PN-G vs Texas City

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I went in before football season started and they had a decent selection of PNG stuff. Must have sold it all in the excitement of this year.

NDN79

500+ Posts
You would think that some place in Pt. Neches or Groves would carry a large selection of PN-G stuff. What a large sales oppurtunity is being lost, with the large fan base that PN-G has. It has been this way for years--hopefully it will change sometime soon and , we as fans will have more options to choose to show our loyalty to our INDIANS!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I have considered trying to work out a deal with a local supplier and/or school and offer merchandise online at pngindians.com. But with all orders, payments and handling being handled by the district.

But now that the booster club is a reality, that becomes their place to do that. It's a great opportunity and would be in demand. Keep in mind that this is much greater than just local fans. A lot of distant alumni would buy purple and white clothing and spirit items. And possibly never even make it back for games to use it. They just want to own it.

tcobb27

ndnrock 44 -- I also agree with you that a 3-4 can be effective against the run but I just haven't seen our team ever get out of a 3 man front the past 2 games. I would think there would be 4 men down against TC. to stop the run.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
TEXAS CITY OFFENSE

SE -- Emery Scott (6) 5-9 155

LT -- Heston Renken (55) 6-7 300

LG -- Alex Allgood (57) 6-0 235

C -- Chris Boudoin (63) 6-0 190

RG -- Anthony Messer (51) 5-11 213

RT -- Weston Tucker (72) 5-10 250

TE -- Deandre' Knoxson (41) 6-0 175

QB -- Ryan Harper (15) 5-10 180

RB -- Justin Branch (26) 5-11 190

SLOT -- Will Evans (28) 5-10 190

FL -- Rodney Bonilla (9) 6-3 170

TEXAS CITY DEFENSE

LE -- Richard Goodson (60) 5-11 225

NT -- Melvin Evans (56) 6-1 245

DT -- Rodrick Sparks (80) 6-0 220

RE -- Hayden McNeil (34) 6-2 180

SLB -- Josh Marshall (47) 5-9 195

WLB -- D.J. Auzenne (10) 5-10 195

OLB -- Drew Carreon (43) 6-1 220

LCB -- Dorian Huff (2) 5-11 155

RCB -- Zack Simpson (14) 5-9 155

R -- Kaleb Apffel (18) 5-10 175

S -- Delynn Rice (12) 5-10 175

Pngrick72

This in Galveston paper;
Texas City (1-1) at Port Neches-Groves (2-0)

• Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. at The Reservation

• Key to the game: Justin Branch, Justin Branch and more Justin Branch. The senior running back is a dominant force and gives Texas City a chance to win every game with his running ability.

• Buckley’s Prediction: PN-G 28, Texas City 14

OldEagle

500+ Posts
If the band isn't there, this would be a good time to play Cherokee over the scoreboard speakers when we score, etc.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
OldEagle said:
If the band isn't there, this would be a good time to play Cherokee over the scoreboard speakers when we score, etc.

I agree!! That's a wonderful idea...i hope the powers that be have thought about that!! Do you think there is a possibility that the game would cancel because of the rain? That would be wierd since the Texas City game got canceled last year because of Ike, now the weather is threatening it again....hhmmmmm....lol!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
70% chance of thunderstorms around game time.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/hourbyhour/77651?from=hrly_graph_icon&page=hourlygraph&fcstHour=20&begHour=16&begDay=254#20

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
They won't cancel a game because of rain. I've sat thru plenty of games in the rain. My slicker suit and umbrella stay in the trunk. If it's lightning and thundering, they'll delay it to see if it moves out. If you hear thunder then lightning is close enought to strike and they won't take a chance on the kids or the fans either for that matter. If it's a steady rain, the game will go on.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_253235112.html?keyword=topstory

PA NEWS GAME OF THE WEEK: TEXAS CITY AT PN-G

By Tom Halliburton
The Port Arthur News
September 10, 2009 11:49 pm

— PORT NECHES -- Brandon Faircloth deferred to his defensive coordinator for comments about Texas City running sensation Justin Branch.
Thirty-five carries and 275 rushing yards plus three touchdowns from Branch against Alvin seemed sufficient to command Indians' assistant coach Duane Kroeker's attention.
Faircloth and Kroeker know that Caleb Harmon and a very diverse Port Neches-Groves attack certainly dominates the focus of Stingarees' ninth-year head coach Tim Finn, too.
It's a matchup that was looked to be most interesting all summer. Even this week's recent rain showers have failed to dilute the interest in Texas City (1-1) at PN-G (2-0), arguably the most awaited of the Indians' three pre-district games.
"This will be the most physical game we've played to this point," said the spunky and friendly new Indians' chief.
A young coach with a special perspective on the final product, Faircloth understood one long-term benefit from playing this most-competitive Galveston County opponent.
"They'll definitely make us better, whether we win or lose... which is the goal at all times. Texas City has a very exciting team. They will be a very tough test."
A wacky two-hour lightning delay fouled up Texas City's home opener before Lamar Consolidated concluded the late night with 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter and defeated Texas City 27-14.
"I don't think I ever played a game after midnight," Texas City's Finn recalled. "We wanted to get this game in. You find out where you stand against a good team like Lamar."
Besides the obvious water-proof concerns of both offenses, a major injury factors high atop Finn's PN-G factors. The Galveston County Daily News regarded Stings leading tackler D.J. Auzenne as doubtful for tonight at inside linebacker due to an leg injury in last week's 28-24 win over Alvin. Auzenne led Texas City's defense in tackles after two games with five solos and 24 assists.
PN-G looked sharper and far more in control of its 37-7 victory over Crosby than in the more jitter-filled opener with Barbers Hill. Senior running back Harmon moved into second among league rushers at 209 yards and tied for third in 20-4A scoring (18 points) after the second 100-yard-plus night of his career. Harmon ran 16 times for 117 yards and two touchdowns against Crosby. Only a 165-yard outing at Crosby as a junior surpassed Harmon's previous individual highs.
Faircloth liked the comfort of a 30-7 halftime lead and he expected PN-G to feel more relaxed and at ease in its second game.
"They definitely were more relaxed," he said. "Going through that experience (on opening night), they were more used to it. We got off to a great start and that was very encouraging."
Texas City pulled out its win at Alvin with 16 seconds left on a 13-yard scoring pass from Ryan Harper to tight end Andrew Gutierrez. A third-and-10 pass early in the winning drive enabled Harper to keep the drive alive to running back Will Evans. Finn regarded the drive as a critical confidence lift for his team's offense.
"The fourth quarter should do a lot for Harper's confidence," he said. "Having two go-ahead scoring drives in the fourth quarter was a bright spot."
Harmon has compiled encouraging early numbers for the Indians but the stats suggested TC's Branch as the night's marquee runner. A 5-11, 190-pound senior, Branch rushed 57 times for 387 yards and three TDs -- nearly seven yards a carry -- in his first two games.
PN-G's defensive coordinator compared Branch to a 1995 Heisman winner and former Tennessee Titans' running standout, Eddie George.
"He's the best back we've seen all year," Kroeker said. "I think he reminds me of Eddie George because he's a big, thick, hard runner that has speed."
Inside linebacker Christian Kerr has been the Indians' tackle leader to date with nine stops. Outside backer Nathan Raggio and safety Ryan St. Clair have looked impressive with seven apiece.

TEXAS CITY AT PN-G
When: Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Where: Indian Stadium, Port Neches
Records: Texas City (1-1), PN-G (2-0)
Series: PN-G leads 8-0 (last meeting 1974)
Last year: Canceled due to Hurricane Ike
TV: PA News Friday Night Experience, Saturday, 12 noon (The U, Cable 15)
Radio: KCOL-FM 92.5
Internet videostream: www.panews.com, www.kuiltv.com, www.setx.com (After 3 p.m Saturday).

TEXAS CITY OFFENSE
SE -- Emery Scott (6)
LT -- Heston Renken (55)
LG -- Alex Allgood (57)
C -- Chris Boudoin (63)
RG -- Anthony Messer (51)
RT -- Weston Tucker (72)
TE -- Deandre' Knoxson (41)
QB -- Ryan Harper (15)
RB -- Justin Branch (26)
SLOT -- Will Evans (28)
FL -- Rodney Bonilla (9)
PN-G DEFENSE
SE -- Christian Shetley (44)
NT -- Taylor Thompson (42)
WE -- Dallas Davis (90)
OLB -- Nathan Raggio (17)
ILB -- Kane Benoit (12)
ILB -- Christian Kerr (16)
OLB -- Blake Brooks (25)
LCB -- Aaron Brandom (6)
RCB -- Collin Gizzi (15)
SS -- David St. Clair (1)
FS -- Dre' Dunbar (8)

PN-G OFFENSE
LWR -- Kyler Segura (5)
LT -- Ashton Reasons (74)
LG -- Gabe Langlois (79)
C -- Klete LeBlanc (56)
RG -- Brant Boudoin (54)
RT -- Greg Lunceford (77)
RWR -- Spencer DeRon (19)
SLOT -- Blake Reyenga (10)
SLOT -- Garrett Boudoin (22)
QB -- Brennan Doty (18)
RB -- Caleb Harmon (7)
TEXAS CITY DEFENSE
LE -- Richard Goodson (60)
NT -- Melvin Evans (56)
DT -- Rodrick Sparks (80)
RE -- Hayden McNeil (34)
SLB -- Josh Marshall (47)
WLB -- D.J. Auzenne (10)
OLB -- Drew Carreon (43)
LCB -- Dorian Huff (2)
RCB -- Zack Simpson (14)
R -- Kaleb Apffel (18)
S -- Delynn Rice (12)

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
akifan94 said:
Thanks for posting that 93'. I am sure my paper is unreadable sitting in my driveway at home.

Ours is always like that unless we catch when it hits the driveway at 3:30AM. I tell them why can't the deliver driver throw it is the grass when it is raining that way the bag doesn't rip because he single bagged it.

NDN79

500+ Posts
All Indian fans come out tonight--rain or not--lets cheer on our Indians to their 3rd victory and show them a little water can't dilute the spirit of Indian Nation! Look on the bright side--even if it rains , at least it will be cooler! Rain, sleet, hail, or snow--THE INDIANS WILL BRING THE PURPLE PAIN!! :helmet:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck tonight.

Radio: 92.5FM
Radio Simulcast: http://www.cool925.com
Live Games Updates: http://www.Twitter.com/pngindians
Varsity Roster: http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/varsityroster
Varsity Schedule: http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/2009varsityschedule
District Standings: http://www.pngindians.com/sports/football/standings
Season Statistics: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/ipreps/High_School_Sports_Data.html?site=default&tpl=zBMT_Team&SearchType=Teams&Sport=1&TeamID=151&DistrictID=&SearchDate=08%2F22%2F08&SearchDateEnd=08%2F22%2F08

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDN79 said:
All Indian fans come out tonight--rain or not--lets cheer on our Indians to their 3rd victory and show them a little water can't dilute the spirit of Indian Nation! Look on the bright side--even if it rains , at least it will be cooler! Rain, sleet, hail, or snow--THE INDIANS WILL BRING THE PURPLE PAIN!! :helmet:

And maybe some Purple Rain as well.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores