PN-G vs. LC-M

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Pics of our Indian Band halftime performance. Great job band!

DSCF7578.jpg

DSCF7579.jpg

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDN79 said:
GREAT JOB INDIANS!! We are 4 - 0, and 1 - 0 in district and that is all that matters! Our players and coaching staff are doing a tremendous job! Are we perfect, no, but everyone is working hard and doing their best and the team is undefeated. Will we get better and improve on mistakes, yes, and no one will out-work this team. Remember, this team still has not played their best game yet--and when they do it will be something amazing!!
GREAT JOB INDIANS PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFF!! KEEP IT GOING!!

Agreed!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Reading the PA News article and looking at the stats, sounds like it could have easily been a 42-7 or 42-14 score. Mistakes and penalties killed PN-G and allowed LC-M to stay in the game. But the Indians still won. Imagine the possibilities if they begin executing like the PN-G teams of old.

And Caleb Harmon is the "Beast of the Neches". :flaming:

Crazy Indian Fan

Well we got away with a sloppy win and our mistakes kept LCM in the ball game. However, even though we didn't have our best game we still came out with a win which shows a lot of heart and determination for this years team! Harmon with the O-line were definitely in sync and making some huge holes in the LCM defense. Seems like Doty wasn't having the best of nights and with many of the pass plays he had a guy right in his face as soon as he got the ball. But, if this team can start firing on all cylinders look out! If our offense can get into a good run/pass rhythm I think they can do some really great things!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
What does PN-G need to improve to avoid the close games when dominating the stats?

The main thing to me would be pass protection. Doty has a great arm and a host of great receivers, but he's quite often having to throw on the run. If he can ever have time to set up and survey the field, he'll be unstoppable!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
IndianFan said:
What does PN-G need to improve to avoid the close games when dominating the stats?

The main thing to me would be pass protection. Doty has a great arm and a host of great receivers, but he's quite often having to throw on the run. If he can ever have time to set up and survey the field, he'll be unstoppable!

Doty also tries to force the ball at times when he should just throw it away. He has a great arm but at times doesn't make the right reads. I would like to see us play Desmond some more, he is a better runner than Doty but would give him some experience if Doty had a injury.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Rebel Indian said:
I know it has been done for years, but... It infuriates me when the LCM band plays their little version of Cherokee and do the chop with the throat-slitting gesture. I'm not sure when it started or why, but in my opinion it is rude, disrespectful and downright ugly. On the bright side, I think we show tons of class when (as we do most every week) we applaud and many stand when their band finishes their routine at halftime... even after their rudeness!!

All the schools that do this are just HATERS!! It just goes to show you that PN-G has something special! Even though I do think it is rude...it just makes the players mad and want to kick the **it out of them even more, so keep on playin'...we'll be the ones laughing in the end!! ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the game video. LC-M is improved but was fortunate to not get smoked in that game. PN-G mistakes and penalties is what kept it close. LC-M had no answer on defense.

NONS81

NDNTime said:
1) We couldn't stop their wide receiver screen while playing zone D. I would bet they ran that play at least 50% of the game.

2) They had no answer to Harmon on the ground. He ran THROUGH them...literally.

3) We struggled with the deep ball.

4) Our pass protection broke down WAY too often.

5) I hesitate to say this but its true, we had to beat the officials as well as the bears tonight.

That back ref was a goober!!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNS81 said:
NDNTime said:
1) We couldn't stop their wide receiver screen while playing zone D. I would bet they ran that play at least 50% of the game.

2) They had no answer to Harmon on the ground. He ran THROUGH them...literally.

3) We struggled with the deep ball.

4) Our pass protection broke down WAY too often.

5) I hesitate to say this but its true, we had to beat the officials as well as the bears tonight.

That "goober" lives in Little Cypress......go figure.

That back ref was a goober!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores