PN-G vs. LC-M

ndnmojo14

I know there is still like a week and half until this game but who cares! This BYE week is killing me! Hardly anyone is talking on here so lets get it going about our first district game. What is everyone thinking?

Edited by pngfan93 to sticky topic.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I think we will have a better idea of what LC-M has after their game this week vs Cleveland. Has anyone seen LC-M play, and if so, what type of off. and def. do they run?
Lets get started talking about it!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Heard Crouch runs the same as WOS.

Friend told me the offense is a quick score offense and there defense is in need of alot of work. Just don't want to take them to lightly because we did that 3 yrs ago and they whipped our ARSES!!!!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
They did beat us bad, real bad. Faircloth won't let that happen again. Of course, we cannot take LC-M lightly, but I think they have several more years before they can be considered "real" competition for district 20-4A. Their program is taking strides in the right direction, but they just aren't there yet.

With that being said, if their defense is weak, it didn't look like it in the paper when they put a goose egg on BC. I think they might be able to put together one or two impressive drives against us, but for the most part, they will be overmatched.

PN-G wins this one: 41-14

91ndn

kfdm had the high school rankings. lumberton and vidor were the only ones in our district that had votes..i know lumberton has come a long way but vidor hasnt played anyone yet

NDN79

500+ Posts
I wouldn't worry about those rankings. Let's just keep taking care of business and let everyone over-look us and keep us in the Underdog spot. That way it's much sweeter when the so-called experts are proved wrong. When the time is right--we will be ranked when it matters most!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
The Indians have already faced tougher opponents this year than LCM. If the fans can bring a little electricity back from last week, we'll go home happy again. I'm certain that Faircloth will have the boys ready.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Even though I'm really gonna miss having a game this week...I think we couldn't have asked for a better bye week...right before district play begins...just perfect timing! I have a feeling we're gonna start seeing those tricks coming out of Coach's bag, with many more each week! I'm not underestimating LCM by any means..but if we continue to play like we have it should be a pretty high scoring game on our part. I know that it's considered bad sportsmanship to run up the score if it's a blow out...but with the tough games we have ahead I hope they don't hold back! Just BRING IT!! I got my popcorn ready... :popcorn:...how about ya'll? ;D

badndn

500+ Posts
shovelhead said:
The Indians have already faced tougher opponents this year than LCM. If the fans can bring a little electricity back from last week, we'll go home happy again. I'm certain that Faircloth will have the boys ready.
Don't forget LCM beat TC in a scrimmage this year as well. From what I hear from a scout of another team that has seen them several times, they are way better than the past, but they are young with a lot of Sophomores and Juniors in the lineup. The QB, Gonzales, is no slouch with the ball in his hands and remember that the only damage done by each team we have played so far was from the QB running the ball. Because of the youth of LCM I still see us winning, but not by a large margin.

PNG 28-20.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I go along with shovelhead, we have had tough games already and it will help us prepare for LCM. I can hardly wait to see what it will be like when the Indians put together 2 good halves of football. It has really been exciting so far--can hardly wait till next Friday! :woohoo:

ndnmojo14

Man district is starting and no one is posting!! Especially on this thread!! Come on people where is the excitement!! PNG's defense will be able to hold LCM and I have this funny feeling our offense will start to click for four quarters. PNG takes this one to go 4-0.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
I think faircloth will have the boys ready as long as they stay confidant but not over confidant we will be fine i pick png 42 10

badndn

500+ Posts
Strength is Hunter Gonzales at QB. He is a playmaker very similar to the Viverette kid from BH. Won't wow you, but moves the ball forward.

tribesman

100+ Posts
We had a nice scheduling situation this week with varsity coaches that are usually tied up on Friday nights being able to watch LC-M and Nederland play in person. We will be ready.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I agree, this coaching staff seems to be prepared and is not surprised by what other teams do.I'm sure we will see our largest crowd yet, this friday--I can hardly wait! :cheesy:

nissanindian

100+ Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFG4J9vSqOg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFG4J9vSqOg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

To bad we cant put this on the jumbotron

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is the slowest I've ever seen this message board during football season. Anyone out there? :)

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I tell ya ! on the other msg board, the thread with PNG vs LCM is getting thick now. Its kinda funny. Saying LCM is going to shut down PNG and beat us ! How they are now a contender for the district title. Man I think LCM is underestimating PNG, I don't really believe we have seen our offense play at its full potential, nor have we seen all of the plays from the play book. I look for this game to be close with PNG pulling away in the second half. I think once LCM gets shell shocked their big heads will pop and their confidence level will plummet !!! Sorry getting alittle P O'ed about that thread and the candore of some of the LCM fans. I know we are arrogant at times, but hey at least we haven't had a almost 7 year failing program !!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores