PN-G vs. Brenham

akifan94

500+ Posts
I looked at the AISD web site and it lists capacity at 10,000 also. I would be surprised if they allow people to sit on the grass areas but I guess it is possible. Hopefully it does not rain if they do...

If true this is kind of disappointing.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
If we do in fact play at Aldine... I would be interested to hear the reasoning behind that decision.

I can not imagine why larger stadiums in the area (Conroe, Tully, Berry Center) would not jump at the chance on hosting a PN-G crowd that has typically brought a large following.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Does anyone have a contact at the fieldhouse or with a coach directly ? Maybe one of the players will have the info today.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ok so if it is at Aldine stadium, wonder if our overflow will be allowed to sit in on Brenhams side ? Doubt it, but you never know. Maybe someone needs to shoot a email to coach and let him know of our crowd size again ! lol !!!

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I don't know but I got a text that woke me up this morning from a reliable source telling me that it's looking like Aldine. I think you have to take the Beltway to get there, right? If so it's going to be a mess, I was thru there last Wednesday during the middle of the day and traffic was at a standstill. Friday afternoon will be terrible.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
90 to beltway 8. or you can take 90 to 1960 and cut thru in Humble or to 59 and take Aldine Bender. Several ways. Worse way is I10 to 59. Takes way to long and then the construction that happens all the time. But the quickest way is 90 to beltway 8 then exit off 8.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OK, everyone, this is what I know to be true! We are playing in Aldine at 8:00 Friday night. What I don't know yet is at which of the four Aldine stadiums. If anyone finds out, please post. Hopefully, it won't be at any 10,000 seat stadium. I know, also for sure, that BF will only play on a turfed stadium. It was a long time ago that we went to Aldine. I do find it hard to think our coach would play where all our fans could go.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
If we do in fact play at Aldine... I would be interested to hear the reasoning behind that decision.

I can not imagine why larger stadiums in the area (Conroe, Tully, Berry Center) would not jump at the chance on hosting a PN-G crowd that has typically brought a large following.

Tully holds 15,000. But few high school stadiums seat more than 10-11,000 including Pridgeon, Berry, Conroe, etc.

Watchful

Only one Aldine stadium - it is called Thorne Stadium - right off of the Beltway.

The Brenham paper reports the same thing (brenhambanner.com) - that it is Friday at 8 at Aldine Thorne.

I actually live in Bellville and a few weeks ago told a sports-crazy friend that he HAD to see a PNG game at some point in his lifetime and that this would be a good year to see a playoff game - and sure enough we set this weekend aside.

Maybe we will sit on the Brenham side so we can free up two more seats for the purple folks - I hate to take your seats!! You are the best fans in the world.

(I used to live in Silsbee and was always amazed at the PNG games...then later got to see the state final game in the Dome a few years ago!)

Anyway - I guess sitting on the Brenham side will provide an even better view of the Indian fans and their unbelievable loyalty!

akifan94

500+ Posts
squaw said:
OK, everyone, this is what I know to be true! We are playing in Aldine at 8:00 Friday night. What I don't know yet is at which of the four Aldine stadiums. If anyone finds out, please post. Hopefully, it won't be at any 10,000 seat stadium. I know, also for sure, that BF will only play on a turfed stadium. It was a long time ago that we went to Aldine. I do find it hard to think our coach would play where all our fans could go.

AISD only has one stadium for all four schools.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
After researching the Aldine ISD stadiums it has to be W. W. Thorne stadium on Beltway 8. They were even advertising themselves as a playoff venue. Pictures of the stadium look like its a nice stadium that provides fans with close-to-the-action seating. Seating capacity, however, is 10,000. I really think BF does not realize that 10,000 is not enough for all our fans. Oh, well, its a done deal. If I have to find someone to sit on their lap, so be it! :thud:

NDN76

MY DOG
Brenam is going to be a tough opponent. We will have to play both halves like we played the second half last night, absolutely shut down their offense while powering ours on unstoppable marches across goal lines.

As for the location that's been swirling around, Aldine.......................I live in Tomball and have lived in Houston for 30 years. Yes, this is extremely close to me, say 18 or 20 miles, but the 10,000 seat capacity and the location are not too desirable. The only thing that would possibly be a plus for playing at Aldine would be if was a day game on a Saturday (daytime) because of traffic and community issues.

That being said, if it IS Aldine, you may want to consider driving a bit more before the game to my area, Tomball/Cypress, to eat and get ready and drive back to the stadium. As for me. if I can get over this d@mn flu stuff, I'll either crank up the ol chopper and go if it is a Saturday game or drive in after work Friday evening in my armored car (LOL).

I really think Coach Faircloth and the other Coaches will have us fully prepared for Brenham and it will be up to the boys to show them what Honor, Pride and Tradition is all about, as they drive back to Brenham and hang up their uniforms until next year.

WHO ARE WE---PNG!!

Watchful

If you are looking for a place to eat on the way to the stadium, do not be too concerned about some of the posts about Aldine - you don't have to go out of your way to find a place.

If time is of the essence for you, there are some options right on the Beltway. There is quite a bit of new development on the Beltway between 90 and 59 - in the Fall Creek area - there is a Chili's right on the Beltway - 9350 N. Sam Houston Parkway East - I think it may be on the left so you may have to watch for it - and uturn to get to it - also fast food in the same area. (One map makes it look like there is Quiznos, Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A.)

This is not a scary neighborhood - it is the shopping area for Fall Creek - a fairly new upscale neighborhood. Just look at fallcreekhouston.com to give you an idea.

If you wait to get to the stadium itself - options will be fewer - although if you have plenty of time there's a Hilton and a Marriott very close to the stadium.

Watchful

Speaking of eating places - if you have all the time in the world - here is where I think I will be eating.

Triple A Restaurant, 2526 Airline Dr. The neighborhood will look scary to you if you are not from Houston but it is just an old-fashioned home-cooking place - in the shadow of the huge Houston Farmer's Market.

Don't try this if you are cutting the time close - but if you have the time - you will enjoy it!

Just stay in I-10 until you get to 610 and take 610 north - go past 90 - past 59 and just past 45. Take the first exit - North Main Street - then take the U-Turn back eastbound to the next light - Airline. Turn right on Airline and it is about half a mile or so on the left.

Awesome home cooking. It will not be crowded because lunch is their busy time.

Check the reviews...

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv1804.asp

After the game - you will need to head back west to get to North Main and then u-turn again to get back on 610 - you can either take I-45 North or - better choice - Hardy Toll Road north - to the beltway. Then right on the beltway.

If you are scared of the big city - don't bother. Likewise - if you don't have the time.

But if you want some good home cooking (hard to find in Houston) - give it a try. They have the old fashioned daily printed menu - where you can order an entree an three sides for a reasonable price - (a dessert counts as a side - yippee) - no-nonsense waitresses and fast service. NO AMBIENCE!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
It has been mentioned several times that BF wouldn't have us play somewhere that all of the fans couldn't attend. There are only so many things that Coach BF has control over. When negotiating a play-off date/site each coach/AD has choices for their school. You must agree on a site, time, and day to play. If a consensus opinion is not reached, then the 2 schools will usually flip for site, time and day of game. I am certain that Coach BF is doing everything that He can do to accommodate all of our great fans. Know This: no matter how big this stadium is the PN-G fans will fill it to overflowing and help our team to victory!!

pncoach

The real problem with using the beltway to travel to a game is the construction going on, it is really bad in the evenings. From I-10 to the airport you are looking a over any hour or longer on a Friday night. It might even be better to go 105 and then come south against the flow.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
squaw said:
[I was very disappointed in the fans last night. :sorry: We turned out in numbers, but again there were a few times that I saw the players raising their hands begging for some fan support. Most of the fans :zzz: didn't get into the game until the end of the third quarter.

If Aldine only holds 5000 on each side, I hope the ones on our side are the same ones that were at the Livingston game in the rain and cheering from the time the game started until it was over. Brenham always excels in whatever sport they are in and Friday night will be no exception. Last year was not a good year for PNG. This year is awesome.

WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS FANS ! HOW LONG HAS IS BEEN SINCE WE HAD A TEAM EVEN CLOSE TO THIS ONE? SO COME ON FANS, GET OFF THOSE HANDS! GET OFF THOSE SEATS AND ON YOUR FEET! WE WILL NEED THE 12TH. INDIAN WITH FULL FAN SUPPORT IN THE GAME FRIDAY NIGHT! THE TEAM AND COACHES DESERVE IT AND WE NEED TO GIVE IT TO THEM. AS FOR ME AND THE FOLKS THAT SIT NEAR ME, WE WILL BE STANDING STRONG, LOUD AND LONG. AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR, IF YOU THINK I AM HOLLERING BECAUSE I CAPITALIZED THIS PORTION, IN THIS CASE, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY 100 % CORRECT !!!!! :clap: :shout: :woohoo: :clap: :shout: :woohoo: :clap: :shout: :woohoo: :clap: :shout: :woohoo::clap: :shout: :woohoo: :clap: :shout: :woohoo:/quote]

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores