PN-G VS NED *** Live updates

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
pncoach said:
Another episode whereas Matt is out coached by Larry, folks when are we going to learn? As for the kids sitting on the bench, yes we have good kids sitting on the bench, whom are very capable players. But, there is one thing against them, they are not related to anyone on the coaching staff, their dad's did not play for PNG, they don't have older brothers who played, etc. etc.. Do I need to go on?

The only one that I see related to the coaching staff out there is Kyler S. and I don't see a problem with him, he's pulling his weight.

pncoach

Exactly the point I have made many times on this site previously, "living in the past". I do recall a coach, a very good one by the name of D Malone, who won a lot of football games doing it his way and was run out of town. Because he didn't live in the past, sure tradition is valued, but some traditions can be improved upon. I am glad that I don't have a dog in this fight, my children 1 NDNette and 1 Football player have already graduated a very long time ago.

nederbulldogs#1

Aces_Full said:
Please tell me this is the last year for Matt Burnett. His offensive philosophy is outdated and he seemed to have made 0 adjustments on defense. Isn't that his specialty? Sure didn't look like it tonight. Why couldn't he (or the special teams coach) make an adjustment at some point to the continuous pooch kickoffs? Why not just bring everyone up 10 yards, so your deep men can return the ball and the up-backs can block? I mean you knew what was coming every time the kicker stood one yard from the ball on the kickoff. Did you think he could kick it over your head without a running start??? Completely out-classed tonight in all phases of the game. You can a QB who can throw the ball but isn't allowed to until your 2 or more scores behind. That's not just this game, that's every year. We have wasted a good QB the last 2 seasons by not turning him loose. I guess BALANCE is a bad word to the head coach. Oh well, maybe someone will eventually get a shot to lead this team in the future. I know its just one game, but its been a microcosm of his tenure against Nederland.
I thought your win last year gave Matt Burnett another 5 years there. PNG good luck rest of the year! Win out and we will see you in the playoffs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
MightyNDNS said:
Let's see - we are not going to play to win, we are going to play to make people happy that their "little darling" is on the field. I guess I slept thru the Etheridge years where the favorites made an impact on the outcome of the game - 4 years in a row to the playoffs sure sounds like the right people were on the field, to me.

Those four years (74-77) were incredible. 52 total wins, 12 playoff wins, and some of the greatest player talent and assistant coaches in PN-G history.
The other seven seasons (73,78-83) totaled 37 wins over seven seasons and no playoff appearances. Coach Ethridge and those great Indian teams and coaches will always have a special place in Texas football history.

But conversations about who played, and didn't play happened then as they do now.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
We need to get away from the good ole boy, and I played with so and so's dad type of team and let the kids with the most talent play. Our defense was out played and out matched. They are slow and small, but play with alot of heart. We didn't get any pressure on the QB all night. The offensive play calling well I'll keep my comments to myself. Deron needs to be an every down receiver, but the goes back to whose whose and whose kin to who.
I'll probally catch flack over this post but this crap is getting old and sickning. Everyone I sat by felt the same way I do.

Sorry this is a little late in the discussion, but I have to agree about the good ole boy mentality. Guys, this is even happening with the girls, starting in Junior High!! I have talked with parents about how it seems like the girls who get picked for the teams either have a Mom or Dad who played, or have some status in the community, and some of these girls cannot play! My daughter did not make the track team in Middle School and she can RUN, and it's just not me who thinks so, she was told by her 6th grade PE teacher that she needs to run track. Then we she gets to 7th grade Athletics she doesn't make it!! I had a couple parents call me that heard about this and that's when I started hearing about the "popularity" contest going on in PNG Athletics. I really never payed much attention to it before, but I really started seeing it after that. I mean, one of the girls that made the track team was pitiful, but one of her parents is well known around here and is a PNG grad, AND played for PNG. Now, as for as us, I am a PNG grad, but I didn't play sports, I was in band, so I guess my daughter will have to be in the band to get anywhere. ::)

I know exactly why Ned has become the better team, it's Larry Newman, my husband played for him at TJ and he said he takes no BS...he doesn't care who you are or who your "Daddy" is, if you give him any attitude he will bench your *ss in a hearbeat, and that is SO not the case with our coaching staff. I have a close family friend who's son is playing this year, he's a sophomore, and he's GOOD!! Yes, he gets to play, but not near as much as he should considering his talent. I know you have to let the Seniors play, but when we're getting our butts handed to us, then you just gotta go with your best players no matter what grade they're in or who their "Daddy" is. Well, I just hope this changes before my son is of age to play for PNG, he's only 4 so we got some time, but if things don't start changing soon, we'll be moving, as much as I would hate to. :(

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
MightyNDNS said:
Let's see - we are not going to play to win, we are going to play to make people happy that their "little darling" is on the field. I guess I slept thru the Etheridge years where the favorites made an impact on the outcome of the game - 4 years in a row to the playoffs sure sounds like the right people were on the field, to me.

Those four years (74-77) were incredible. 52 total wins, 12 playoff wins, and some of the greatest player talent and assistant coaches in PN-G history.
The other seven seasons (73,78-83) totaled 37 wins over seven seasons and no playoff appearances. Coach Ethridge and those great Indian teams and coaches will always have a special place in Texas football history.

But conversations about who played, and didn't play happened then as they do now.

I guess I didn't realize it back then because I was a kid. Class of 81.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
nederbulldogs#1 said:
I thought your win last year gave Matt Burnett another 5 years there.

Don't kid yourself. Nederland Bulldog fans would be doing the same thing under the circumstances. ;)

nederbulldogs#1

IndianFan said:
nederbulldogs#1 said:

Don't kid yourself. Nederland Bulldog fans would be doing the same thing under the circumstances. ;)
You are correct but in my opnion we have the best coach in this part of Texas :woohoo:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
nederbulldogs#1 said:
IndianFan said:
nederbulldogs#1 said:

You are correct but in my opnion we have the best coach in this part of Texas :woohoo:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Every dog has his day. And success is cyclical. ;)

Penny

One day Neumann will retire, unless he's got Hooks genes in him... he is only 58. But he will retire. Saving grace will be that the OC will likely stay around and would be a good candidate to keep things going. He's the one who saw the personnel and made the case to switch to the spread.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
nederbulldogs#1 said:
IndianFan said:
nederbulldogs#1 said:

I don't understand. If that is so, why are so many Nederland fans wanting to run him off?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
IndianFan said:
MightyNDNS said:
Our son played on the 1975 state championship team as a junior and when they lost in semi-finals the next year. I want to make one point--when Etheridge moved to PNG he played the best players or our son would never have played because we are not doctors, lawyers, etc., and had no influence. However, after being here several years, Doug Etheridge started playing school board members sons and others who were not so good. I have never understood why coaches cannot choose the best player regardless of "who" he or his parents are.

footballfan

MightyNDNS said:
pncoach said:
Another episode whereas Matt is out coached by Larry, folks when are we going to learn? As for the kids sitting on the bench, yes we have good kids sitting on the bench, whom are very capable players. But, there is one thing against them, they are not related to anyone on the coaching staff, their dad's did not play for PNG, they don't have older brothers who played, etc. etc.. Do I need to go on?

The only one that I see related to the coaching staff out there is Kyler S. and I don't see a problem with him, he's pulling his weight.

** Edit: This is the second warning. Don't directly criticize any player. ** Again it is who ya kin to and who does your daddy know. We need new coaches and I would love for Mike Long to come back.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
caN WE PLEASE QUIT COMPLAINING AND MOVE ON BURNETT WILL BE GONE WHEN IT TIME FOR HIM TO BE GONE AND THE WHOLE MY DADDY MY BRO ARE JUST STUPID EXCUSES IF YOU CAN COACH BETTER PLEASE GO TO COLLEGE AND APPLY FOR THE JOB!!!!! bURNETT DOESNT COME TO YOUR JOB WITH A SILVER PLATTER FOR YOUR HEAD i JUST HATE ALL THIS WISHY WASHY STUFF IF WE WOULD HAVE ONE WE WOULD HAVE PUT A STATUE YOU OF BURNETT AT THE END OF THE FIELD SO LET MOVE ON THE DISTRICT IS STILL OPEN THERE IS NOT ANYONE THAT WE ARE GOING TO JUST RUN OVER

Penny

I guess I have a real hard time believing that Burnett is playing favorites at the expense of losing. Without having anything more than mom's and dad's or friends of moms and dads commenting, I'm gonna say this is hogwash. I think Burnett is smart enough to know that the most grief he will get is for losing, not sitting little Johnny that has good bloodlines but is short a step or two. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not in the middle of the situation, but I do visit the site and nobody was mentioning this before the Ned game. I can't see a professional putting his reputation and job on the line... at least I wouldn't guess he would do that. I know in Nederland, Neumann would sit his own grandchild if it meant he had a better chance to win.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
footballfan said:
MightyNDNS said:
pncoach said:

** Edit: This is the second warning. Don't directly criticize any player. ** Again it is who ya kin to and who does your daddy know. We need new coaches and I would love for Mike Long to come back.
Didn't criticize, that is praise...K is doing a great job, I think.

C O Wilson Bullpups

PNG should make the playoffs this year :woot:

It's sad you lose one game and some of your fans are ready to throw Matt Burnett under the bus. :crazy:

I agree Burnett should open up his offense. Isn't Matt the one who changed the offense back from the spread back to the run offense last year and stopped the pre-season losing streak and got you into the playoffs? :huh:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
MightyNDNS said:
Didn't criticize, that is praise...K is doing a great job, I think.

The warning was intended for footballfan, not you MightyNDNs. One thing that's never been allowed on this board is criticizing or calling out a student athlete. Well deserved praise is always encouraged.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores