PN-G vs. LC-M

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Does anyone feel like we are going to see alot of new plays from the offense in this game ? And Do you think the Defense will show some different formations or more blitz' and stunts ? Maybe even more aggressive ?
I think these could be some good subject matter for us to discuss !

bandkid

Staff member
pngfan66 said:
Does anyone feel like we are going to see alot of new plays from the offense in this game ? And Do you think the Defense will show some different formations or more blitz' and stunts ? Maybe even more aggressive ?

New plays? Yes. Very many? No. I think we'll see a few new plays at every game, with the most new plays coming at MCM and the Central game. I also think Faircloth is going to keep something in store for the playoffs if and when we make it.

That being said, I think we're going to start seeing our offense really open up and start doing some real damage in the coming weeks. I don't think there's a team in the district that really has a good idea of what's coming.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
pngfan66 said:

New plays? Yes. Very many? No. I think we'll see a few new plays at every game, with the most new plays coming at MCM and the Central game. I also think Faircloth is going to keep something in store for the playoffs if and when we make it.

That being said, I think we're going to start seeing our offense really open up and start doing some real damage in the coming weeks. I don't think there's a team in the district that really has a good idea of what's coming.

I feel we are going to put together 4 full quarters of offense in this game and put up some very impressive numbers. The D I feel will be better than they were in the TC game. Just my gut feeling. Close first half with PNG pulling away in the second half.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Dangit my computer locked up. What my reply was: PNG will put together 4 full quarters of solid offense. Close in the first half of the game with PNG pulling away in the second half. I think we will see our Offense put up some very impressive numbers. The D will be more solid and stout than they were for the TC game, just my gut feeling.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
We also have the advantage of practicing on the field turf instead of creating a mud hole that most teams in the area have to contend with now that monsoon season has arrived. Field turf is amazing.....it is in constant use.

The practice intensity is up a notch. All know it's time for district. The coaches will have them ready.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I must admit, the other MB has garnered most of my attention this week. All of the claims of PNG just being another win on the way to a district title for LCM is a pretty strong claim by the bear cubs. Unfortunately for them, I believe they are going to get a reality check friday night at 7:30.

PNG wins this game 35-17 (LCM scores a TD late on 2nd string D to make score more respectable)

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I haven't been to a PN-G game since Barbers Hill. The wait for Friday is killing me. I hope we don't show too much Friday. Those plays need to be saved for Nederland, Vidor, Lumberton, and Central. We need to blow Central out of the water and make a statement on their turf that you dont act like they did on our turf.

Back to LCM. We'll win the game. I'm sure we've scouted them enough that everyone will be ready. I'm just not expecting a lot until the bigger games. That being said, it would be nice to let the boys have a blow out win to start district play. I think they deserve it. :guns:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Because it is now district play do you think a team should put up alot of points on the scoreboard ? Do they determine any tie breakers by points scored and points allowed ?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNTime said:
All of the claims of PNG just being another win on the way to a district title for LCM is a pretty strong claim by the bear cubs.

LCM had difficulty beating 3A Cleveland. How are they gonna win a DC in a strong 4A district when they dang near lost to Cleveland?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Because it is now district play do you think a team should put up alot of points on the scoreboard ? Do they determine any tie breakers by points scored and points allowed ?

I believe they look at a point differential if a tie cannot be settled by one team beating the other. However, I also believe that the point differential is also capped. I know WO-S went through this one of their last years in 4A, but the rules may have changed since then.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
There saying that they smoked Texas City in there scrimmage. They are also saying that because they beat Clevland who outscored Barbers Hill 6 to 0 in a scrimmage that they will beat us some of em saying for 100% sure

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
prepballfan said:
There saying that they smoked Texas City in there scrimmage. They are also saying that because they beat Clevland who outscored Barbers Hill 6 to 0 in a scrimmage that they will beat us some of em saying for 100% sure

Then, come Friday night and Saturday morning, you all should have fun serving crow to LCM. However, come support your local, no-spam, no banner, no ad message board first. We don't make money off the kids and we serve local interests.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I wouldn't worry about the "STORIES" that they are telling elsewhere, just come watch the Indians at the Reservation this friday. We will show them that this Tribe of Indians doesn't mess around--they come to play! :helmet:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
prepballfan said:

Then, come Friday night and Saturday morning, you all should have fun serving crow to LCM. However, come support your local, no-spam, no banner, no ad message board first. We don't make money off the kids and we serve local interests.

Agreed pngfan93. This is the only site for me. I went over there and read some of the post and some PNG folks are talking more crap than the LCM folks. Some of the threads and post are plain stupid.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Talked to a couple of our players and they said that the team really worked hard during the bye-week to get ready for district play. I know Coach Faircloth and his staff will have the Indians ready to go. Remember--Coach Faircloth never guaranteed victories, just that no other team in the state would outwork the Indians!

I'm ready for some football!!! :clap:

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I'm ready to shut them up and bring them back to reality. It can't happen soon enough.

If they want to talk about opponents, they lost to an overrated WO-S team. Of course, I couldn't say that over there. Too many people would be PO'ed but its the truth. WO-S barely squeeked by a 2A Kirbyville team 21-20 in overtime. This is the same WO-S team that got completely outplayed and beat by Jasper. Which of course, is the same WO-S team that smacked LC-M 28-14.

tcobb27

I don't think we will see any new plays but I do see us running the same plays out of many different sets. Still some of the plays are predictable like when we run that unbalanced formation and several guys shift over to one side and we run the sweep. We've run that every game so far. The secret to our success has been the defense. I give all the credit to the defensive coaches because we have just about shut everyone down and our defense seems to play with a lot of intensity. I don't see LCM moving the ball on us too well but they seem to have a good defense also. They have played better competition than us because WOS is better than any team that we have played and Cleveland beat Barbers Hill in a scrimmage earlier this year. I think the game will be low scoring and I will call it : PNG 21 LCM 14

pngfan66

500+ Posts
tcndn91 said:
I don't think we will see any new plays but I do see us running the same plays out of many different sets. Still some of the plays are predictable like when we run that unbalanced formation and several guys shift over to one side and we run the sweep. We've run that every game so far. The secret to our success has been the defense. I give all the credit to the defensive coaches because we have just about shut everyone down and our defense seems to play with a lot of intensity. I don't see LCM moving the ball on us too well but they seem to have a good defense also. They have played better competition than us because WOS is better than any team that we have played and Cleveland beat Barbers Hill in a scrimmage earlier this year. I think the game will be low scoring and I will call it : PNG 21 LCM 14
I predict the offense to start firing on all cylinders this game and give us 4 solid quarters. I know in the last game it seemed that the O sputtered out alittle in the second half. I feel the D is going to play LCM harder than they have all 3 games during pre district. Look for the D to contain LCM and also look for Harmon to get well over 100 yards rushing and I see same BIG numbers in the stat department being put up by the Indians in a pull away victory !
PNG by atleast 17 points !!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores