PN-G vs. Nederland Game Thread

Bruiser

png fan for life said:
Automo 65 you are the one making stupid comments. If running up the middle hasn't worked all night then you have to change. Dang try anything!!! Anyway another year down and we lost to Nederland again. Getting sick of it!!!
fan for life...not sure what I said that is stupid...you are clearly a Monday morning quarterback with no real knowledge of football! I think we can all agree to that! I'm sure you're offensive play calling experience would be real handy at PNG...call Coach up and see if you can help out this week!

png fan for life

Monday morning QB. That's funny! Whether you want to agree with me or not I simply don't care. I am no coach and I do not mean any disrespect to any of our coaches and certainly not to our kids. All I know is the run up the middle didn't work all night and yet we kept trying it. Yes Nederland did a good of job taking away the run so I think we should have been more creative. We have to play smarter or we will never beat them. Nederland is and will be the team to beat as long as Newman is there. 15 to 6 is the record since his 93 arrival. Again whether you like my comments or not that record speaks for itself and I have some major trouble accepting that.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Another thing coach said, that hasn't been mentioned here is that Nederland played a different defensive strategy for this game...nothing like what was seen on any of the scout films!! That's why we struggled so much in the first half!! The coaches literally had to come up with a new game plan and plays that had never been practiced!! That put the game in a whole new perspective for me and I have a even greater respect for our coaches and players now! Coach was VERY emotional when he started discussing the game....almost breaking down at one point! He hated losing to Nederland...AGAIN...as much, if not more than we do!! But, the future is very bright and Nederland will be losing most of the players that have given us so much trouble the past few years!! I feel confident that the Indians will be holding the first Bum Phillips Bowl trophy this time next year!

Whodat

Did he say what about the strategy was different... they still played a 4-3 with the two big tackles in the middle. I've seen em play earlier in the year and it didn't look much different, just curious.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I will do my best to repeat the gist what he said, but maybe someone else that attended the meeting could explain it in more detail! He said they were in straight up man coverage. Everybody at the line covered, and 2 safety's back deep...nobody in between! It was Designed to shut down our run game and force us to throw into excellent coverage! Which worked perfectly in their favor in the 1st half, which is why he and the other coaches had to change up our game plan at the half and throw in some "low percentage" plays that he had only discussed with the team...not practiced! Idk if that clears anything up or not, but that's the best my feminine brain can do...haha!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
I will do my best to repeat the gist what he said, but maybe someone else that attended the meeting could explain it in more detail! He said they were in straight up man coverage. Everybody at the line covered, and 2 safety's back deep...nobody in between! It was Designed to shut down our run game and force us to throw into excellent coverage! Which worked perfectly in their favor in the 1st half, which is why he and the other coaches had to change up our game plan at the half and throw in some "low percentage" plays that he had only discussed with the team...not practiced! Idk if that clears anything up or not, but that's the best my feminine brain can do...haha!

+1

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDN06 said:
I LOVE it IndianFan! :clap:

BF didn't go over this play, because it obviously wasn't one of the "highlights" of the night, but your still shot shows a clear hole (which I'm sure closed up rather quickly after this shot). Execution just wasn't all there. But again, they are high school kids, and I think their overall performance was outstanding!

(BTW, for those that can't make it, these are the kinds of things BF shows in the meetings. If this play would have gone as planned, I'm sure it would have been on the highlights and his break down of the blocking, etc. would have been similar to IndianFan's analysis. He is always quick to praise the kids who executed well and made the play happen)

What "still shot"?

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
NDN06 said:
I LOVE it IndianFan! :clap:

BF didn't go over this play, because it obviously wasn't one of the "highlights" of the night, but your still shot shows a clear hole (which I'm sure closed up rather quickly after this shot). Execution just wasn't all there. But again, they are high school kids, and I think their overall performance was outstanding!

(BTW, for those that can't make it, these are the kinds of things BF shows in the meetings. If this play would have gone as planned, I'm sure it would have been on the highlights and his break down of the blocking, etc. would have been similar to IndianFan's analysis. He is always quick to praise the kids who executed well and made the play happen)

What "still shot"?

The pic of the play that IndianFan posted. If you're on your phone, maybe you can't see it?? ???

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Nope... desktop

Link please?

IndianFan said:
After watching the video replay, and reviewing the 4th and 1 play a few times, here are my thoughts.
This perspective is strictly as a fan who understands the game. As I said before, I'm not a paid strategist so my analysis is far from perfect. Just repeating what I saw in the video.....

Here is his post.... Not sure why you can't see the images ???

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There's something wrong with the file permissions. I'll correct that this evening.

It's just a couple of photos captured from the video showing a nice opening in that defensive front. The Indians basically crushed them on that play, it just didn't work out. Yes, the hole closed, but there was enough time and space to make the 2 yards, or maybe even make it to the end zone.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
Sometimes IndianFan is mean to me and doesn't let me see everything. :crazy:
J/K

Conspiracy Theory? ;D

I can't see them either. It's possible that your browser is blocking them.

expatndn

Last year in my first post I wrote "...no successful PNG football program loses more often than not to Nederland. Nobody on this board took issue with that. it's one game a year, but you can usually assume that if you can beat Nederland, the rest of the district, with the possible exception of Central, year to year, is our's to lose, or should be.

I believe PNG Fan For Life has hit the nail on the head. Ever since coach Newman got his program established, Nederland has been the 4A gold standard in our district. To this day that paradigm hasn't changed. This is the real "elephant in the room" on this thread. I'm just stating a fact. Let others make of it what they will.

And, like PNG Fan For Life, I don't want to lose to Nederland, ever, for any reason. I know that's not realistic, but does any Indian fan really feel differently about this?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
expatndn said:
And, like PNG Fan For Life, I don't want to lose to Nederland, ever, for any reason. I know that's not realistic, but does any Indian fan really feel differently about this?

I agree 100%. PN-GISD should be the southeast Texas school district with students and programs setting standards. We should never lose to nederland in anything. Not in academics and not in athletics or any other extra-curricular activity. For those that say otherwise, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Go Indians. Peace.

badndn

500+ Posts
We will all agree that Neuman and his staff are excellent (they have also not had a lot of staff turnover), but they have also had a lot of DI athletes of late. So a good staff with very good talent equals a lot of success. How many PNG Indians are playing DI football today? I can only think of three...Nelson, Reasons and Harmon. Four if you add in Doty before he gave up football. Neuman has three this year alone...and has had two or three each of the last three years. That run is about to dry up!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores