Administrator
Staff member
What: 5A Division II Area Game
Where: NRG Stadium, Houston, TX Directions
When: Friday, November 23, 8:00PM
Radio: 92.5FM, Cool925.com
Live Video Broadcast: TexanLive.com
Weather: Forecast
Team Records: Lindale 7-3, 5-2 (9-5A D2) at PN-G 8-3, 6-1* (12-5A D2)

*(1 win forfeited)

PNGLindale-3.png

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
They hit us with a trick play right out the gate. Then converted 2 4th downs in their 2nd drive. Luckily our D settled in in the 2nd quarter and had 3 stops.

twrpng

100+ Posts
You are right i watched the game nederland was in it until a couple of bad plays and the speed of marshall's players finally beat them

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nederland’s starting QB was lost in first half. That was the start of it. They couldn’t sustain an offensive drive, missed wide open receivers, and just didn’t execute like they needed to score and keep the ball away from Marshall.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Here’s my one armchair coach for the day. WHY WHY WHY NOT when you get a personal foul penalty walked off on the kickoff (kicking from their 45) why not try an onside kick? Instead we kick it theough the end zone. 5/10 times were content staring them at the 35-30 which most inside kicks aren’t recovered exactly 10 yds away from spot 40-60% WE recover and if not they still only start 10-15 yards from where they would with a touchback. Why not take that chance. The way it’s done right now someone on our team endured a personal foul for NOTHING. because our kicker can kick it into the end zone whenever he wants (a fortunate weapon we’ve had for a few years now. Pinpoint and power kickoffs). TRY the onside kick after a personal foul kicking off in their territory. PLEASE.

AllINdian

Usedtocould said:
Here’s my one armchair coach for the day. WHY WHY WHY NOT when you get a personal foul penalty walked off on the kickoff (kicking from their 45) why not try an onside kick? Instead we kick it theough the end zone. 5/10 times were content staring them at the 35-30 which most inside kicks aren’t recovered exactly 10 yds away from spot 40-60% WE recover and if not they still only start 10-15 yards from where they would with a touchback. Why not take that chance. The way it’s done right now someone on our team endured a personal foul for NOTHING. because our kicker can kick it into the end zone whenever he wants (a fortunate weapon we’ve had for a few years now. Pinpoint and power kickoffs). TRY the onside kick after a personal foul kicking off in their territory. PLEASE.

Great observation and suggestion! Since the Indians are still playing next week (because they are district champs, bi-district champs, and area champs) I bet the coaches are working tomorrow (Sunday), I highly suggest you go up to the fieldhouse and put that bug in BF's ear! I'm sure that a top 5 coach in program history would love to hear what you have to say about the decisions he makes at NRG.
OR you can enjoy some of the most success we have seen in program history...

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores