PN-G vs Texas City

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Don't know how accurate the stats are from the radio crew but they're saying PNG had 321 yards of offense while holding TC to 143 yards and only 11 in the first half.

A complete reversal of what was expected to happen. Indians put the hats on Texas City's Branch all night holding him to a sub par performance. Caleb Harmon rushed for over 150 yards. ;D

Greta job Indians.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
The whole offense needs to carry the defensive players books to class next week. Defense played one heck of a game. Need to do some serious work with the field goal unit these next 2 weeks.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan, I'm not sure about the stats either, but I do know that our D held them to ZERO 1st downs in the 1st half. That's some awesome defense right there. And in the 2nd half, it wasn't much better for the Stinks either, but they were aided with a bunch of penalties to advance them to 18 pts.

Our D was on the field a really long time in the 2nd, but they sure stiffened when they needed to.

And I can't say enough about Caleb Harmon...what a HOSS!

Congrats Indians! Take a 2 week rest, then let's kick some LCM Booty!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2009&tpl=Boxscore&ID=38314&Sport=1&TeamID=151&SearchType=Teams

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Port Neches-Groves 22, Texas City 16 - Final

Texas City Overall: 1-2 District: 0-0
Port Neches-Groves Overall: 3-0 District: 0-0
Boxscore
Friday September 11, 2009 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 OT Total
Texas City 0 0 8 8 0 16
Port Neches-Groves 3 13 0 0 6 22

Scoring summary
PNG -- Dylan Browning 21-yard field goal, 3:00, 1st.
PNG -- Spencer DeRon 31-yard pass from Brennan Doty (kick failed), 5:29, 2nd.
PNG -- Blake Reyenga 50-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick), 2:19, 2nd.
TCT -- Ryan Harper 23-yard run (Ryan Harper run), 1:04, 3rd.
TCT -- Andrew Gutierrez 8-yard pass from Ryan Harper (Ryan Harper run), 0:21, 4th.
PNG -- Caleb Harmon 13-yard run, OT.

Team Stats
Texas City Port Neches-Groves
Total yards 167 337
First downs 6 10
Rushes/Yds 37/128 29/181
Average rush 3.46 6.24
Comp/Atts 7/16/1 10/20/1
Pass yards 39 156
Comp pct 43.75 50
Punts 7 3
Punting Yards 272 97
Punting Average 38.86 32.33
Fumbles/Lost 3/2 2/0
Penalties-yards 0-0 0-0

Texas City
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Ryan Harper 7 16 43.75 39 1 1
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Justin Branch 13 22 1.7 0 0
Will Evans 9 28 3.1 0 0
Ryan Harper 11 78 7.1 0 1
Joe Johnson 4 0 0 0 0
Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Andrew Gutierrez 1 8 8 0 1
Delynn Rice 1 4 4 0 0
Will Evans 1 9 9 0 0
Otis Johnson 1 3 3 0 0
Deandre' Knoxxson 1 6 6 0 0
Deshaun Rawls 2 9 4.5 0 0

Port Neches-Groves
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Brennan Doty 10 20 50 156 2 1
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Caleb Harmon 24 160 6.7 0 0
Spencer DeRon 1 8 8 0 0
Kyler Segura 1 3 3 0 0
Brennan Doty 3 10 3.3 0 0
Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Spencer DeRon 1 31 31 0 1
Garrett Boudoin 4 31 7.8 0 0
Blake Reyenga 1 50 50 0 1
Kyler Segura 2 20 10 0 0
Amir Jalali 2 24 12 0 0

NDN79

500+ Posts
AWESOME JOB INDIANS!! Thank You for allowing us to be a part of History with you! 1st over-time game, and WE WIN!!

itybityndn

NDN79 said:
AWESOME JOB INDIANS!! Thank You for allowing us to be a part of History with you! 1st over-time game, and WE WIN!!

That was our second overtime game, but our first one the win. We lost to Lumberton last year. That being said, I think our Indians played great tonnight. Our defense is awesome!! Once the offense can start clicking a whole game, their won't be very many teams that will give us trouble. We are now 0-0 again, district is always tough, but with this group of guys their is a strong possibility we could run the table.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I have to say it is such a joy to watch the coaches excitement on the sidelines when the game was won....these guys love what they are doing. Congrats coaches on a great job!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
itybityndn said:
NDN79 said:

That was our second overtime game, but our first one the win. We lost to Lumberton last year. That being said, I think our Indians played great tonnight. Our defense is awesome!! Once the offense can start clicking a whole game, their won't be very many teams that will give us trouble. We are now 0-0 again, district is always tough, but with this group of guys their is a strong possibility we could run the table.

I don't remember the 1st OT game. Which was it?

itybityndn

PNG Proud said:
itybityndn said:
NDN79 said:

We lost to Lumberton in district. It was the first time we ever lost to them.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
Yeah, congrats to the boys. Couldn't go to game, feeling under the weather, but listened to the whole thing, and they sounded like they played great.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
itybityndn said:
PNG Proud said:
itybityndn said:
NDN79 said:

[/quote

We lost to Lumberton in district. It was the first time we ever lost to them.

But that wasn't in OT. It was ALMOST an OT game, but Lumberton scored at the end to win it.....I think

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I can't remember the last time we had that many people in the stands, THAT into the game. :clap: :clap: :clap: WOW....what a defense. Just an unbelievable job all around. The team's and coach's exhilaration at the end was something to behold.

A pic from the celebration.

DSCF7541.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores