PN-G vs. Brenham

Indians07

Just looked at some pics of Aldine's staduim, there isn't a track. So while Brenham's coach may be limiting our fan base, we are gonna be real close to the field. I'm sure y'all know where I'm going with this: we're gonna be even louder. Also, with the seats on the grass in the endzone it is gonna be loud and PACKED. A bigger stadium would be nice, but I would like to see Brenham try to score with our fans jumping and screaming at them from the endzone they are trying to score in.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1865+Aldine+Bender+-+Houston,+Texas+77032&ll=29.931618,-95.358024&spn=0.025699,0.053902&om=1

A link to Sat. image of stadium.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an overhead view of the stadium. Not sure how many people could sit/stand in the area without seats.

thorne.jpg

thorne2.jpg

thorne3.jpg

bandkid

Staff member
It looks like a nice stadium, just not a very big one. Maybe we can renegotiate for a different location with more seats.

tj_Man

Would someone please tell me the procecss of how they pic a place to have a play off game??

Aldin is way too small we should of just went back to Livingston. :ha:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
OK what do we actually know about Brenham ? How is their Defense ? What threats do they have on the Offense ? Looking at their schedule they have been playing some fairly weak teams in their District. Their stats are so so. No one really stands out as a rusher and their QB has decent passing yards. They seem balanced on offense. The only rumor I've heard is that their D is very stout. Anyone have anything else or knowledge about Brenham ? ( I know they make good Ice Cream )

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Make no mistake BH did not play like a 5 and 5 team.Indians must play with fewer penalties.Indians need a good week of focus and throw all the past hype of what this Brenham team has done or not done out the window.Concentrate on what the Indians do best! This IS JMHO.Indian offense strike quick and often!

indianforever

100+ Posts
does anybody know how good brenham is and what type of offense they run. i have looked all over the web to find videos of them this year and cant find anything. if anybody knows anything let me know and how good our are chances of walking out friday night with a win????

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Any Brenham fans browsing the board? If so please register and join so we can discuss our respective teams.

badndn

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
OK what do we actually know about Brenham ? How is their Defense ? What threats do they have on the Offense ? Looking at their schedule they have been playing some fairly weak teams in their District. Their stats are so so. No one really stands out as a rusher and their QB has decent passing yards. They seem balanced on offense. The only rumor I've heard is that their D is very stout. Anyone have anything else or knowledge about Brenham ? ( I know they make good Ice Cream )
I know they gave up 307 yards on the ground to Waller and Waller only threw 9 passes (completed 0). Waller averaged over 8 yards per carry against them. Many of the better teams they played this year were able to run well against them.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I was looking at some of the stats. The seemed to be somewhat of a balanced offense. Their QB has thrown 20 TD's and only 5 picks. He is also their 2nd leading rusher as far as carries goes. They seem to only throw to 2 receivers. By looking at the stats, it doesn't appear that they spread the ball around like Doty does.

They are going to be a tough team, but if they can't stop the run, its going to be a long night for the Brenham D. A heavy dose of the "big uglies" up front, with Harmon right behind them should wear them down. I like our chances Friday night!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indians need to get some carries from #9 Cody Ross as well. He's a tough running back with good speed. Run Ross at the corners to open up the middle. And Harmon between tackles. Just like the old days with Eicher and Shipley.

After those two, who are the top backs on varsity? Did the JV backs get promoted to varsity for the playoffs?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Indians need to get some carries from #9 Cody Ross as well. He's a tough running back with good speed. Run Ross at the corners to open up the middle. And Harmon between tackles. Just like the old days with Eicher and Shipley.

The NDNs did a great job at getting Ross involved friday night. They used him to run a lot of misdirection and end-arounds and such.

png9mon

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/70087072.html#

Here is a link to Brenham vs. Manor highlites from their local TV station

bandkid

Staff member
indianforever said:
bandkid said:
Well, IndianFan, what about this week? You think you'll be able to make it?
ill be there thats for sure i am leaving at around 12 :) :) :)

I'm leaving as soon after school ends and the busses finish their rounds as possible. ;D

indianforever

100+ Posts
i hate to look ahead, but it sounds like to me that angleton is having some problems with their offense since Diggs is fighting a high ankle sprain ;) ;)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores