PN-G vs Baytown Lee

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
With Roschon back we should get back in the win column. So much to work on and I am Sure Coach will be working on all of that on our week off

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This applies to the 2018 PN-G Indians team as well...

"Watching the tape there were plays out there to be made. It was maybe one guy on any given play didn't do their job that was breaking everything down making it look worse than it was. We still had plenty of opportunities to move the rock. We will clean those things up and get better."

- Cole Beasley, Dallas Cowboys

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Watchout for Lee jr QB, soph RB and sr WR. All three studs go both ways. Not sure if they still have depth issues but this should be over by halftime IMO.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indians can take Lee. Rodgers has the arm, Bost may see more time and add a running threat. Rest of crew just needs to learn from last week, work hard all week to improve, and go forward with renewed determination.

twrpng

100+ Posts
We need to get back in the win column these loss's will mean a lot at the end of season with other teams undefeated in District. JS

RoschonsBigBro

IndianFan said:
Indians can take Lee. Rodgers has the arm, Bost may see more time and add a running threat. Rest of crew just needs to learn from last week, work hard all week to improve, and go forward with renewed determination.
Roschon will be back. No worries

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
RoschonsBigBro said:
IndianFan said:
Roschon will be back. No worries

Awesome news. The second half of the above statement still applies. Strive for excellence from all positions. Even the backups can do that including pushing the starting 22 in practice.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes, I remember last year the QB was a soph and was really the only high point of the team. Had a rushing TD toward the end of the game and I remember thinking wow he’s a Soph. Baytown used to be great at sports not so much now.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

You'll see about 10-20 more kids suited up for Lee this game compared to only suiting up 23-25 kids last season from what I was told tonight.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
That was close..LOL I think we slaughter the bye week tonight and head into district ready to go

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
WOS moving ball well vs Crosby D and after a single first down by cougar O WOS (punt) held Crosby to a 4 and out (turnover on downs) on second possession. 10-0 WOS. Crosby is beatable. WOS is having a lot of success with “Roschon left, Roschon right” play. And one deep ball TD.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Crosby is good. But I’d say they are similar to, but don’t look as good of a team as the last two years’ PA Memorial teams. The WOS game was much closer than the score showed and to the eye WOS had a better game overall with a few “handful of Jersey” plays turning out different (of course that’s the name of the game) WOS probably should have won their game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the Indians show up and don't self destruct on offense, and the dbs learn how to cover consistently, and keep their eye on the ball, they can beat Crosby.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Usedtocould said:
Crosby is good. But I’d say they are similar to, but don’t look as good of a team as the last two years’ PA Memorial teams. The WOS game was much closer than the score showed and to the eye WOS had a better game overall with a few “handful of Jersey” plays turning out different (of course that’s the name of the game) WOS probably should have won their game.
sry but no way wos was going to win that game the way they played 2nd half, Crosby made adjustments and locked them down. 28 unanswered pts with only giving up a garbage td at the end. They did the same thing on D versus Manvel as in getting takeaways. And when they went uptempo on O it gave wos problems as it normally does (not sure why more teams don't go uptempo on em) wos needs to settle on 1 qb instead of rotating them. Neither team played a real good first half IMO (mainly due to the conditions I would suspect)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
Usedtocould said:
sry but no way wos was going to win that game the way they played 2nd half, Crosby made adjustments and locked them down. 28 unanswered pts with only giving up a garbage td at the end. They did the same thing on D versus Manvel as in getting takeaways. And when they went uptempo on O it gave wos problems as it normally does (not sure why more teams don't go uptempo on em) wos needs to settle on 1 qb instead of rotating them. Neither team played a real good first half IMO (mainly due to the conditions I would suspect)
Without the 2 Ints thrown basically right to the Crosby secondary it’s a different game. I agree Crosby had an edge but I think WOS could have easily won with some breaks. (And better decisions from the QB

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I have a rule change I’d like to see football implement. I think it would be accepted universally once one level approved it. Wheee should I submit my rule idea to start with TXHSF since it’s the leader in HSF.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores