PN-G vs. Ozen Game Updates: PN-G 35 Ozen 20 Final

NDN76

MY DOG
Re: PN-G vs. Ozen Game Updates

I hate to say it because stats should not matter but...............

This hurts our Defensive stats on Points Allowed...............

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts

NDN76 said:

I was thinking the same thing.....

However, hats off to Faircloth for allowing all the kids to play at the last home game of the season.

NDN76

MY DOG

IBLEEDPURPLE said:
NDN76 said:

I was thinking the same thing.....

However, hats off to Faircloth for allowing all the kids to play at the last home game of the season.

Yeah.....I forgot that too.....It's easy to get caught up and forget about this being the last Home game, but it still irks me...........Irks, does anyone use that word anymore?????

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great job tonight INDIANS!!! Great job allowing so many players(especially seniors) to play in their last home game! It might effect your defensive stats., but it is more important to reward and encourage the players that have been working so hard for you all year long!First class job by Coach Faircloth and his entire staff!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Man, my finger nails are bitten down to my knuckles...and I think my pacemaker kicked in a few times...but aside from that, it was a huge win for us. It all comes down to 1 game.
I think we're gonna be in good shape, barring any additional injuries. Our "new" QB seems to have lit the fire...

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Pics from the game.

The PNG Band and Indianettes, Parents night.
Look at the Ozen fans......I've seen more at a scrimmage.
DSCF7972.jpg

The run thru sign to begin the game.
DSCF7977.jpg

A nice sign from a die hard PNG fan.
DSCF7975.jpg

PNG Twirlers and Cheerleaders fire up the fans to begin the second half.
DSCF8006.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Game pics cont.

#9 Cody Ross gets the hand off......Touchdown PNG!
DSCF8021.jpg

Could you believe this score in the 3rd quarter. Way to go Indians!
DSCF8023.jpg

The Indians celebrate as the PNG Band plays Cherokee.
DSCF8031.jpg

The New Reservation at the end of the last home game this season. Not an easy place to leave.
DSCF8036.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDN79 said:
Great job tonight INDIANS!!! Great job allowing so many players(especially seniors) to play in their last home game! It might effect your defensive stats., but it is more important to reward and encourage the players that have been working so hard for you all year long!First class job by Coach Faircloth and his entire staff!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have to agree with this. Playing the backups didn't do much for next season because all the juniors start or see significant playing time already. But Coach Faircloth rewarded the seniors who seldom play with some unforgettable memories of playing in that stadium in front of a PN-G home crowd. He is a smert man and made the trade off of stats for his players benefit.

Otherwise it would have been 49-0.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
NDN79 said:

Have to agree with this. Playing the backups didn't do much for next season because all the juniors start or see significant playing time already. But Coach Faircloth rewarded the seniors who seldom play with some unforgettable memories of playing in that stadium in front of a PN-G home crowd. He is a smert man and made the trade off of stats for his players benefit.

Otherwise it would have been 49-0.
I agree, all the players got play time last night. That is what a great coach will do for his team, make sure all players get play time. Its memories for the players, parents and friends. I would rather give up 20 points, knowing your ahead and winning significantly, than let down your players by not letting them play. Shows class from our coach. It shows he cares about everyone on the team and not just on the score or stats.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I totally agree.

To put things in perspective..... the stats are not going to make one bit of difference once this team goes deep in the playoffs or captures a State Championship.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
The New Reservation at the end of the last home game this season. Not an easy place to leave.
DSCF8036.jpg

I have to admit I was really disappointed with the new stadium plans compared to what we had drawn up in bond committee meetings under Dr. Creel. BISD's stadium would not have come close to touching that stadium. However, your comment is true. This stadium is a difficult place to leave. It isn't all construction, but as IndianFan has said many times, atmosphere. Kudos on the board for allowing this stadium to go in the bond and the communities of PN and G for passing it. It really is a great place for the community to come together and for our student to be proud of what they are doing. Worth every cent in my opinion!

And, just to agree with everyone else, I agree with putting the subs in. Stats are just stats. Our starters know what they can do as well as what they did do. The best possible outcome is that some coach down the line may take our defense less serious because some extra kids got to play.

These kids have worked every bit as hard as the starters all year long and more than deserved to get the playing time they got. I don't care what the scoreboard showed other than that it showed a victory. Classy move by the coaches. It can also be seen as unsportsmanlike to run the score up on most teams.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores