PN-G vs. Brenham

NDN94

Just heard from a teacher in the A.I.S.D that they will only open the endzone grass areas if the ground is not moist. They do not want the ground to get destroyed if it is wet. The weather is calling for rain on Friday. Please Pray this is not the case.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
So is Todd saying that if we contain those 3 players then Brenham won't be able to do anything? Our D has been impressive all year. Don't see why that would change this time around.

I hope your D is up for a dog fight in the trenches. Last week our O-line plum ran over the D-line of Barbers Hill. Oh, and I would like to see your DB's running around trying to keep up with 5 receivers that can all make the play.

And one final note, in case you haven't heard yet, Harmon is dang good.

Harmon is dang good.

Yes he is! Of course so is Reyenga and St Claire and schexneyder and jaloli and lunceford and ross and brooks and segura and deron and kerr and benoit and dunbar and dodie and nicotre and thompson and denslinger and... Dang there's just too many to count!!!

Whatever group of eleven kids from PN-G are on the field at any particular time presents problems for our opponents because they play as one unit, a team! That is why we have produced the results this year. Everybody has a job and everybody gets his job done. The kids standing on the sideline are included in this thought also. They have helped to prepare for our opponent and stand at the ready to step in if need be.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Proud Band Mom said:
Has anyone found out if the home side is the east or west side of Thorne stadium? Do the gates open at 6:00 p.m.?

Thanks for the info!

From the google map picture it appears the home side is on the West.

NDN94

Was told that standing-room-only tickets will be sold at the gate for people to sit on the grass in the endzone IF THE GROUND IS NOT WET.If the gound is wet NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO SIT ON GRASS IN THE ENDZONE AND NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE GATE.

NDN94

I dont think so. My understanding is that PNG was giving a certain amount of tickets. When those tickets are sold out you can only buy SRO tickets at the gate. I do not think that they will let you sit in the stands unless you have one of the genral admission tickets that you buy early from PNG. Again, have been told by a teacher from the district that earlier this year a game was held at Thorne and peolpe were not allowed to sit in the endzones because it had rain and the ground was wet. I undersatnd that they had the sod redone this year and are taking real good care if it. I doublt if they will let a couple thousand people sit there and tear up the ground because it is wet. Forcast for Friday is a wet one. Just pray the rain holds off till Sat.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oh, yeah, NDNTime, I remember LaMarque well. It was what county boys call a good, old-fashioned a** kicking. I loved it!

BIG ATT

I understand the complaints of the fans because of the lack of seating, but how do you think I feel? I am a former player and now live in Virginia. I would love to be able to see all of these playoff games, but it is not possible living 900 miles away. You all have to think of what's best for the team. PNG will have the advantage playing on the artificial turf. Brenham is used to playing on grass. Be glad that you all would simply be able to drive to the stadium and sit outside in the parking lot and listen to the game. College fans do it all the time, either because they couldn't get tickets or simply couldn't afford them. I just look forward to listening to the game on the internet every week. You all stay positive and just think of the team and not yourselves. When the Indians win, I'm sure that this will be the last time that this seating issue will come up this season. Scalp Em'!!!

png9mon

Per Aldine ISD gates open at 6pm. If it rains on Friday, then NO SRO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD! If SRO are sold those people purchasing them should not...
(NOTE....They did not say WILL NOT.) Be allowed to sit in the stands.

NDN06

100+ Posts
Indiansalltheway... I like your prediction better! but the National Weather Service seems to disagree :mad:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Aldine&state=TX&site=HGX&textField1=29.9136&textField2=-95.376&e=0

Anyone know where I can find a purple rain suit??

Tigerryder

I just have a feeling that rain will play into our hands. :guns:

If the scouting report is correct and they have one runner and one reciever and a pretty good QB then our D should handle them. Our offense is more varied and we have plenty speed and good solid running with Harmon and Ross.

By the 4th quarter Brenham :whiteflag: will be looking across the line at a team they only dreamed about in nightmares :helmet: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

Go Indians kick some ice cream butts! :punchingbag: :clap: :woot:

Belle

Rain or shine you guys are in for a fight.....the Cubs are sitting, watching and waiting!!! Good Luck, but you might want not want to wake up the DOG!!!
BTW when was the last time you guys were in the playoffs.................?

NDN06

100+ Posts
Belle said:
Rain or shine you guys are in for a fight.....the Cubs are sitting, watching and waiting!!! Good Luck, but you might want not want to wake up the DOG!!!

Thanks for the warning, but we've already woken up the (bull)DOG once this year and it turned out quite nice. ;) And to answer your question-- 2007

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Belle said:

Look for yourself!

http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/playoffhistory

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Belle said:

2007. And it was a great team.
http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/playoffhistory

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores