PN-G vs Texas City

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
Not sure if they have a site, check this one http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/ then click on messageboards

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The opposing team's site is always available on the main football page. Look at the 'Next Opponent' section on the right.

http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Texas City nipped 5A Alvin last night. Not much defense in the game.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2009&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=43313&TeamID=226&SearchType=Teams

Senior running back Justin Branch has rushed for 380+ yards (6.8 avg) in two games.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Looks like it was a pretty evenly matched game. You're right though. Not much defense on either side.
We'll show them what a defense looks like next week!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Article Last Week from From Galveston Daily News
Texas City Stings

• OUTCOME — The Stings (1-1) scored with 16 seconds remaining, defeating Alvin, 28-24, on the road Friday.

• PLAY OF THE GAME — Down by three and facing a third-and-10 from their own 20, quarterback Ryan Harper connected with running back Will Evans to get the first down. The conversion kept the drive alive and ended in a 13-yard pass from Harper to Andrew Gutierrez for the game-winning touchdown.

• WHAT WENT RIGHT — Justin Branch and the offensive line were beasts on the night. Branch rushed 34 times for 271 yards and three touchdowns. The Stings rushed for 398 yards on the evening.

• WHAT WENT WRONG — Alvin’s offense was able to have a lot of success, particularly on the ground. The Yellowjackets gashed the Stings defense for 295 yards rushing and 15 first downs. They also scored 10 points in the fourth quarter, forcing Texas City to mount a pair of come-from-behind drives.

• STARS — Harper threw for just 56 yards but had the big touchdown late. Delynn Rice had two receptions for 27 yards.

• SIDELINES — Texas City linebacker D.J. Auzenne had to be carted off due to an injury. Stings head coach Tim Finn said the injury is not as serious as initially thought, and Auzenne should be back on the field in a few weeks.

• QUOTABLE — “That fourth quarter should do a lot for Harper’s confidence and the whole offense’s confidence,” Finn said. “Having two go-ahead scoring drives in the fourth quarter was a bright spot. Our kids did a great job blocking, and we were able to march down the field and score when we needed to.”

• WHAT’S NEXT — Texas City is on the road again Friday when it travels to Port Neches-Groves.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Texas City's primary offensive weapon... running back Justin Branch.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=18431108843a5d2c

bandkid

Staff member
That all backs up what I'm hearing over on SETXSports.com. It sounds like our offense shouldn't have a problem and this game is going to ride on our defense. I agree that containing Justin Branch should be our defense's primary goal. That's the key to this game.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Sounds like it's gonna be another GREAT game! I'm not an expert on Football by any means...but if we need to work on anything it's making the tackle....especially if this guy is the real deal...can't afford to have butter fingers with this one...lol!

nissanindian

100+ Posts
Texas City is going to come in and play us hard got to put some points on the board to make them play catch up because they make more mistakes when there trying to catch up

I as many watched the lsu washington game last night man those fans were loud

Crazy Indian Fan

I think this game will be a good test for our defense to stop a run oriented team. If anything a good practice for district against a strong back and a strong o-line. Judging by how well our D contained the Crosby QB the entire game, I think our defense will be up to the challenge and the coaches will have them prepared.

NDN79

500+ Posts
It will be interesting to see the adjustments that the defense makes for this game. T.C. is a predominantly run-based attack, as opposed to the spread style of offense that we have faced the last 2 weeks. Looking forward to the game and the challenge for our Indians!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I heard that TC had their scouts at our game Fri., I hope we were scouting them as well.

NDN79

500+ Posts
We could see the T.C. scouts in the lower level of the press box. I'm sure we had scouts at their game also, think that would be standard practice. There were scouts from C.E.King to scout Crosby at our game also.

badndn

500+ Posts
A buddy of mine was scouting LCM and TC scrimmage a few weeks back for WOS and said TC runs the spread, but that they had no QB. Said they were big up front, but neither of their QBs could throw.

badndn

500+ Posts
Thats how most teams work. They have two scouting teams that split the next two or three opponents.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Man it's quiet on here considering how well we did last week and the quality of our next opponent. Im watching the KUIL webcast of the game, and I'm impressed with the corrections the coaches made in only one week's time.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Man it's quiet on here considering how well we did last week and the quality of our next opponent. Im watching the KUIL webcast of the game, and I'm impressed with the corrections the coaches made in only one week's time.
Not to make excuses, but I guess no one is chatting up this game because of the holiday weekend. Of course, I know nothing about TC except for the fact that they seem to run the ball ALOT. In their game against Alvin, it doesn't seem like TC has a strong D. If we put together several stops, and force a couple of turnovers, we should be in good shape in this one. I don't think TC will be able to stop the multiple looks that our offense will be giving them.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores