ~#2 ranked team in the state that night.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Relax Squaw, those rankings just come from the mods who just take a WAG as to how things will turn out. I'm a mod and I never participate, simply because I don't know enough about other teams to make an educated guess. Most others don't either, but they take one anyways. I don't beleive that you can evenly compare a West Brook to say Newton. Even though Newton has more state titles (I think), they just couldn't compete with WB H2H. Therefore, the poll is not realistic, IMO. But, even at that, #9 in the entire area isn't too bad, cosidering where we were last season.
I, too, like being the underdog.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Looked at the rankings on setxsports.com and couldn't believe my eyes!! I have never, repeat, NEVER seen PNG rated #9 in our district. Come on, Coop, you can do better than that. Wanna place some money on it?
O0 Hey now i have PN-G making the Playoffs Squaw. :popcorn:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OK, OK, I didn't understand it right!! And, I admit, I always overestimate the Indians due to past experiences when we were chosen to lose, also, and came out kicking a_ _!! Also, I am the consummate optimist. I always expect to win. Maybe this is due to Indians in the past who ventured places no one expected them to and achieved at a higher level by guts alone. Coop, you know I luv ya!! Now you can say not only will the Indians go to the playoffs, but we will keep on winning until the week before Christmas. (lol! joking)

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Football season is almost here! Everyone is getting warmed up. Time to start typing and stretching out those fingers. LOL

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I am SO ready for football season!! Maybe I'm lookin' for someone who wants to fight with me--who knows? lol

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Ill buy tickets to that one were is the venue. :punchingbag:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oh, I don't want to fight with Coop. I'd rather fight with some loudmouth from Big L or LCM and, of course, Nederland. (Joking, of course).

Indian99

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
No personal offense to setxsports but they're just regular guys that have a sports web site. Rankings and such are just opinion and not gospel.
The same applies to DCTF magazine. It's all about generating traffic and sales.

Anyone remember where PN-G and Nederland were ranked in 1999 going into the game? Unranked slaughtered the ~#2 ranked team in the state that night.

Hey, I remember that night!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I was at that game. Still remember the stunned look and disbelief of Nederland players and fans as PNG had their way. Nederland gave up at the end.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I know I'm showing my age, but I remember the PNG/Nederland game where Kyle Aguillard pushed off in the last 40 seconds and PNG won the ballgame. I even remember when we were playing TJ at home and Larry Mayer was their star player and they were ahead 21-0 at the half and we came back and won the game 28-21. Boy, were they hacked off!!! I loved it. We had some loud, obnoxious TJ fans sitting behind us and ragging us the entire first half. Suffice it to say that they were gone before the start of the 4th quarter! Loved that one, too. Also, when we came from behind in the Astrodome against Houston Kashmere. That's why I never say quit if we're behind.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores