PN-G vs. Central Game Updates

bandkid

Staff member
And that's the ball-game. We're 4-0 at the Butch Bowl.

Now we play Dayton. Anyone know when and where?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
And...make that another W at the Beaumont ISD stadium a/k/a North Reservation a/k/a West Beaumont Tee-Pee a/k/a Satellite Reservation.

PN-G remains undefeated at The Butch.

Go Indians. Peace.

a/k/a The Butch ;D

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
bamakid said:

Possibly The Butch on Friday. Nothing final. This game will be a definite test of our undefeated record at The Butch.

bandkid

Staff member
pngfan93 said:
bamakid said:

Possibly The Butch on Friday. Nothing final. This game will be a definite test of our undefeated record at The Butch.

We haven't played Dayton under Faircloth yet, and the Broncos aren't what they were the last time we met. The Indians will find a way to the second round.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
It seemed like after scoring 4 TD,s the coaches took their foot off the gas pedal. Almost let Central back in the game. The boys looked good though. They will be fine to start the playoffs. *I do have one gripe about the game though. The Central band put on the most awful, obnoxious noise display that I have ever seen at a football game. Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy a good band performance and dont mind the gamesmanship of ramping up the sound when your team is on defense. There was nothing about their sound and performance that was good. Just blaring, loud noise all game long. Didnt bother the Indians on the field at all. Uncalled for and took away from a good football game experience. While I'm fussing, the commercials on the scoreboard were almost as bad as the band. Rant over and thanks for allowing me to vent.

Purple Runs Deep

shovelhead said:
It seemed like after scoring 4 TD,s the coaches took their foot off the gas pedal. Almost let Central back in the game. The boys looked good though. They will be fine to start the playoffs. *I do have one gripe about the game though. The Central band put on the most awful, obnoxious noise display that I have ever seen at a football game. Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy a good band performance and dont mind the gamesmanship of ramping up the sound when your team is on defense. There was nothing about their sound and performance that was good. Just blaring, loud noise all game long. Didnt bother the Indians on the field at all. Uncalled for and took away from a good football game experience. While I'm fussing, the commercials on the scoreboard were almost as bad as the band. Rant over and thanks for allowing me to vent.

I thought I heard commericals during the broadcast....kinda tacky

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
shovelhead said:

Not only that, but there used to be an unspoken etiquette among bands, in that if the "other" band is playing a song, you allow them the courtesy to finish before you start a song yourself. That courtesy apparently doesn't exist at Central, because they seemed to make it a point to start "BLARING" (in no way could you consider what they did music) EVERY TIME the PNG Band started a song. Those yahoos even BLARED while they were on offense. You can throw that long "Good Sportsmanship" and "They are our guests" propaganda statement out the window.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Did anyone see the sign hanging on Central side?? Said Kill Them!!!!, had a picture of a gun with bullets shooting out of it. Someone eventually took it down. We were shocked seeing it.

indianforever

100+ Posts
i think Faircloth did exactly what he had to do to win...you know there were scouts their from Dayton and BH and he did not want to give anything away for next week...Faircloth knows exactly what he is doing and i expect him to open the playbook wide open next week :woot:

bandkid

Staff member
PNG Proud said:
shovelhead said:

Not only that, but there used to be an unspoken etiquette among bands, in that if the "other" band is playing a song, you allow them the courtesy to finish before you start a song yourself. That courtesy apparently doesn't exist at Central, because they seemed to make it a point to start "BLARING" (in no way could you consider what they did music) EVERY TIME the PNG Band started a song. Those yahoos even BLARED while they were on offense. You can throw that long "Good Sportsmanship" and "They are our guests" propaganda statement out the window.

That rule still exists for most SETX bands. Central never followed it and the Houston bands (i.e. Willis, Manvel) never follow it when we meet them in the playoffs.

With that said, I heard Cherokee over the Central band several times on the broadcast last night. When the announcers aren't talking, you can actually pick it up pretty well.

thetestament

Purple Runs Deep said:
shovelhead said:

I thought I heard commericals during the broadcast....kinda tacky

I agree with the commercials completely.......come on Beaumont, its not all about the money. As far as the band goes, I think it was entertaining and you also need to remember it was that bands last time to get to play for the rest of some of their lives. It was not that big of a deal so quit crying.

hookem14

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
Did anyone see the sign hanging on Central side?? Said Kill Them!!!!, had a picture of a gun with bullets shooting out of it. Someone eventually took it down. We were shocked seeing it.
Is that really worse than us chanting “Scalp-em Indians, Scalp-em”. We chant that the WHOLE GAME. I’m assuming you know what that means. Some of our fans need to stop being so sensitive.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Fans are expected to yell the entire game. A stadium playing commercials and a band blaring noise are meant to distract. Come on Beaumont... show some class.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Justafan said:

I noticed that too. I told my daughter that it contradicts the "we're not enemies" statement at the beginning of the program.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
With Chase being a DB, I tend to watch those players more than the other players, We have 3 starting juniors that have been doing a great job and have been getting better every game, Pevato,Hebert,and Clark are going to be fun to watch next year, Just wanted to give them a shout out!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
With Chase being a DB, I tend to watch those players more than the other players, We have 3 starting juniors that have been doing a great job and have been getting better every game, Pevato,Hebert,and Clark are going to be fun to watch next year, Just wanted to give them a shout out!

"Defense wins championships" Not overlooking this year, as this team has come together at the right time as the strongest team in district and should have a deep playoff run. However, you already have me wondering what next year brings!!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores