PN-G vs. LC-M

conky

I want to wish the Indians GOOD LUCK tonight against LC-M. I will not be able to attend the game because I am working nights, but I surely will be listening to it on the radio. I work with 2 people from Nederland, so they have to listen to the game also. They can't stand it, but they will get over it. Who knows, they may convert to purple & white since we are going to win district! See ya'll at next weeks game.

warpaint101

It is getting close to time ..lets get this district season started...... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woohoo: :woohoo:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Would be interested in hearing some first hand accounts of this game. Were the Indians off or LCM better than expected?

PNG267

from what it sounded like on the radio PNG out-played LCM.. LCM just made some big plays.. 2 of LCM's touchdowns came from an interception that was brought back to the 20 and a kick off return for 6

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
1) We couldn't stop their wide receiver screen while playing zone D. I would bet they ran that play at least 50% of the game.

2) They had no answer to Harmon on the ground. He ran THROUGH them...literally.

3) We struggled with the deep ball.

4) Our pass protection broke down WAY too often.

5) I hesitate to say this but its true, we had to beat the officials as well as the bears tonight.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Port Neches-Groves 27, Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 20 - Final

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville Overall: 2-2 District: 0-1
Port Neches-Groves Overall: 4-0 District: 1-0
Boxscore
Friday September 25, 2009 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0 14 6 0 20
Port Neches-Groves 7 13 7 0 27

Scoring summary
PNG -- Blake Reyenga 40-yard pass from Spencer DeRon (Dylan Browning kick), 4:41, 1st.
LCM -- Hunter Gonzales 10-yard run (Garhett Bonneaux kick), 5:55, 2nd.
LCM -- Johnny Epps 92-yard kickoff return (Garhett Bonneaux kick), 51.5, 2nd.
PNG -- Caleb Harmon 1-yard run (Dylan Browning kick failed), 1:11, 2nd.
PNG -- Caleb Harmon 3-yard run (Dylan Browning kick), 10:14, 2nd.
LCM -- Hunter Gonzales 1-yard run (Garhett Bonneaux kick failed), 5:56, 3rd.
PNG -- Caleb Harmon 68-yard run (Dylan Browning kick), 11:41, 3rd.

Team Stats
Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville Port Neches-Groves
Total yards 273 432
First downs 18 19
Rushes/Yds 35/72 32/311
Average rush 2.06 9.72
Comp/Atts 24/40/2 7/14/3
Pass yards 201 121
Comp pct 60 50
Punts 5 4
Punting Yards 179 134
Punting Average 35.8 33.5
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 0/0
Penalties-yards 4-45 6-60

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Hunter Gonzales 24 40 60 201 0 2
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Hunter Gonzales 18 30 1.7 0 2
Tevvin Jones 13 30 2.3 0 0
Casey Burleigh 1 0 0 0 0
Aldric Jones 3 12 4 0 0
Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Zack Sonnier 11 90 8.2 0 0
Tevvin Jones 1 15 15 0 0
Casey Burleigh 9 59 6.6 0 0
Aldric Jones 5 42 8.4 0 0

Port Neches-Groves
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Spencer DeRon 1 1 100 40 1 0
Brennan Doty 6 13 46.15 81 0 3
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Caleb Harmon 22 307 14 0 3
Brennan Doty 7 -1 -0.1 0 0
Matt Desmond 1 6 6 0 0
Cody Ross 2 0 0 0 0
Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Caleb Harmon 1 -3 -3 0 0
Spencer DeRon 2 26 13 0 0
Blake Reyenga 2 56 28 0 0
Ryan St. Clair 2 42 21 0 0

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Uh, Harmon's
longest run was NOT 14 yds, it was about 70 yds!

Actually, it was 68 but who is counting right???

By the way, the back judge throwing all the flags resides in Little Cyprus FYI.

tcobb27

Well we inked out another victory. Tonight the running game was unstoppable but the passing game stunk. Why did we pass when we were driving late in the 3rd when we were down there and could have gone up by 2 touchdowns. The defensive coaches made no adjustments and I watch LCM get back into the game running 3 plays. LCM had the right idea on our pass D by manning Deron and playing zone everywhere else. The news said that Harman had 222 yards rushing and that was the difference. We can't throw 3 picks and fumble against the good teams in the district and expect to win. Hats off to the players to play with intensity the whole game and to the defensive coaches: you may want to run more than one front and change it up a little because the other coaches in the league are not stupid and can scout the simple D.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
Good teams find ways to win games even when things are not clicking 100 percent. Congrats Indians. 4-0 and counting....

<==========Bring it Big NED!

PNG267

tcndn91 said:
Well we inked out another victory. Tonight the running game was unstoppable but the passing game stunk. Why did we pass when we were driving late in the 3rd when we were down there and could have gone up by 2 touchdowns. The defensive coaches made no adjustments and I watch LCM get back into the game running 3 plays. LCM had the right idea on our pass D by manning Deron and playing zone everywhere else. The news said that Harman had 222 yards rushing and that was the difference. We can't throw 3 picks and fumble against the good teams in the district and expect to win. Hats off to the players to play with intensity the whole game and to the defensive coaches: you may want to run more than one front and change it up a little because the other coaches in the league are not stupid and can scout the simple D.
Our coaches know what they are doing... Why show an extra front whenever you don't need to? Save it for the time needed.... The defensive coaches are top notch and I can guarentee (believe me on this) we have more than 1 front in... And they are all ran by different levels. The jv does not even run the same defensive front as varsity.

Rebel Indian

I know it has been done for years, but... It infuriates me when the LCM band plays their little version of Cherokee and do the chop with the throat-slitting gesture. I'm not sure when it started or why, but in my opinion it is rude, disrespectful and downright ugly. On the bright side, I think we show tons of class when (as we do most every week) we applaud and many stand when their band finishes their routine at halftime... even after their rudeness!!

itybityndn

It doesn't bother me. It's the only way I can hear some Cherokee from where I sit in the quiet zone in Section E!!!!!!!! :zzz:

NDN79

500+ Posts
GREAT JOB INDIANS!! We are 4 - 0, and 1 - 0 in district and that is all that matters! Our players and coaching staff are doing a tremendous job! Are we perfect, no, but everyone is working hard and doing their best and the team is undefeated. Will we get better and improve on mistakes, yes, and no one will out-work this team. Remember, this team still has not played their best game yet--and when they do it will be something amazing!!
GREAT JOB INDIANS PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFF!! KEEP IT GOING!!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Some atmosphere pics from the game.

Game time ! ! !
DSCF7563.jpg

Our huge crowd is ready.
DSCF7573.jpg

Speaking of crowds.......our concession stand.
DSCF7568.jpg

One of the drink stations.
DSCF7569.jpg

Final......INDIANS WIN ! ! ! !
DSCF7581.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores