PN-G vs Texas City

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
The excitement level in the stands reminds me of the team from 2 years ago that went to the playoffs. They were very exciting to watch as well. I remember playing Nederland at Nederland and it was so dang loud !!!

Here's to memories . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzujhltKLis

pngfan66

500+ Posts
My oldest son played on that team and was the starting center until he got injured. Man that was an awsome game !!!!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great memories for sure 66, and here's to making some amazing new memories! I think before all is said and done, we will be talking about this season for years to come! ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Galveston County News Recap
Texas City Stings

• OUTCOME — The Stings (1-2) had another fourth-quarter comeback but ended up falling to Port-Neches Groves in overtime, 22-16.

• PLAY OF THE GAME — In a repeat of heroics from the week before, Stings quarterback Ryan Harper threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Andrew Gutierrez with 21 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. Harper ran in the two-point conversion to tie the game. However, the Stings weren’t able to come up with a scoring play in overtime, fumbling the ball on their possession.

• WHAT WENT RIGHT — Special teams kept the Stings in the game late. They blocked two second-half field goal attempts by PN-G.

• WHAT WENT WRONG — The running game, Texas City’s bread and butter, struggled against the physical Indians defense. The Stings gained just 128 yards on 37 carries. Justin Branch, the county’s leading rusher heading into the game, managed just 22 yards on 13 carries. The Stings also missed two opportunities from inside the PN-G 5-yard line, turning the ball over on downs both times.

• STARS — Harper led the team with 78 yards rushing and two scores, one on the ground and one through the air. He also had a pair of two-point conversion runs.

• WHAT’S NEXT — Texas City is off next week. It begins district play Sept. 18 when it hosts Friendswood.

— Staff report
http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=d417d6b5cadd7c73

Bob S.

badndn said:
I'm not looking past anyone in this district!

Vidor is a running team, but not in the same mold as TC. TC ran out of the spread. You pretty much know who is getting the ball. Not a lot of misdeirection.

Vidor runs the triple option. Anyone of four backs could carry the ball and every play involves misdirection and a little trickeration! When executed correctly it is tough to defend. It is a good offense to run if you don't have the personnel to matchup with the big dogs. Ask Ohio State. They had hell with an inferior Navy bunch last week.

excellent point!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores