PN-G vs. Brenham

15PNG

500+ Posts
We are coming in for this one!!! Will leave for Port Neches Thursday night! See you there :rocks:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Brenham Saddles Manor With 49-14 Thumping
http://www.kbtx.com/fridayfootball/headlines/70087072.html

indianforever

100+ Posts
i really think our defense is going to make a statement this friday and shut down whatever offense they decide to bring with them :woohoo:

badndn

500+ Posts
I think Brehnams coach West's little stadium stunt (picking a 5000 seat stadium to flip for to force BF to agree to Aldine) is going to backfire big time. Think about it. He wanted to take our crowd out of the game, but he actually went from having 8,000+ screaming Purple idiots on one side of the field at Stallworth to having 8,000+ screaming Purple idiots on three sides at Thorne since the good folks at Aldine will be opening the hills for us. Anyone know how much louder a crowd is in a bowl than it is on one side alone!!! :duel:

8,000 Screaming Purple Idiots
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
badndn said:
I think Brehnams coach West's little stadium stunt (picking a 5000 seat stadium to flip for to force BF to agree to Aldine) is going to backfire big time. Think about it. He wanted to take our crowd out of the game, but he actually went from having 8,000+ screaming Purple idiots on one side of the field at Stallworth to having 8,000+ screaming Purple idiots on three sides at Thorne since the good folks at Aldine will be opening the hills for us. Anyone know how much louder a crowd is in a bowl than it is on one side alone!!! :duel:

8,000 Screaming Purple Idiots
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As long as they are all cheering, who cares where the sit or stand. As for how much louder a crowd is in a bowl, I figure the sound would go round and round. What a deal !

NDN01

Are they for sure opening the hills for seating? How do we know for sure? If so it will be like a swarm of Indians dancing around a bon fire as we cook us up a Cub gumbo. Maybe they will bring some blue bell for dessert. :rocks:

nissanindian

100+ Posts
Not to be the grim reaper here but did anyone eles feel that our intensity was down friday night I just felt we gave bh a chance to be in the ball game when there was no chance maybe nerves i dont know but it seemed we were very flat And
I dont like seating next to people who are not true indian fans cause they gripe about everything wait a tick thats what I am doing....
On the Brenhem Game We have to click on all cylinders for 48 min we can not give Brenhem a chance to be in this game. I think Brenhem going to be alot like Texas City and Central mixed and hopefully we wont play a zone defense on Brenhem

ndn78

100+ Posts
I tried emailing the Brenham coach and Superintendent for a response as to the stadium choice but had no luck. So I emailed the sports writer at the Brenham Banner which is their lacal paper below is his response. I feel he was sincere in his response!

I'm sure Coach West is busy this week and I know he's gotten emails of a similar vein this weekend, so I won't pass it on, though I have to admit I'm unclear about what your complaint is. From what I understand, West did not try to limit the number of Indians fans who can get into this week's game.

Here's what happened according to what I understand: West wanted to play the game Friday because Brenham has the state volleyball tournament Thursday and Saturday and he didn't want Brenham fans to have to choose between a state volleyball match and a playoff football game. Coach Faircloth agreed. At that point, both coaches put up the stadium they wanted to use – West wanted Thorne Stadium and PN-G wanted another stadium (Spring Branch?). West already had Thorne Stadium reserved and could guarantee the stadium, while PN-G's stadium would depend upon another game and couldn't be confirmed until Saturday night.

Neither coach felt comfortable waiting until Saturday night because if they couldn't get PN-G's stadium then, the two schools would have nowhere to play, they would lose Thorne Stadium, and they would be scrambling for someplace to play with most of the stadiums already filled due to other playoff games. At that point, both coaches agreed to play at Thorne and there was no coin flip.

There was no ulterior motive and no threat of a 5K stadium. Plus, between you and me, Brenham's fans have not traveled well at all this season. If PN-G brings 8K, there's a good chance there will still be plenty of space.

Richard Bray
Sports Editor
Brenham Banner-Press
(979) 836-7956, ext. 127

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
Obviously he doesn't realize Indian fan support. We could fill the entire stadium with purple. We will just fill up their side too!(If they let us)

kmcndnfan

I called the Aldine Thorne stadium and was told they will not open up the grassy hills for extra seating. Each side is limited to 4500 tickets, but the home team fans (PNG) can sit on the visitor side. The stadium is not planning to sell tickets at the gat at this time, but I suppose Brenham could choose to sell at gate if they do not sell out.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
OK there is no footage on Brenham anywhere on the net. I've looked on you tube, searched thru numerous search engines and nothing. Just a few short news clips. Stats are available. I couldn't even find a full list of players. If someone can prove me wrong on this search then please do ! stat wise we have almost 1000 yards more of total offense. Our D outshines their numbers on D. Their QB seems to be more of their bread and butter as best I can tell. I think their leading rusher has around 600 yards. Leading receiver around 700. They are very well hidden on their team info. Someone said they do have a very stout D. All I can say is that they must be a decent team to win out their district and come into round 2 of the playoffs. If anyone has anything to add put it on here.
Its time for me to focus on the NDN's now and not the ticket issue or the crowd involvement. This game is about the men playing on the field. I feel our boys would win even if there wasn't even 1 fan in the stands. That's my confidence level with the coaches and players. They have a goal and a mission and I know they will not let a smaller crowd stand in their way. NDN's will win by 21 points !

indianforever

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
OK there is no footage on Brenham anywhere on the net. I've looked on you tube, searched thru numerous search engines and nothing. Just a few short news clips. Stats are available. I couldn't even find a full list of players. If someone can prove me wrong on this search then please do ! stat wise we have almost 1000 yards more of total offense. Our D outshines their numbers on D. Their QB seems to be more of their bread and butter as best I can tell. I think their leading rusher has around 600 yards. Leading receiver around 700. They are very well hidden on their team info. Someone said they do have a very stout D. All I can say is that they must be a decent team to win out their district and come into round 2 of the playoffs. If anyone has anything to add put it on here.
Its time for me to focus on the NDN's now and not the ticket issue or the crowd involvement. This game is about the men playing on the field. I feel our boys would win even if there wasn't even 1 fan in the stands. That's my confidence level with the coaches and players. They have a goal and a mission and I know they will not let a smaller crowd stand in their way. NDN's will win by 21 points !
i have looked everywhere to and i cant find anything :huh:

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
FYI for those of you getting your kids out of school early friday. Make sure that you put "Parent Request" or "Personal Reasons" on the note and don't give details, that way its not an unexcused absence.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I'm thinking the team needs to come out and hit em with a one, two punch. Put up some very fast points. Let our D go to work and put em back on their heels. I wouldn't stop the scoring on em until the game ends. If there is a game that a statement needs to made its this one ! I have been waiting all season to see our offense come together totally and fire on all cylinders. I have a feeling this will be the game when our Offense just puts up some very very impressive offensive numbers. Like someone said, its time for our offense to start peaking !

Torino

500+ Posts
indianforever said:
pngfan66 said:
i have looked everywhere to and i cant find anything :huh:

Check the Houston Chronicle. Brenham appears to win by not turning the ball over. Brenham has lost 6 fumbles and 5 interceptions in 11 games. Also, Brenham appears to force a lot of fumbles.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores