PN-G VS NED *** Live updates

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Well folks............ Looks like Nederland had the better team. I think they shocked a number of people by running that ball so successfully against us. Hats off to the bulldogs.

And your final score..............

Nederland Bulldogs = 41
Poer Neches-Groves Indians = 21

Aces_Full

Please tell me this is the last year for Matt Burnett. His offensive philosophy is outdated and he seemed to have made 0 adjustments on defense. Isn't that his specialty? Sure didn't look like it tonight. Why couldn't he (or the special teams coach) make an adjustment at some point to the continuous pooch kickoffs? Why not just bring everyone up 10 yards, so your deep men can return the ball and the up-backs can block? I mean you knew what was coming every time the kicker stood one yard from the ball on the kickoff. Did you think he could kick it over your head without a running start??? Completely out-classed tonight in all phases of the game. You can a QB who can throw the ball but isn't allowed to until your 2 or more scores behind. That's not just this game, that's every year. We have wasted a good QB the last 2 seasons by not turning him loose. I guess BALANCE is a bad word to the head coach. Oh well, maybe someone will eventually get a shot to lead this team in the future. I know its just one game, but its been a microcosm of his tenure against Nederland.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree. I sure don't think it was because Nederland had a better team. We have talent and boys willing to work hard and play their heart out. What's missing is leadership. More up the middle, up the middle, pass! People in the stands, overall, were just disgusted and sick of it.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Aces_Full said:
Please tell me this is the last year for Matt Burnett. His offensive philosophy is outdated and he seemed to have made 0 adjustments on defense. Isn't that his specialty? Sure didn't look like it tonight. Why couldn't he (or the special teams coach) make an adjustment at some point to the continuous pooch kickoffs? Why not just bring everyone up 10 yards, so your deep men can return the ball and the up-backs can block? I mean you knew what was coming every time the kicker stood one yard from the ball on the kickoff. Did you think he could kick it over your head without a running start??? Completely out-classed tonight in all phases of the game. You can a QB who can throw the ball but isn't allowed to until your 2 or more scores behind. That's not just this game, that's every year. We have wasted a good QB the last 2 seasons by not turning him loose. I guess BALANCE is a bad word to the head coach. Oh well, maybe someone will eventually get a shot to lead this team in the future. I know its just one game, but its been a microcosm of his tenure against Nederland.

Oh, I couldn't agree more...this game was sickening! We have a talented team this year, and they are NOT being given the opportunity to show what they've got. I think we had the better team, but they have the better coaching and that's why they won. Coach Newman is not afraid to mix it up and throw some surprises in there and use what he's got to work with....we just don't have that at all. Yes, we beat Nederland last year, but we used to beat them EVERY year! Oh well, just had to get that off my chest, now let's get ready to welcome Livingston to the RESERVATION!!!

nissanindian

100+ Posts
we were out coached out played out refereed and even the crowd was down tonight hey we lost oh well we got livingston next week and they beat ozen by a bunch

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores